Battlefield 2018

Comments

• Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trailer looks appealing, if you're ten.
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dammn. All the negativity. YES the trailer was BAD. But just wait for EA Play... I think DICE will surprise us there.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi,
    Reading some of the write ups, the further use of squads and team play tactics forced upon the players is a bad move.

On BF4, people are happy to be in squads because it gives them another spawn point closer to the action. I very rarely see squads acting like a squad.

In all the years i have played BF4, i have never heard any voice communications. Squads just do not work.

Restricting people who play lone wolf, will alienate people from the game. But at least EA already have their money from the purchase.

Given the similarity with CoD, it will be interesting to see what the online gameplay numbers are, after a few months.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    Hi,
    Reading some of the write ups, the further use of squads and team play tactics forced upon the players is a bad move.

On BF4, people are happy to be in squads because it gives them another spawn point closer to the action. I very rarely see squads acting like a squad.

In all the years i have played BF4, i have never heard any voice communications. Squads just do not work.

Restricting people who play lone wolf, will alienate people from the game. But at least EA already have their money from the purchase.

Given the similarity with CoD, it will be interesting to see what the online gameplay numbers are, after a few months.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Well good, those people can stay in BF4 or go play a different game. You accused DICE for copying CoD....well if this isn't clear proof they are being themselves then I don't know what is.

Cant have it both ways.
  • FightinFinn187
    722 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    All i wanted was a good ol fashioned ww2 themed bf. Instead, I am looking at a hodgepodge of stolen "features" from other franchises. I dont want arma, squad, or fortnite in my bf. Especially the latter.
    Dont even get me started on the "customization" and lezbotron mk1.
    I will reserve final judgement for the beta... If there is one. But at this moment i am absolutely furious as to what i have been presented with, thus far.
    Ps. Y'all think the hate for snipers is bad now, just wait till this one, where every time you have to "interact" with something, you get your head ripped of by a sniper. I need heath... Boom! I need ammo... Boom! Ect.
  • Shadders_X
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Well good, those people can stay in BF4 or go play a different game. You accused DICE for copying CoD....well if this isn't clear proof they are being themselves then I don't know what is.

Cant have it both ways.
    Hi,
    Yes, they copied CoD in the past to increase the number of sales. They even stated that they were after CoD's revenue. Being similar to CoD now, does not mean i stated that BFV was copying COD now, just that they, DICE, have now changed BF so much, that the two games are near indiscernable with regards to mechanics.

VBALL_MVP, your sociopathic behaviour is still treating any opinion as a statement, and when you disagree with the opinion, you have to try and prove someones opinion is wrong. Try to let people have an opinion, and stop trying to prove an opinion wrong. Your persistent sociopathic behaviour is unhealthy.

I disagree with opinions on this forum, but it doesn't bother me, it is just an opinion.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I think some people were so excited about WW2 because they thought it would take Battlefield "back to its roots" and take the franchise back to the so-called "vets".

Well, I bet that trailer was a hard pill to swallow, even if it probably isn't representative of the actual game.

Well, my mum (who only has one hand) bought me BF1942, so this trailer really takes me back to the good old days.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Cant have it both ways.
    Hi,
    Yes, they copied CoD in the past to increase the number of sales. They even stated that they were after CoD's revenue. Being similar to CoD now, does not mean i stated that BFV was copying COD now, just that they, DICE, have now changed BF so much, that the two games are near indiscernable with regards to mechanics.

VBALL_MVP, your sociopathic behaviour is still treating any opinion as a statement, and when you disagree with the opinion, you have to try and prove someones opinion is wrong. Try to let people have an opinion, and stop trying to prove an opinion wrong. Your persistent sociopathic behaviour is unhealthy.

I disagree with opinions on this forum, but it doesn't bother me, it is just an opinion.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

I can agree or disagree with your statements if I want. You don't like it don't respond.

Again both sides put features in their games to appease customer demands. In the end a company doesn't stay in business by sticking to one thing, its to attract new players and increase the franchise. You don't get over 25million people buying BF1 cause they stuck to their tradition and built the game around "vets". Also CoD didn't "invent" the things you stated, they copied it from other games as well...so neither copied each other....they both copied from a different successful game.

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!

Waiting for you to regurgitate your same cut in paste response in 3....2.....1......
  • trip1ex
    4957 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    watch the trailer a few times on .25 speed. There is actually a lot of information in it. LIke a fine wine, it gets better with age. :)
    Post edited by trip1ex on
  • Shadders_X
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Cant have it both ways.
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

I can agree or disagree with your statements if I want. You don't like it don't respond.

