Battlefield 2018

Comments

• Tovarisch_Maxim
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    If they want to put it into the next game, fine, I'd probably not play it much. But, if the normal BF experience dies out or suffers because of it, I won't be happy.

I don't care how popular pubg and fortnite are, I want to play Battlefield.

So is that what battle royale is? I mean would it be like pubg? I'm not really fond of the type of game. Tried it at a friends house. Not for me.

Yeah, a single life, massive map shooter, last guy alive wins.

Yes, this. If you die first, you have to spectate for the whole game if you want to continue playing, me personaly, dont see this enjoyable at all.
  • LieutenantVixen
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If they want to put it into the next game, fine, I'd probably not play it much. But, if the normal BF experience dies out or suffers because of it, I won't be happy.

So is that what battle royale is? I mean would it be like pubg? I'm not really fond of the type of game. Tried it at a friends house. Not for me.
    Battle Royale is just good ol' Deathmatch without respawns.

I'm not good enough to ever actually win BR games outside of the occasional fluke, or any Deathmatch shooter for that matter. So I prefer team games like Battlefield.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would be fine with a BR mode provided we still have the mainstay game modes (eg Conquest, Rush, TDM, etc...)
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Battle Royale is just good ol' Deathmatch without respawns.

I'm not good enough to ever actually win BR games outside of the occasional fluke, or any Deathmatch shooter for that matter. So I prefer team games like Battlefield.

i think a Squad Deathmatch with no respawns will be the smallest they will(should) make it
    i would play it (not all the time)
    a TDM without respawning would work well

but not a BR where a the map doesn't shrink is the worst i want
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Really impressed how an entire studio of 640 employees is able to keep a secret for so long. Every office has its rotten employees yet Dice has been able to keep the title under wraps completely. I suspect a bonus package to all employees if theyre able to keep it secret and zero bonus to all if the title is leaked.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    Blackidus wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    BF2018 should use the graphical style of BF1942. But the animations should be modernized. The tick rate and network code should also be modernized. It should run at 60 fps minimum in the biggest battles.

As much as I wanted ww2 ...not feeling it after having bf1. Too similar. Although I guess tanks and planes would be quite a bit different. But I'm just afraid they would cheap out and give us everything else the same so it would feel like bf1 but with ww2 tanks and planes.

And yeah the WW2 era seems the most likely for Dice to do next, it would be the most cheapest and productive way to go. Most of the assets from BF1 can be reused as they are from almost the same era and areas. But they will probably tweak textures and modify the models a little bit.
    Hi,
    Hmmm, so what are the odds that DICE/EA will reuse the code for BF1 and if you purchase BF V, it will work (campaign & online) from day 1 ???
    Or what are the odds that BF V will require at least 1 years of updates for bugs and netcode issues ?
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Well BF1 had one of the most stable launches of any later Battlefield games so?
    They learned from their mistakes from BF4 and will most likely learn from BF1.
    And by the way i´m not talkning about code here, code will allways change and be uppdated from game to game i´m talking about the visuals like props, weaponds, sounds and textures.
    Hi,
    I never bought BF1 - so i would not know what to expect if BF V was based on BF1. All i know is that the netcode issues were so bad for BF3 and BF4 at launch for over a year - so i expect the same for BF V.
    Even if BF1 was ok at release - i never saw DICE/EA reusing code to ensure that BF3, BF4 was relatively bug free at launch. It is just not in their DNA to achieve this.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

You never saw the code so you don't know what they reused or not.

For a person who never purchased BF1 you sure have a lot of opinions on it based on no experience whatsoever.
    Hi,
    I made no comment on BF1.
    I made comments based BF3/BF4 and on my purchasing/experience of those games.
    Please try and read what is written.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF2018 should use the graphical style of BF1942. But the animations should be modernized. The tick rate and network code should also be modernized. It should run at 60 fps minimum in the biggest battles.

As much as I wanted ww2 ...not feeling it after having bf1. Too similar. Although I guess tanks and planes would be quite a bit different. But I'm just afraid they would cheap out and give us everything else the same so it would feel like bf1 but with ww2 tanks and planes.

And yeah the WW2 era seems the most likely for Dice to do next, it would be the most cheapest and productive way to go. Most of the assets from BF1 can be reused as they are from almost the same era and areas. But they will probably tweak textures and modify the models a little bit.
    Hi,
    Hmmm, so what are the odds that DICE/EA will reuse the code for BF1 and if you purchase BF V, it will work (campaign & online) from day 1 ???
    Or what are the odds that BF V will require at least 1 years of updates for bugs and netcode issues ?
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

And by the way i´m not talkning about code here, code will allways change and be uppdated from game to game i´m talking about the visuals like props, weaponds, sounds and textures.
    Hi,
    I never bought BF1 - so i would not know what to expect if BF V was based on BF1. All i know is that the netcode issues were so bad for BF3 and BF4 at launch for over a year - so i expect the same for BF V.
    Even if BF1 was ok at release - i never saw DICE/EA reusing code to ensure that BF3, BF4 was relatively bug free at launch. It is just not in their DNA to achieve this.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

For a person who never purchased BF1 you sure have a lot of opinions on it based on no experience whatsoever.
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

No actually you need to read your own posts cause you were really quick to judge about bullet deviation and continuous sloppy launches yet again no experience in the last two launches nor played the game to even comment on random bullet deviation.

