Battlefield 2018

Comments

• Turban_Legend80
    4710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    alucardgr wrote: »
    'a short story'

Battlefield 1942 : i was student without internet connection but while i was playing it via LAN with my friends was REALLY REALLY exciting.You was able to see the potential of that game(we was playing COD1 most of the time)

Battlefield 2.:Playing online for the first time i was shocked of how amzing that game was(and 1000times deeper gameplay than cod

Bad company 2: They add an amazing destruction engine and the amazing new graphics and some new gadgets= EPIC

Battlefield 3: EPIC x3 ....Bigger maps-more vehicles and gadgets.....reminds me a remastered BF2

Battlefield 4: My favourite game EVER! even from E3 trailer i coulndt wait to play it(new gadgets-vehicles-ELEVATORS!- epic jumps from high buildings-Levolution-deepest gameplay ever!

Battlefield 1: The worst Battlefield experience so far.... Less Vehicles less gadgets...less everything!!!
    Every previous BF game had a simular feeling...Bf1 have different fast animations and a flat boring gameplay....even classes are different....even hardcore mode are different(and im big fan of hardcore)....Vehicles that appears to help losing team!!
    wtf......fcourse if you compare Bf1 to any COD game is still great but i need the EPIC fun back

I don't think you would have a valid opinion because you considered BF4 to be the best battlefield when it had the worst launch ever and still has issues to this day. BF1 and Hardline took battlefield in a different direction it's not worse because of it. Closed minded players like yourself are the reason Hardline failed even though it was incredibly fun and a huge step away from a mil-sim. I hope battlefield 5 does things differently and not be BF3 3.0 like BF4.
    I don't think you have a valid opinion because you dont consider BF4 to be the best.

See what I did there? That's right, I made a stupid assumption based on somebody else's opinion that I dont agree with.

And who's really being close minded here? The guy that gave reasons for why he liked a game? Or the guy who cant see past a bad launch from nearly four years ago that thinks that has any effect on how the game plays today?

It's not the best but it's not terrible. Majority of BF4 maps are laughably designed 85% of the base maps are horrible. They dedicated a DLC to paying homage to BF3 which is lazy design and ironic because BF3 is a better game. PDWs can be tapfired and have the same effective range as carbines and assault rifles. The automatic weapons besides the LMGs are all balanced with almost the same damage models and stat lines. Making for lackluster combat. With all the weapons in the world they keep bringing back the same ones from previous battlefields. All class weapons destroy class balance simple as that. You might as well not even have classes. I get it you are a fanboy, but these are legitimate criticisms of a game sorry to destroy your bubble. BF4 will always be a fun and interesting game to play but with all these issues it will never be the best in MY OPINION.

I completely agree about the vanilla BF4 maps. They seem to be designed specifically for Conquest, with Rush just being an afterthought.
    Many BF3 maps were great for all gamemodes.
    It took me a long time to properly get into BF4, mainly because of the vanilla maps. And I didnt buy the game until 6 months after release because of the poor state of the game at launch. Is that something a fanboy would do?

BF4 does have some great DLC maps however.

And BF3 also devoted a whole DLC to maps from previous games (back to karland DLC).

Yes tap firing a pdw can let you hit targets that are more at carbine/assault rifle range, but if two people of equal skill have a gunfight at assault rifle range, the pdw user will lose 100% of the time due to damage drop off at that distance.
    The damage models are not nearly identical across all weapon types. That claim of yours is simply not true.

BF4 actually has the best weapon balance of any game I have played.
    Leagues beyond the weapon balance of BF1.

I am neither a fanboy or living in a bubble. I call things as they are, and use my own opinion when I need to.
  • bran1986
    5827 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    koweratus wrote: »
    Well you said everything that I wanted to say, but DICE pls dont do casual BF EVER AGAIN!

Battlefield has been casual since Bad Company.
  • Amphybiouse
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    'a short story'

Battlefield 1942 : i was student without internet connection but while i was playing it via LAN with my friends was REALLY REALLY exciting.You was able to see the potential of that game(we was playing COD1 most of the time)

Battlefield 2.:Playing online for the first time i was shocked of how amzing that game was(and 1000times deeper gameplay than cod

Bad company 2: They add an amazing destruction engine and the amazing new graphics and some new gadgets= EPIC

Battlefield 3: EPIC x3 ....Bigger maps-more vehicles and gadgets.....reminds me a remastered BF2

Battlefield 4: My favourite game EVER! even from E3 trailer i coulndt wait to play it(new gadgets-vehicles-ELEVATORS!- epic jumps from high buildings-Levolution-deepest gameplay ever!

Battlefield 1: The worst Battlefield experience so far.... Less Vehicles less gadgets...less everything!!!
    Every previous BF game had a simular feeling...Bf1 have different fast animations and a flat boring gameplay....even classes are different....even hardcore mode are different(and im big fan of hardcore)....Vehicles that appears to help losing team!!
    wtf......fcourse if you compare Bf1 to any COD game is still great but i need the EPIC fun back

I don't think you would have a valid opinion because you considered BF4 to be the best battlefield when it had the worst launch ever and still has issues to this day. BF1 and Hardline took battlefield in a different direction it's not worse because of it. Closed minded players like yourself are the reason Hardline failed even though it was incredibly fun and a huge step away from a mil-sim. I hope battlefield 5 does things differently and not be BF3 3.0 like BF4.
    I don't think you have a valid opinion because you dont consider BF4 to be the best.

