Battlefield 2018

Comments

• alucardgr
    387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    its not bad someone to love both games...but is bad Battlefield franchise to try to be COD.
    Battlefield was always about Conquest. In time they added teamdeathmatch-domination and other COD style modes...even ESL with stupid rules have more domination leagues than CQ large cause its more easy to participate but thats not the point.

Battlefield is about 50%vehicle and 50% infantry battle but with BF1 is like 80%infantry with much less diversity than previous BF games.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Vespervin wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    and? I can play both and have fun at both. I don't see your point and how it pertains to anything I said.
    Hi,
    It is not about choosing one or the other. It is that Battlefield players who played from very early in the franchise, do not like the CoD players playing the game as if it is team death match.
    So, if you play Battlefield with a team approach, then ok, but if someone just plays BF like they do CoD team death match, when playing BF Conquest, then this makes the game un-enjoyable for others.
    So if you want to run around, bunny hopping, with aim assist, not playing the objective as a team, with strategy in mind, don't play Battlefield.
    People have turned BF into CoD with big maps.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

I have played both franchises since the beginning and I enjoy them both. I don't see how I need you or anyone else's approval of my playstyle. I really don't understand how buying more games makes you any kind of authority on anyone else's conduct. I play and have fun no matter what the team does, isn't the game about having fun anyways? If I were to venture a guess about anything ruining the Battlefield series it would be the neverend bugs or maybe the lag but other players who play CoD too, not even close to the top of the list.
    Hi,
    You asked for an opinion/explanation, and you got it.
    How you play is up to you, but don't then question others statement about CoD style gameplay in BF. I checked the thread, and no one challenged you about your gameplay, as you have volunteered your opinion.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

I am totally questioning others statements about CoD style game play in BF. How do you know a player's history or game preferences. Just seems to me that when someone doesn't play like you think they should you guys throw out the CoD insult as a blanket statement.

That's exactly what it is, a blanket statement.
    Hi,
    I agree it is a blanket statement. Then again, BF Conquest is about teamwork, and this never has happened in CoD for the most popular modes - no open comms talk helping one another.
    Who cares what you call it - no teamwork in BF Conquest makes for bad game.
    Ask yourself this - why join a Conquest match if the person has no intention of teamworking, or playing the objective, and wants to play like teamdeath match ?
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • Axlerod1
    1382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't really care if dice does another WW2, or modern or even 2142 setting again.
    What I do care about is the RSP side of things. This was poorly done. DICE really needs to focus a lot more on this and a secondary anti-cheat system.

The lack of these 2 features is what is killing BF1. The graphics and audio in BF1 is stunning. To bad it was ruined by the weak infrastructure for the game.
  • bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OP: I couldn't disagree more, respectfully (since it's a totally subjective thing).

I think DICE have done an amazing job of capturing the chaotic and devastating atmosphere of WW1. I almost feel guilty enjoying it sometimes. I went back and watched some of the cinematics from the single player the other day. Goosebumps.

The modern warfare games were getting more and more familiar and boring for me. The high tech was also less and less of a challenge - all guns having laser accuracy and infra-red sights, etc. Even 80s/90s weaponry is 'modern' enough to be so effective that the need for basic tactics is reduced.

The WW1 era enabled DICE to take the shooter back to basics in many ways - they stretched reality in order to make it 'a fun game' but still kept it feeling gritty and exciting and had an excuse to re-write gunplay (and did a good job).

I've played BF since 1942 and love every one, but love BF1 the most. I will be really torn if they go back to modern warfare. As much as WW2 has been done many times, a BF1-style treatment of WW2 would be impressive.

I feel the same way 100%. After Battlefield 4 I didn't even know if I was going to play the next game in the franchise. I didn't find the game all that fun or interesting, Battlefield 1 has breathed fresh life into the franchise for me, I played BF4 for about 100 hours, i'm almost 800 hours into BF1. The gunplay in BF1 brings more to the table for skill, skill isn't just microbursting or tap firing anymore, you have to position yourself and use map knowledge to get an advantage on an enemy.

If Battlefield goes back to modern times, I hope they learned their lesson with BF4 and remove the crazy bloat from the game, and learn to balance the game so there is something for everyone. I will try the beta of the new Battlefield and if it is anything like BF1, I will buy it, if it is anything like BF4 I will just stay with BF1.
  • BoWinston
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WWII or Korean War
  • Vespervin
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll leave it their with my ideas but I'd love to hear what ideas people here on Battlelog might have. Should they follow the footsteps of BF1 or go back to BF4 style classes and weapon loadouts?

I hope that the next Battlefield game is set during WWII and I hope it is more like Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 and less like Battlefield 1. I've wanted a full-blown Battlefield game set during WWII ever since Battlefield 3 came out.