So yeah....you have
  • mojoeuk
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I so agree that a battlefield game with royale theme will ruined the game I like teamwork and that belongs to BF franchise. Play PUBG for that mode if folk want that type of game play.
  • Shadders_X

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

No actually you need to read your own posts cause you were really quick to judge about bullet deviation and continuous sloppy launches yet again no experience in the last two launches nor played the game to even comment on random bullet deviation.

So yeah....you have
    Hi,
    I stated my experience was on BF3/BF4, not BF1. Please read what is written.
    BF3 had multiple issues, and BF4 had multiple issues for over 1 year (https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-19-ea-addresses-unacceptable-battlefield-4-launch).
    As per the bullet deviation, and snap to target, auto aim - still is a conflict of programming - one promotes accuracy and the other two degrade accuracy - they are multiple algorithms oppose one another. Bad logic.
    BF1 had launch issues - you can google them if you so wish. (https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/10/24/battlefield-1-patch-1-02-changelog/). Not a perfect launch for BF1.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

So yeah....you have
    Hi,
    BF3 had multiple issues, and BF4 had multiple issues for over 1 year (https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-19-ea-addresses-unacceptable-battlefield-4-launch).
    As per the bullet deviation, and snap to target, auto aim - still is a conflict of programming - one promotes accuracy and the other two degrade accuracy - they are multiple algorithms oppose one another. Bad logic.
    BF1 had launch issues - you can google them if you so wish. (https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/10/24/battlefield-1-patch-1-02-changelog/). Not a perfect launch for BF1.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Again you are commenting and judging on things you have no clue about. You conclusions on bullet deviation is irrelevant and invalid cause you have not played BF1 and have no clue how it affects the game or what it does...its like you giving a rating on a food dish you never tried.

Same with launch...again you never played either hardline or Bf1 so again you can't even remotely comment on how things improved or not since you didn't play at launch....again laughable.

Again you comment on multiple algorithms that oppose each other...how do you know they oppose...you don't because you have no clue since you never played.

Im not saying that BF has opposing mechanics but if they did that doesnt have to be a bad thing. Gravity and normal force are things that oppose each other as well....yet if we didn't have them both we would be in a whole lot of trouble.
    Post edited by VBALL_MVP on
  • Shadders_X

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

So yeah....you have
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Again you are commenting and judging on things you have no clue about. You conclusions on bullet deviation is irrelevant and invalid cause you have not played BF1 and have no clue how it affects the game or what it does...its like you giving a rating on a food dish you never tried.

Same with launch...again you never played either hardline or Bf1 so again you can't even remotely comment on how things improved or not since you didn't play at launch....again laughable.

Again you comment on multiple algorithms that oppose each other...how do you know they oppose...you don't because you have no clue since you never played.

Im not saying that BF has opposing mechanics but if they did that doesnt have to be a bad thing. Gravity and normal force are things that oppose each other as well....yet if we didn't have them both we would be in a whole lot of trouble.
    Hi,
    I did not comment on BF1 in regards to my experience, only on BF3/BF4. Please read what is written.
    On the subject of the code - you have not seen it. Neither have i seen it. Hence we are both expressing opinions. We all have the right to express an opinion.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • wsupchris1222444
    959 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I highly doubt it will be a battle royale game. EA might be the 2 time winner of worst company in America but I don't even think they are greedy enough to ruin a battlefield franchise like that.

Also I've played fartnite, that type of game is boring af, I dont get why soo many people play it.

I take back what I said about fartnite, the game is fun. I guess it's called fortnite because it takes 2 weeks before you start enjoying the game.

But I wouldn't worry about the next battlefield becoming a battle royale game, they wouldn't do it and it would not fit battlefield at all.
  • VBALL_MVP

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

So yeah....you have
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    I did not comment on BF1 in regards to my experience, only on BF3/BF4. Please read what is written.
    On the subject of the code - you have not seen it. Neither have i seen it. Hence we are both expressing opinions. We all have the right to express an opinion.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Really...didnt know BF3 and BF4 had random deviation...oh that's right they didn't. So again read your own comments.

Again you state you talk about BF3 and BF4...and bait about poor launches but you compare the future to a title that is two game releases back. While we are at it why don't we then say "hope they don't continue to have graphics like BF2". Again you are being critical when you haven't even the experience of their last TWO launches.