See what I did there? That's right, I made a stupid assumption based on somebody else's opinion that I dont agree with.

And who's really being close minded here? The guy that gave reasons for why he liked a game? Or the guy who cant see past a bad launch from nearly four years ago that thinks that has any effect on how the game plays today?

It's not the best but it's not terrible. Majority of BF4 maps are laughably designed 85% of the base maps are horrible. They dedicated a DLC to paying homage to BF3 which is lazy design and ironic because BF3 is a better game. PDWs can be tapfired and have the same effective range as carbines and assault rifles. The automatic weapons besides the LMGs are all balanced with almost the same damage models and stat lines. Making for lackluster combat. With all the weapons in the world they keep bringing back the same ones from previous battlefields. All class weapons destroy class balance simple as that. You might as well not even have classes. I get it you are a fanboy, but these are legitimate criticisms of a game sorry to destroy your bubble. BF4 will always be a fun and interesting game to play but with all these issues it will never be the best in MY OPINION.

I partially agree about the maps not being great. Everything else you've said is either untrue or simply wrong, just like your opinion
  • Crimson-Knight-1
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    The next BF game should be made of Lego - loads of computer games based on Lego.

Reason - all the under age players can play it - dad can I have a go on that great game, son are you 18, no. So go back to your Lego batman.

• Turban_Legend80
    4710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    The next BF game should be made of Lego - loads of computer games based on Lego.

Reason - all the under age players can play it - dad can I have a go on that great game, son are you 18, no. So go back to your Lego batman.

LegoMinecraft
  • V2Face
    2680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    'a short story'

I partially agree about the maps not being great. Everything else you've said is either untrue or simply wrong, just like your opinion

I'm not going to argue with someone who only owns BF4 as their only primary experience with battlefield. Your opinion would be biased so your input is moot.
  • zwolseballetjes
    849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why Dice is allready talking about the new Battlefield 2018?????? BF1 is not even 1 year old and they also must release 3 DLC for the this game. Maybe the game do not meet expectations like the amount of players. EA sold 21 million copys of this game but every week there are less players. So i think something is not right about this numbers. I think Dice give up hope for this game which is full of bugs and problems which Dice hard can handle.So they not want to spend to much time on this game and want to focus on the Battlefield 2018. I realy like this game but the bugs and problems and all those cheaters make this game a big failure.
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why Dice is allready talking about the new Battlefield 2018?????? BF1 is not even 1 year old and they also must release 3 DLC for the this game. Maybe the game do not meet expectations like the amount of players. EA sold 21 million copys of this game but every week there are less players. So i think something is not right about this numbers. I think Dice give up hope for this game which is full of bugs and problems which Dice hard can handle.So they not want to spend to much time on this game and want to focus on the Battlefield 2018. I realy like this game but the bugs and problems and all those cheaters make this game a big failure.

It's how development works. If they want to release another Battlefield game in December 2018 they will have already started working on it. Discussions about what the setting should be are moot because the decision was made a year ago. There is a reason DICE has more than one studio location. They work on more than one project at a time.
  • SuperReds1892
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I wasn't keen on the ww1 setting I'll admit, but the thought of going back to lock ons depresses me to be honest. If the setting is modern again I may just give the next one a miss. ww2 I'm hoping for.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They have to tell the shareholders what their future plans are.
  • BigF33t_13
    6766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think (and DICE hinted at it), that you may be looking at 2019. I wouldn't mind seeing Vietnam or Korea. I don't think Korea's been done by anyone before. But the theater was rather small, so who knows if they could really do anything with it.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Like one of these a week now..
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They have to tell the shareholders what their future plans are.

All they really have to say is they are working on X number of products to be released in the next timeframe of years. They don't have to reveal anything like the setting of the game or the exact release date.
  • UglyNoah
    1244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't mind even waiting till 2020 in hopes they take more time doing the best work they can on bf1 before they start on a whole new game
  • BigWoofWoof
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    WW2 or Vietnam, if they jump forward to 2050, I 100% won't be buying it, plus, the last DLC won't be released until March next year, give or take...I'm happy to stick with BF1, PUBG is also out in the fall.
  • UglyNoah
    1244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    2050 I might buy depending. Current/future guns we haven't seen yet would be cool but if there's flying on walls I'm OUT
  • A_Cool_Gorilla
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    UglyNoah wrote: »
    2050 I might buy depending. Current/future guns we haven't seen yet would be cool but if there's flying on walls I'm OUT

What about 2142 mechs, that can run on walls?
  • alucardgr
    390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The only thing i hope is that COD players will go back to COD now that there will be WW2 theme.
  • blair154224
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i think if they went the ww2 route it could be interesting as although cod is doing it this year, cod's no match for battlefield, the players and immense look of the battles will surely attract a lot of attention, but in saying that battlefield 1 is a ww2 game with a ww1 skin
  • EdwinSpangler
    1823 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    I bet theyre waiting for CoDww2 to turn into old news. Then theyll make their own BF ww2 game, steal the market for ww2.. Just my barely awake half baked idea..
This discussion has been closed.