Destroy 2 planes with the Madsen MG trench

Comments

• BaconRebellion
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    People don't realize how much damage firearms do to planes. In one pass, I can do 20+ damage with a medic rifle. Did so the other night. Have also destroyed quite a few planes while a friendly pilot was chasing them. Get 4-5 people shooting at one and boom. This challenge may be their goal, to show players that it is effective to shoot at planes with their firearms. May not be the easiest challenge in the world, but it's definitely possible, and sounds like it would be fun to try.

And if it was with the lewis gun suppressive or the mg15 then fine. But the Madsen Trench? May as well make a challeneg of destroying a tank with the kolibri

No that would be easy, plant landmines next to a camping tank then shot them with the kolibri some time it credits the gun you shot the mine with rather the landmines.

I just realized that after i posted this. Still itd be much better suited for a better weapon than a trench variant.
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Next up: kill 3 fighters with the kolibri
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2017
    Here is a crazy idea.How about they give me the guns I've paid for.

cheers, I agree, and yes I feel entitled since I (and you ,and many others )paid real cash for premium. I got no problem with challenges to unlock them ,if they're within reason.
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    I can see all the buff threads popping up for the 12G Backbored and the 1903 Experimental.

I do find it funny how people are saying how bad MG are at destroying planes yet for months all I heard was use a MG if the AA is not available.

well , for a MG15 (any variant ) or lewis gun suppressive it can be a viable option, but for MGs with low ammo count BAR, madsen, etc. it's nearly impossible.

• HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Here is a crazy idea.How about they give me the guns I've paid for.

cheers, I agree, and yes I feel entitled since I (and you ,and many others )paid real cash for premium. I got no problem with challenges to unlock them ,if they're within reason.

Agree again, I say it all the time. I paid you for weapons and then you make me grind for them. Makes perfect sense.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    At least there is hope as it's only stuff from CTE and Dice will have a chance to fix/adjust this.

It depends. The people on Reddit like the assignments or not?

LOL!
  • half_empty_soul
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People don't realize how much damage firearms do to planes. In one pass, I can do 20+ damage with a medic rifle. Did so the other night. Have also destroyed quite a few planes while a friendly pilot was chasing them. Get 4-5 people shooting at one and boom. This challenge may be their goal, to show players that it is effective to shoot at planes with their firearms. May not be the easiest challenge in the world, but it's definitely possible, and sounds like it would be fun to try.

dude stop smoking that think its damaging your brain .... points you get for hitting plain are not equal to damage you do.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    idasBOT wrote: »

dude stop smoking that think its damaging your brain .... points you get for hitting plain are not equal to damage you do.

Aye. Even if you and a squadmate manage to do 40 damage, 10 seconds later, Plane is on full health again and rapes infantry with ease.

Small arms damage against airplanes is a big fat joke in this game, the current fast easy repaircycles are part of that.
  • mph199
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    Zooboid wrote: »
    "What should they do? Give us the new guns with no effort on our part? That would not feel very rewarding." I don't care, just give me them. You all do the somewhat dumb assignments, I just want the new kit I've paid for. Yes, I have a sense of entitlement here but I've already made an effort by buying premium.

+1...

DICE actually missed a trick here -- How many more people would upgrade to Premium if it exempted them from the assignments??

If I wanted a nonstop grind every night and every weekend until 2018, I'd go back to playing GTAV...
    Post edited by mph199 on
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I would prefer, kill two Madsen trench users with a plane. :#
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mph199 wrote: »
    Zooboid wrote: »
    "What should they do? Give us the new guns with no effort on our part? That would not feel very rewarding." I don't care, just give me them. You all do the somewhat dumb assignments, I just want the new kit I've paid for. Yes, I have a sense of entitlement here but I've already made an effort by buying premium.

+1...

DICE actually missed a trick here -- How many more people would upgrade to Premium if it exempted them from the assignments??

If I wanted a nonstop grind every night and every weekend until 2018, I'd go back to playing GTAV...

This is why I stopped playing gta. Here have a 2 million dollar car with this update, you'll only have to grind missions for 40 hours to get it
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ^ur doing it wrong. U need to grab mommies credit card and go 4 them shark cards.
  • WilkinLJG
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I agree with you. This is a horrible idae to unlock new weapon. Dice, please choose reasonable challenges. Those unreasonable challenges will make the game bad. Many people won't be playing the objective, because they have to unlock weapon.
  • OrionPherrit
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    slu1ce wrote: »

What's the problem? The requirements to unlock both Mosin variants are nothing complicate to accomplish...

50 G.98 Marksman (done in 1-2 games)
    +
    15 Tripwire HE (done under 5 games)

&

3 headshot with SMLE (done in 1 game)
    +
    20 kills with Mars (done under 5 games)

Essentially, in 5 games, a mediocre player can unlock both variant.
    A good player will have it complete in 2-3 games.

Except the Mosin-Nagant was standard issue in the Russian military and given to their soldiers automatically upon enlistment/conscription. Just like Fench troops shouldn't have to grind for the Lebel.

How does this work? You're drafted into the army, then have to borrow Dad's old hunting rifle and earn your stripes in that to prove you're "worthy" to receive an M16? Maybe no problemo for a skilled marksman like yourself -- until you consider the enemy are all using AK47s that were probably purchased for less than the cost of this game…
  • gets__tilted
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    boutneus wrote: »
    Next up: kill 3 fighters with the kolibri

Killing 3 PEOPLE is enough. In 750 hrs i only have like 13 kills with it. Still fun to whip out once in a while tho..
  • disposalist
    8925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Maybe go to Monte Grappa and type in chat "hey, anyone wanna team up for the Madsen Trench airplane kill mission"? Will probably get it done in one game.

People seem to approach these things from a lone wolf point-of-view. BF1 is a team/squad-oriented multi-player game, isn't it?
  • Sword-of-Cyric
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Maybe go to Monte Grappa and type in chat "hey, anyone wanna team up for the Madsen Trench airplane kill mission"? Will probably get it done in one game.
    Doubt that even a squad would get 10 kills, and definitely not evenly distrbuted among them.

• Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

People seem to approach these things from a lone wolf point-of-view. BF1 is a team/squad-oriented multi-player game, isn't it?

You think people ever read or have their chat on ''visible'' on publics?

DICE really failed at teamplay tools in BF1. And in Bf4. And in Bf3.