Your rationale may sound good in your head....not so good when they are said aloud.
  • Shadders_X

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

So yeah....you have
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Really...didnt know BF3 and BF4 had random deviation...oh that's right they didn't. So again read your own comments.

Again you state you talk about BF3 and BF4...and bait about poor launches but you compare the future to a title that is two game releases back. While we are at it why don't we then say "hope they don't continue to have graphics like BF2". Again you are being critical when you haven't even the experience of their last TWO launches.

Your rationale may sound good in your head....not so good when they are said aloud.
    Hi,
    Please read what was written. The reference to BF3/BF4 was discussing the poor releases.
    Please read the reference i supplied - BF1 was not perfect. There are more critiques of BF1 on the internet.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • VBALL_MVP

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

So yeah....you have
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Please read what was written. The reference to BF3/BF4 was discussing the poor releases.
    Please read the reference i supplied - BF1 was not perfect. There are more critiques of BF1 on the internet.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

How about you read...i just clearly referenced that in my previous quote. Once again you tend to skip over things and pretend like they were not addressed.

As for critiques on the internet....how can you possibly agree or disagree with a subjective critique when you never played the game? Trust me many have also said that thr launch was much better than previous releases, and from playing experience I also agree. Again you can't make a statement that you expect BF V is going to be so bad when you never tried the last two launches.
  • Shadders_X

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

So yeah....you have
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

How about you read...i just clearly referenced that in my previous quote. Once again you tend to skip over things and pretend like they were not addressed.

As for critiques on the internet....how can you possibly agree or disagree with a subjective critique when you never played the game? Trust me many have also said that thr launch was much better than previous releases, and from playing experience I also agree. Again you can't make a statement that you expect BF V is going to be so bad when you never tried the last two launches.
    Hi,
    Please read what i had written. My comments of experience were clearly on BF3/BF4.
    BF1 may have been a better release, but again, it was not perfect as per the link i provided. That is the point, there are always issues because DICE/EA never learn. Not only do they release games unfinished, but is also to what degree they are unfinished.
    Maybe BF4 was the worst it can get. Maybe not.
    You don't know, and neither do i.
    But what we do know, is DICE/EA release games unfinished.
    To what degree BF V is unfinished remains to be seen. But remember, DICE/EA do have a track record on this.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • VBALL_MVP

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

So yeah....you have
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

As for critiques on the internet....how can you possibly agree or disagree with a subjective critique when you never played the game? Trust me many have also said that thr launch was much better than previous released and from playing experience I also agree. Again you can't make a statement that you expect BF V is going to be so bad when you never tried the last two launches.
    Hi,
    Please read what i had written. My comments of experience were clearly on BF3/BF4.
    BF1 may have been a better release, but again, it was not perfect as per the link i provided. That is the point, there are always issues because DICE/EA never learn. Not only do they release games unfinished, but is also to what degree they are unfinished.
    To what degree BF V is unfinished remains to be seen. But remember, DICE/EA do have a track record on this.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Lol again there you go commenting again without reading. Maybe you are lacking comprehension but I stated already you flawed comparison from a almost 5 year old software. As well as making judgements on a piece of software you never experienced and played.

Based on your logic Im surprised youre not critizing and comparing from other legacy products from +5 years.

But hey $50 bucks says you will not read this and still make a broken record comment.
  • Shadders_X

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

So yeah....you have
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

As for critiques on the internet....how can you possibly agree or disagree with a subjective critique when you never played the game? Trust me many have also said that thr launch was much better than previous released and from playing experience I also agree. Again you can't make a statement that you expect BF V is going to be so bad when you never tried the last two launches.
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Lol again there you go commenting again without reading. Maybe you are lacking comprehension but I stated already you flawed comparison from a almost 5 year old software. As well as making judgements on a piece of software you never experienced and played.

Based on your logic Im surprised youre not critizing and comparing from other legacy products from +5 years.

But hey $50 bucks says you will not read this and still make a broken record comment.
    Hi,
    Please read what i have written, as i clearly stated experience based on BF3 and BF4.
    You wrote "but I stated already you flawed comparison from a almost 5 year old software" which means that you are stating the past does not predict the future.
    Therefore, your claim of BF1 etc., predicting a good release of BF V is flawed logic. Can't have it both ways.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • VBALL_MVP

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

So yeah....you have
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Please read what i have written, as i clearly stated experience based on BF3 and BF4.
    You wrote "but I stated already you flawed comparison from a almost 5 year old software" which means that you are stating the past does not predict the future.
    Therefore, your claim of BF1 etc., predicting a good release of BF V is flawed logic. Can't have it both ways.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

I knew you were not going to read and sound like a broken record.

You owe me $50
  • Shadders_X

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

So yeah....you have
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

I knew you were not going to read and sound like a broken record.

You owe me $50
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
This discussion has been closed.