Battlefield 2018

Comments

• Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    Personally, I'd like either WW2 or modern warfare in the next Battlefield.

COD WW2 looks like garbage to me, but I've been enjoying the nostalgia that comes along with playing the COD4 remaster though. I just love using my little Scorpion SMG again so much lol. Although the COD community is a lot more cancerous than I remember it being back when COD4 was in its prime.
  • V2Face
    2680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    Can you and others like you stop posting the same posts about battlefield 2018 in the battlefield 1 section this is an off topic post keep it there.
  • SuperReds1892
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    Can you and others like you stop posting the same posts about battlefield 2018 in the battlefield 1 section this is an off topic post keep it there.

Agreed though you should prob stop team switching for the win too.
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3884 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Thread moved to Off-Topic area and will likely be merged in to an ongoing thread regarding the same topic.

-CB
  • disposalist
    8746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    OP: I couldn't disagree more, respectfully (since it's a totally subjective thing).

I think DICE have done an amazing job of capturing the chaotic and devastating atmosphere of WW1. I almost feel guilty enjoying it sometimes. I went back and watched some of the cinematics from the single player the other day. Goosebumps.

The modern warfare games were getting more and more familiar and boring for me. The high tech was also less and less of a challenge - all guns having laser accuracy and infra-red sights, etc. Even 80s/90s weaponry is 'modern' enough to be so effective that the need for basic tactics is reduced.

The WW1 era enabled DICE to take the shooter back to basics in many ways - they stretched reality in order to make it 'a fun game' but still kept it feeling gritty and exciting and had an excuse to re-write gunplay (and did a good job).

I've played BF since 1942 and love every one, but love BF1 the most. I will be really torn if they go back to modern warfare. As much as WW2 has been done many times, a BF1-style treatment of WW2 would be impressive.
  • SuperReds1892
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    OP: I couldn't disagree more, respectfully (since it's a totally subjective thing).

I think DICE have done an amazing job of capturing the chaotic and devastating atmosphere of WW1. I almost feel guilty enjoying it sometimes. I went back and watched some of the cinematics from the single player the other day. Goosebumps.

The modern warfare games were getting more and more familiar and boring for me. The high tech was also less and less of a challenge - all guns having laser accuracy and infra-red sights, etc. Even 80s/90s weaponry is 'modern' enough to be so effective that the need for basic tactics is reduced.

The WW1 era enabled DICE to take the shooter back to basics in many ways - they stretched reality in order to make it 'a fun game' but still kept it feeling gritty and exciting and had an excuse to re-write gunplay (and did a good job).

I've played BF since 1942 and love every one, but love BF1 the most. I will be really torn if they go back to modern warfare. As much as WW2 has been done many times, a BF1-style treatment of WW2 would be impressive.

I can agree with this wholeheartedly. I used to love the modern setting and as a result refrained from buying BF1 for the first month, I just couldn't get with it at all. BF1 has broken the mold completely and emerged as my favourite of the series, joint with bf3 of course.

BF1 is different, no longer is the winner of every gunfight the assault rifle with the highest rpm. Now you're forced to rely on other things to come out on top, situational awareness, map knowledge, sight and even sound play a massive part in how you will perform in a match. The absence of lock on weapons forces players to attack armoured targets as a team, not stand on a hill with a javelin squad. I could go on and on but I think your on my wavelength, a return to a modern theatre would be a step backward in my opinion.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Whatever they do, my preference is that they stay away from the modern shooter - BF3 and BF4 really beat that horse to death.

I'd also like to see them re-think a large-scale WW2 shooter.

I also would be curious to see how DICE would handle a near-future shooter as well. I know CoD and others have really killed that genre, but we really haven't had a large scale near-future shooter recently and I don't think DICE's shooters are anything like the others on the market, so I wouldn't write it off immediately if that's the route they go.
  • Vespervin
    1355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mix BF4's balance with the map design of BF3, ensure a smooth launch, reduce the amount of weapon attachments that do the same thing (but keep the same sort of customisation) and you get the BF5 that I would like.