Let's go down memory lane to Battlefield 1942, think of the maps in that game. Imagine maps like Berlin, Guadalcanal, Invasion of the Philippines, Battle of the Bulge, Omaha Beach, Operation Market Garden, etc. running on the Frostbite engine. It would be amazing.
  • Blazcowitz43
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vespervin wrote: »
    I'll leave it their with my ideas but I'd love to hear what ideas people here on Battlelog might have. Should they follow the footsteps of BF1 or go back to BF4 style classes and weapon loadouts?

I hope that the next Battlefield game is set during WWII and I hope it is more like Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 and less like Battlefield 1. I've wanted a full-blown Battlefield game set during WWII ever since Battlefield 3 came out.

Let's go down memory lane to Battlefield 1942, think of the maps in that game. Imagine maps like Berlin, Guadalcanal, Invasion of the Philippines, Battle of the Bulge, Omaha Beach, Operation Market Garden, etc. running on the Frostbite engine. It would be amazing.

I do hope that it would involve the European and the Pacific theater. I was abit dissapointed to see the COD WWII was only going to be set in Europe. The pacific theater is way underdone.

• CepaAndaluza
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited August 2017
    I want to play as Adolf himself
  • BaronVonGoon
    6955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    Not sure when it became 'fairly likely'. I think it's possible but I wouldn't say it's more than 50-50. Been there done that, COD is back to it and alot of indy games are WW2 right now. WW1 was out of no where so I wouldn't be shocked if Dice pulls something none of us expect. One thing is for sure, devs are creative people and don't like the rinse and repeat mentality they like to innovate and create.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So much weapins dice can use, its not even funny..
    I'm talking BF4 weapons amd attachments again (which is a good thing!) ;)
  • CrazyGI1998
    281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally, I think that if they're doing WWII, the assault class should have semi-auto rifles and medics should have SMGs and carbines. Or maybe they can go back to the old class system. Also, if they do WWII, I'll be excited to use the M1 Garand. Also, yes to the tanks. I love Shermans.
  • Vespervin
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally, I think that if they're doing WWII, the assault class should have semi-auto rifles and medics should have SMGs and carbines. Or maybe they can go back to the old class system. Also, if they do WWII, I'll be excited to use the M1 Garand. Also, yes to the tanks. I love Shermans.

Shermans, Panzers and Tigers, T-34s... Yes please!
  • Chrono_ZX1
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Vickers & Armstrong Pedersen (British Pedersen)
    3657.jpg?mt=5817d166

Chiang kai shek Rifle (Type 24 Zhongzheng)
    Chinese-Mauser-Type-Zhongzheng-sides.jpg
  • solid_snake3900
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    They should put in a bootcamp you have to pass before you can play multiplayer. The bootcamp will explain all the different game modes, weapons, vehicles, loadouts, and more. This will help players who are new to the battlefield series, and cut down on the amount of noobs. Let me hear your thoughts
  • wsupchris1222444
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Now would be the time to start talking about it since they start development on it around this time. Hopefully I am not late to the party.

I think the next battlefield should be set in the cold war era. The technology around this time would be great for a battlefield game because there was a variety of weapons and vehicles to use along with gadgets unlike ww1. Setting the game in this timezone would be very interesting to play and would have a ton more variety than Battlefield 1. Also trying for a ww2 game would maybe not go well since call of duty is already doing that. The campaign would have some good material, could try and go for what the original cod black ops did (obviously not follow the same story).

What are your thoughts?
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can this be the unofficial thread?
  • DerLokator
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 2017
    ppeterhermanrud.jpg
    Look on http://peterhermanrud.com/portfolio.html

This guy made weapon designs for BF1 and he also posted there a design of the PPSh-41
    Maybe this gives us hope for a WW2 game?
  • DerLokator
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 2017
    ppeterhermanrud.jpg

Peter Olofsson Hermanrud, Lead Weapon Artist of Dice, has this carreer Website http://peterhermanrud.com/portfolio.html.
    There are BF1, BF4 weapons and a PPSh-41, Russian WW2 submachine gun.
    Why he should make a BF Design for a PPSh-41, if it was not for the game?

Maybe this is an indicator, I hope a leak, that we will get sth like

Battlefield WW2!

What do you think?
    Post edited by DerLokator on
  • Chrono_ZX1
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SLEM-1
    SLEM1024-SAI-05-002.png
  • wert718
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 2017
    It would be interesting to have a war game from that period, since so much new tech was worked on by both the USA and the USSR in order to gain minuscule advantages, despite most of it never being used. It'd basically be like a futuristic shooter, considering how many inventions never saw the light of day, for obvious reasons.
This discussion has been closed.