Again both sides put features in their games to appease customers cause that is what they wanted and in the end a company doesn't stay in business by sticking to one thing. Also CoD didn't "invent" the things you stated, they copied it from other games as well...so neither copied each other....they both copied from a different successful game.

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!

Waiting for you to regurgitate your same cut in paste response in 3....2.....1......
    Hi,
    I never stated that CoD invented health regeneration. I said that DICE copied this from CoD in order to sell more games. Let's see what happens to the BFV game a year after it has been released to see what happens.

Again, VBALL_MVP your pathological behaviour is causing you to make statements about other peoples text which was never written. That is, you lie about what someone has said. VBALL_MVP your sociopathic condition is quite bad.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • Xx_Metedor_xX
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    S0noran wrote: »
    Cacildis mé de abelhis
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You will have more Hill humpers with that health system. Everyone will Camp more because they are to afraid to die.
  • VBALL_MVP
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Cant have it both ways.
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Again both sides put features in their games to appease customers cause that is what they wanted and in the end a company doesn't stay in business by sticking to one thing. Also CoD didn't "invent" the things you stated, they copied it from other games as well...so neither copied each other....they both copied from a different successful game.

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!

Hi,
    I never stated that CoD invented health regeneration. I said that DICE copied this from CoD in order to sell more games. Let's see what happens to the BFV game a year after it has been released to see what happens.

Again, VBALL_MVP your pathological behaviour is causing you to make statements about other peoples text which was never written. That is, you lie about what someone has said. VBALL_MVP your sociopathic condition is quite bad.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Actually I didn't lie. See your regurgitation of the same line and lack of comprehension got you in a pickle.

You brought up before that BF copied CoD in health regen, you brought up they copied CoD cover art. The problem is if CoD didn't invent it, how can BF be copying it from them? They are actually copying from the originators of these concepts so your statement that BF is copying CoD is invalid.

Here is your comment if you have forgotten already "EA/DICE have copied CoD to mimic its basic functions - self healing, lots of rewards/levels etc. They (EA/DICE) even stated they were going to take a large proportion of CoD sales - all attained by copying the CoD franchise. They even had the front graphic of the game DVD to look like a CoD game "
  • trip1ex
    4957 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    herodes87 wrote: »
    You will have more Hill humpers with that health system. Everyone will Camp more because they are to afraid to die.

everyone camps now and it's easy to duck behind cover as a hill humper and regen health and to keep hill humping.

I think not being able to regen health is going to result in fewer hill humpers at any one time.

• Shadders_X
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Cant have it both ways.
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!

Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Actually I didn't lie. See your regurgitation of the same line and lack of comprehension got you in a pickle.

You brought up before that BF copied CoD in health regen, you brought up they copied CoD cover art. The problem is if CoD didn't invent it, how can BF be copying it from them? They are actually copying from the originators of these concepts so your statement that BF is copying CoD is invalid.

Here is your comment if you have forgotten already "EA/DICE have copied CoD to mimic its basic functions - self healing, lots of rewards/levels etc. They (EA/DICE) even stated they were going to take a large proportion of CoD sales - all attained by copying the CoD franchise. They even had the front graphic of the game DVD to look like a CoD game "
    Hi,
    Yes - i still stand by my opinion. DICE copied the mechanics of CoD in order to compete with CoD. CoD were using health regeneration, BF were not. DICE/EA stated that they were going to compete with CoD, and introduced health regeneration.

DICE were innovative, but then began to copy their competitor to increase revenue. That is why so many people were angry about BF3 and the influx of CoD style players because of copying CoD mechanics.

You lie about what is written by others.

VBALL_MVP your sociopathic behaviour achieves nothing. You cannot prove someones opinion wrong, even if you lie, and take opinions out of context.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • Shadders_X
    Hi,
    I think that with health regeneration locations, people will be less inclined to play as a team. Camping is always a strategy as some classes are much more powerful than others, so open firefights will only happen with people with the most powerful classes.

I wonder if the auto aim, snapping etc., is in the new game ?

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi,
    I think that with health regeneration locations, people will be less inclined to play as a team. Camping is always a strategy as some classes are much more powerful than others, so open firefights will only happen with people with the most powerful classes.

I wonder if the auto aim, snapping etc., is in the new game ?

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

At least they would be camping the objectives, helping to defend them.

Sounds like a win-win to me.
  • Fleetwood1987
    417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well at least all you guys begging for no premium got your wish, thanks for ruining the longevity of the games life.

Anyone still play Battlefront 2 haha...

Don't get angry when it's only 8 maps and 3 are air maps, then 4 classes with 4 guns each.

But hey, maybe you can be a tomato man or something and build cool forts like that other game you kids play!
This discussion has been closed.