If the game feels more like BF1/battlefront than BF3/BF4, then I wont be buying it.

I feel the exact same.
  • alucardgr
    390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I always post for the things made me stop playing BF1 but here is the summary

1.boring flat maps (no high buldings no levolution no big destructions no vertical battles)
    2.Less vehicles and no fun at all
    3.Less weapons & gadgets =less diversity= less personal gameplay styles
    4.movements are faster than bf2+ bf3+bf4(its like battlefront now)
    5.Destroyed hardcore mode(u cant see where your teammates are anymore)
    6.annoying q chat mode(needs 2 clicks now)
    7.colors of shadows are mesh
    8.vehicles that appears to help losing team(stupidest idea ever)
    9.classes are mesh. Completelly different from BF2-BF3-BF4(elite classes :P)
    10.No more Battlelog
    11. Worst Rent a server system EVER=
    11b Cheaters everywhere
    12. Annoying screens when you open battlepacks(ridiculous)
    13. You cant choose your class while in vehicle
    14.No fun parachute for everyone
    15.artillery/mortar shots makes the camera go in the sky(like there is cameras on bullets :P)
    16.Normal mode lmgs waterpistols.
    17. Repairing vehicles from inside...WTF= less teamwork needed(even planes repairing on the air from pilot !! :P)
    17b No need for a driver to get out of tank to repair it= no chance for a sneaky player to steal one =less diversity in
    gameplay....again
    i love this franshise from young so i dont want it to die.... i prey for next bf game to return to root of the serie with a modern combat game(no futuristic)
  • OprahSpreadEagle
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    alucardgr wrote: »
    The only thing i hope is that COD players will go back to COD now that there will be WW2 theme.

I play both the Battlefield games and the CoD games. I don't understand this mentality that you have to choose one over the other. Why does it matter what I play?
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 2017
    The only thing i hope is that COD players will go back to COD now that there will be WW2 theme.

I play both the Battlefield games and the CoD games. I don't understand this mentality that you have to choose one over the other. Why does it matter what I play?
    Hi,
    The approach from CoD players is to play as if every game is team death match. There is no semblance of team work. Obvious ones are no ammo being supplied, no revives, no health etc. On maps, there is a swarm of players - and every other approach is ignored, and the team persistently gets flanks and attacked from the rear. You would think that after being flanked a few times, the "team" on conquest would realise that perhaps they need to split up into groups and protect each paths as an example (of course, i am talking about Locker). But no, the "team" just wants to swarm.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • OprahSpreadEagle
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    and? I can play both and have fun at both. I don't see your point and how it pertains to anything I said.
  • wsupchris1222444
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I always post for the things made me stop playing BF1 but here is the summary

1.boring flat maps (no high buldings no levolution no big destructions no vertical battles)
    2.Less vehicles and no fun at all
    3.Less weapons & gadgets =less diversity= less personal gameplay styles
    4.movements are faster than bf2+ bf3+bf4(its like battlefront now)
    5.Destroyed hardcore mode(u cant see where your teammates are anymore)
    6.annoying q chat mode(needs 2 clicks now)
    7.colors of shadows are mesh
    8.vehicles that appears to help losing team(stupidest idea ever)
    9.classes are mesh. Completelly different from BF2-BF3-BF4(elite classes :P)
    10.No more Battlelog
    11. Worst Rent a server system EVER=
    11b Cheaters everywhere
    12. Annoying screens when you open battlepacks(ridiculous)
    13. You cant choose your class while in vehicle
    14.No fun parachute for everyone
    15.artillery/mortar shots makes the camera go in the sky(like there is cameras on bullets :P)
    16.Normal mode lmgs waterpistols.
    17. Repairing vehicles from inside...WTF= less teamwork needed(even planes repairing on the air from pilot !! :P)
    17b No need for a driver to get out of tank to repair it= no chance for a sneaky player to steal one =less diversity in
    gameplay....again
    i love this franshise from young so i dont want it to die.... i prey for next bf game to return to root of the serie with a modern combat game(no futuristic)

