Weekly Debrief

Battlefield 2018

Comments

• impulsive_tango
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The point that needs to be made is will the trailer sell pre-order games! Yes it will for those who don't see past the trailer. For other like me it won't.
  • MAGNUSDUCTOR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For those of you who don't watch videos of youtubers, here is a pc format article: https://www.pcgamer.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-battlefield-5/
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Already read that one. We will have to wait until the full reveal.
  • Imcrine
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Dice are in full damage control spamming likes on their own trailer because people are obliterating that thing in youtube comment section
  • herodes87
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Funny thing is how many dislikes the Trailer already has. More then BF1 and that Game is 1 1/2 years old.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That constant sliding is like my worst nightmare inside a Battlefield game, man.
  • herodes87
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It just did not look like WW2 to me. I am no longer hyped.

What is up the hook for a hand? It all seemed too cartoonish.

its the 2010s Man! Look how popular Fortnite is.

I miss the good old WW2 Shooters (BF1942, Cod 1-3 WaW and Brothers in Arms). I am glad that i grow up with them. I feel so sorry for the kids today.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13078 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

It's how prosthetic limbs were made back then, There wasn't any fancy silicone covered prosthetic limbs back in those days
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The forum has got a blue background now..........not sure I like it.
  • Shadders_X
    483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi,
    Reading some more on a tech site which has collated some information :

Balancing this out, however, is the addition of supply stations at every flag where players will be able to restore health, ammo, and gadgetry. You physically have to approach these stations in order to get anything out of them – none of this abstract ‘I was in the area’ collection. All enemies will also now drop ammo when they’ve died, but it’s up to you whether you want to take the risk of running out of cover to grab it.

There is the buddy revive, and medic revive. Buddy revive does not restore full health, so you need a medic for that.

People are automatically in squads (yet again.....) but i think those people looking to run and gun, will just ignore the squad as they have done for the past games from BF3 to BF4. They don't need to rely upon the squad for ammo or health as there are now stations - which is a good thing. But also a bad thing, as who now needs to worry about getting ammo, when you have locations (not people) to get ammo/health.

DICE have made an error here - the thing that killed teamwork was squads. It isolated a group of players from the rest of the team. So whilst ammo/health points alleviates the issue of selfish players, it will now just let everyone run around, doing what they want as they know where to get ammo/health, and there is no imperative to force people to be a team player.

Oh well, at least the netcode will be ok.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • FELT-Z___BRANN
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

It's how prosthetic limbs were made back then, There wasn't any fancy silicone covered prosthetic limbs back in those days

Yeah. I highly doubt though that the ran back into battle with rusty little arm.
  • Imcrine
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    The best part about this trailer is how many people think the player customization, presence of females, and obviously staged, more-cenematic-than-real "gameplay" shown off in the trailer means the game will be terrible.

What will be even more hilarious is the sheer number of people that will swear up and down that they're never buying another BF game again, then we'll see them playing/discussing BFV later in November.

Happens with every single reveal.

a lot of people can see the intentions of Dice past the trailer you know ?

now go do your chores
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well everyone is complaining on the graphics...guess the plus side is it's not a reskin so no more annoying complaints about that.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The best part about this trailer is how many people think the player customization, presence of females, and obviously staged, more-cenematic-than-real "gameplay" shown off in the trailer means the game will be terrible.

What will be even more hilarious is the sheer number of people that will swear up and down that they're never buying another BF game again, then we'll see them playing/discussing BFV later in November.

The concept art was getting me hyped, but the trailer was very meh, BF1 trailer was so epic that I watched it constantly for about an hour when it was first released. As you say the "game play" is fake like all game trailers are so fingers crossed its just a bad trailer and the game is a lot better.

I'm going to stay open minded about it.
  • FELT-Z___BRANN
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I can see it now. You are down on the ground and a medic with a rusty arm runs over to drag ti safety, whilst yelling take my strong hand.

No. Just no. Go away.
  • Imcrine
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Well everyone is complaining on the graphics...guess the plus side is it's not a reskin so no more annoying complaints about that.

this is much much worse
  • CrazyGI1998
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just reposting this video again to make sure people can also hear about the features described in detail. Jackfrags did it, but I am posting it because I am seeing to many irrational and unfound criticisms. He names all the things are going to be in the game.

I feel much better about the game now. It does seem more complex and complicated than it used to be. Also, about the revive system: he said that if you are shot down you can look around and raise your hand and shout for a revive. Will we be able to shoot these downed players in order to completely kill them? It certainly seem like in certain cases, such as with a knife kill or a headshot, that a player should be unable to call for help.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Imcrine wrote: »

a lot of people can see the intentions of Dice past the trailer you know ?

now go do your chores

No, a lot of people are over thinking a cenematic reveal trailer that more than likely doesn't even resemble actual gameplay.

You know, unless you think the no hit markers, no cross hairs, wildly swinging the LMG from side to side without rotating your screen, and execution kill so long that your teammate can respawn and prevent it, actually represents gameplay. Which is ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.