Some advices to DICE team from the owner of "ZET" hardcore server.

JenTosM
39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
Hello, I'm the host of the most popular hardcore server in Europe.

First at all I'm trully enjoing plaing BF1 and renting your server. After 2 month renting the server I'd like to make some suggestions concerning RSP:
  • First: There is not enough allowed number of maps in rotation, now it's only 15, that means I can't add all 16 maps to my rotation. Would be great to increase this number.
  • Second: Server gets restarted when I make some changes in the "Server admin" panel, for example when I make somebody a VIP or an admin. That means no matter what map won in the voting, next map will be the first in the rotation. Please, this needs to be fixed.
  • Third: I can't add "Elite classes" or "Spawning only on the leader" options, because in this case my server disappears from "Custom games" in the main menu, so people can't find it anymore. Just don't forbid this options in "Custom games" filter, please, let the owners choose by themselfs if they want this options at their servers.
  • Fourth: Balance. I know, there has been said enough already by the other players.I'll just say if you don't wanna give to admins the ability to move players, then at least forbid players to switch to a winning team. A lot of players leave my server every day, just because of the balance. And I helpless here.
  • Fifth: I put rules and contacts in the description of my server, but almost nobody sees them. So I propose to add the description on the "loading screen", so while people wait to load, they would read the rules. Also it would be great to add description to the "Information of the server" in the ingame menu.
  • Sixth: Some people need to be banned only for a couple of days, but there is only permanent ban. So at least add some notes to the banes, so admins would know when to unban the player.

This post is only for the DICE team. If you think DICE won't read this, please suggest where should I post it, so they will.

Comments

• JenTosM
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    UPD:
    • Seventh: Maybe it's a common bug, maybe not, but "Server admin" panel is always invisible when I go to in-game menu first time in the each round. It shows up after 20 seconds, but It's a time I don't wanna waste.

PS: Please let me know, if somebody from the DICE team had red this. So I wouldn't look for the other channels to tell you all this.

Best regards, owner of "ZET" hardcore server.
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JenTosM wrote: »
    [*] First: There is not enough allowed number of maps in rotation, now it's only 15, that means I can't add all 16 maps to my rotation. Would be great to increase this number.

15 is better than what we started with.. Think it was 6 or 9... Regardless, the feature of adding as many maps, including duplicates should have been a STANDARD SETTING. I still don't have a clue what the devs were thinking when they made this RSP. My best guess is whatever they can come up with that would totally **** off anyone who rents servers. It's just ****-backwards thinking on their part. I do think it was on purpose as well.

• CrashCA
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    See how quickly got a reply from EA, Dice or anyone. Could try Reddit - Battlefield_live

• CedarOfLebanon
    598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They limit the number of maps in the rotation because they want you to rent more than one server, they care about profit more than the problems in the RSP
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    See how quickly got a reply from EA, Dice or anyone. Could try Reddit - Battlefield_live

It should be mandatory for a "real" EA employee connected to the game to monitor and respond to some of the concerns we have. Almost every other game developer has this.
  • StarscreamUK
    7102 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    P1asma, please tone down the language.

The Dev team is definitely aware of the interest in RSP servers having more functions, but unfortunately, we don't have any information to share at this time.

That would be the same answer from a "real" EA employee.
  • P1asma
    P1asma, please tone down the language.

The Dev team is definitely aware of the interest in RSP servers having more functions, but unfortunately, we don't have any information to share at this time.

That would be the same answer from a "real" EA employee.

I typed that with a very calm voice. I promise ;)