I agree, I was taking notes one the ways the game was bad, filled a page and a half, then when I went to go make a major thread on how the game isn't fun and sucks I was banned for a month for calling a furry by a name that is considered hate speech. Then the game got a bunch of updates and I didn't feel like making that thread anymore, because I would have to play the game again which really just agitates me to play.
  • Shadders_X
    and? I can play both and have fun at both. I don't see your point and how it pertains to anything I said.
    Hi,
    It is not about choosing one or the other. It is that Battlefield players who played from very early in the franchise, do not like the CoD players playing the game as if it is team death match.
    So, if you play Battlefield with a team approach, then ok, but if someone just plays BF like they do CoD team death match, when playing BF Conquest, then this makes the game un-enjoyable for others.
    So if you want to run around, bunny hopping, with aim assist, not playing the objective as a team, with strategy in mind, don't play Battlefield.
    People have turned BF into CoD with big maps.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • OprahSpreadEagle
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    Hi,
    It is not about choosing one or the other. It is that Battlefield players who played from very early in the franchise, do not like the CoD players playing the game as if it is team death match.
    So, if you play Battlefield with a team approach, then ok, but if someone just plays BF like they do CoD team death match, when playing BF Conquest, then this makes the game un-enjoyable for others.
    So if you want to run around, bunny hopping, with aim assist, not playing the objective as a team, with strategy in mind, don't play Battlefield.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

I have played both franchises since the beginning and I enjoy them both. I don't see how I need you or anyone else's approval of my playstyle. I really don't understand how buying more games makes you any kind of authority on anyone else's conduct. I play and have fun no matter what the team does, isn't the game about having fun anyways? If I were to venture a guess about anything ruining the Battlefield series it would be the neverend bugs or maybe the lag but other players who play CoD too, not even close to the top of the list.
  • Shadders_X
    edited August 2017
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

I have played both franchises since the beginning and I enjoy them both. I don't see how I need you or anyone else's approval of my playstyle. I really don't understand how buying more games makes you any kind of authority on anyone else's conduct. I play and have fun no matter what the team does, isn't the game about having fun anyways? If I were to venture a guess about anything ruining the Battlefield series it would be the neverend bugs or maybe the lag but other players who play CoD too, not even close to the top of the list.
    Hi,
    You asked for an opinion/explanation, and you got it.
    How you play is up to you, but don't then question others statement about CoD style gameplay in BF. I checked the thread, and no one challenged you about your gameplay, as you have volunteered your opinion.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • Green_Scar-H
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I also think that next bf should be modern combat. But I would like more a upgrade from bf3. I just think Bf3 is far better than Bf4. It has better maps and vastly better gunplay than 4. Everything feels better in bf3 than in Bf4. But I still like Bf4 a lot and that is just my opinion.
    Sorry about my bad english in advance...
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Calling someone out as a "COD fanboy" just because they like a new feature in the game and you don't doesn't elevate anyone's Battlefield status within the community. Any vet who thinks it does need to get over themselves.
  • OprahSpreadEagle
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    How you play is up to you, but don't then question others statement about CoD style gameplay in BF. I checked the thread, and no one challenged you about your gameplay, as you have volunteered your opinion.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

I am totally questioning others statements about CoD style game play in BF. How do you know a player's history or game preferences. Just seems to me that when someone doesn't play like you think they should you guys throw out the CoD insult as a blanket statement.
  • Vespervin
    1355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

I am totally questioning others statements about CoD style game play in BF. How do you know a player's history or game preferences. Just seems to me that when someone doesn't play like you think they should you guys throw out the CoD insult as a blanket statement.

That's exactly what it is, a blanket statement.
This discussion has been closed.