Battlefield 2018

Comments

• AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    thats an interesting find. As much as I'd like to think about it, maybe it was a cut weapon for BF hardline or something? the last BF game i knew for sure had a ppsh was BC2 vietnam.
  • SlugSniper
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    What if there was a Battlefield game set in the numerous wars of the mid-to-late 19th Century?

Well, I think I have an interesting class setup here...

Rifleman

Primary
    - Repeating Rifles

Gadgets
    - Bandage Pack
    - Bandage Box
    - Stitches & Whiskey
    - Repair Tool
    - Rocket Lances
    - Smoke Bombs

Skirmisher

Primary
    - Revolving Rifles
    - Shotguns

Gadgets
    - Grenades
    - Dynamite Sticks
    - Explosives
    - Crossbow
    - Hand Mortar
    - Shield
    - Grappling Hook
    - Oil Can

Guard

Primary
    - Harmonica Rifles
    - Musket Carbines

Gadgets
    - Ammo Pack
    - Ammo Box
    - Sharpened Stakes
    - Caltrops
    - Heavy Tripwire Mines
    - Mortar
    - Deployable Shield
    - Shovel

Scout

Primary
    - Musket Rifles
    - Breechloaders
    - Bows

Gadgets
    - Flare Gun
    - Blinding Flare
    - Telescope
    - Light Tripwire Mines
    - Blank Decoys
    - Throwing Weapons

Cavalry

Primary
    - Repeating Carbines
    - Dual Handguns
    - Bows

Gadgets
    - Swords
    - Lances
    - Ammo Pack
    - Bandage Pack
    - Caltrops
    Post edited by SlugSniper on
  • Jal-89
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think they'll go for modern combat in the next game, feels like a long time ago since we had a game like that, and Hardline was modern sure, but it wasn't a war game.

Since they went so far back in time with BF1 i think that "Battlefield 5" is up next.

My only concern is the launch and quality really. If they realease it sep-nov 2018 ish, they better do a damn good job, or else wait another year until release.

• AldirTheBlood
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 2017
    Lock-on howitzers and point and click mortars. DICE have never done artillery right.
  • DerLokator
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 2017
    ppeterhermanrud.jpg
    It's already leaked that we'll get a WWII game. Peter Hermanrud is Lead Design Artist at DICE, posted his designs from the BF1 Granade launcher before it was revealed and posted now a design of the Russian WWII-Submachine Gun PPSh-41.
  • DerLokator
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I would like it, but I think BF will always be with vehicles and machine guns. WW1 is imo the earliest scenario, we will get. They not even get the Back to basics mode server settings the same as quick game search settings, that this mode could run.
  • Jal-89
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If you look at wikipedia you'll see a list of all wars this weapon was used in. The most likely ones, if its for a next Battlefield game, would be WW2, Vietnam or the Korean War.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Battlefield 2 didn't have a PPSh, it was set in recent years.

However, as others have pointed out, it has been found many conflicts up to OIF/OEF. However, there are two things to consider. First, its most iconic use was in WWII/Korea. Second, look at the model. It looks like it came straight out of the factory, there isn't a flaw on it. I think that it would only make sense that this be included in a WWII game. It wouldn't make sense to include a gun without a single sign of wear in anything other than the war it debuted in.
  • MiningChief117
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    If I'm not mistaken, I also see M4 (1994) and an as-val (1987). Also terminators.
    (Now that I look closer, the M4 and as-val can be explained with BF4) Ok, so yeah, this is interesting.
  • DistFam
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Interesting...

Lol jk this is actually incredible, nobody thought it would happen because of CODWW2 being in the same timeframe and it hurting sales etcetc, but with that game looking like a complete shambles already it's opened the door for DICE to do it properly.

If this is real and happening I can't even put into words how excited I am, Tank Hunter? PTRS-41? YES F'N PLEASE.
  • AKBear12
    446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What I find interresting on his page is to see the Cei Rigotti with an extended magazine next to it, maybe they plan on adding it in BF1
  • Chrono_ZX1
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    You are talking about the 2005 Battlefield 2 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_2

Since there was already a title Battlefield 2, they might as well call it Battlefield 1944 if it was a WW2 setting.
  • CloneTrooperCT
    256 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hope ww2, i miss the old bf1942. So i hope a new fresh ww2 game with operation mode in the game. More different vehicles from allies and axis. So also Italian.
    And we got more behemoth in ww2.

• SlugSniper
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    DerLokator wrote: »
    I would like it, but I think BF will always be with vehicles and machine guns. WW1 is imo the earliest scenario, we will get. They not even get the Back to basics mode server settings the same as quick game search settings, that this mode could run.

Honestly, this would be like Hardline 2.0, except I'd buy it. :D

I guess I should also mention how the weapons and certain gadgets would be balanced...

Repeating Rifles - BF3 and BF4 DMRs
    Musket Carbines - BF1 slug shotguns with better damage range
    Shotguns - Duh
    Harmonica Rifles - Very hard-hitting, but have lower headshot multipliers
    Revolving Rifles - BF1 semi-auto rifles
    Musket Rifles - Almost always a one-hit kill
    Breechloaders - BF1 sniper rifles
    Bows - One-hit kill no matter what and silent
    Repeating Carbines - BFH DMRs

Stitches & Whiskey - Revives teammates, but takes time
    Rocket Lances - Very little damage, but a very good way to suppress enemies from a distance; chance of setting enemies on fire
    Dynamite Sticks - Long fuse delay and not as lethal as grenades, but deal heavy suppression
    Shield - Blocks most bullets and melee attacks from the front
    Oil Can - Used to leave an oil slick that can be ignited when the timing is right
    Sharpened Stakes - Deal damage depending on enemy speed; especially deadly against cavalry
    Caltrops - Hard to detect and good at hurting and slowing down cavalry
    Throwing Weapons - Silent and deadly
    Post edited by SlugSniper on
  • Vespervin
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A Cold War gone Hot game would be amazing. Have it set during the '70s or '80s. Engagements take place in Europe, Asia, Americas, etc. Tactical nuclear weapons are used, all of that awesome Cold War technology (tanks, jets, so on...). Because it's after the Sino-Soviet split we could have a three-way. NATO vs USSR vs PRC.

It would be amazing and it's something I've wanted for a while.
    DerLokator wrote: »
    ppeterhermanrud.jpg
    It's already leaked that we'll get a WWII game. Peter Hermanrud is Lead Design Artist at DICE, posted his designs from the BF1 Granade launcher before it was revealed and posted now a design of the Russian WWII-Submachine Gun PPSh-41.

That's a very nice picture.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    And we got more behemoth in ww2.

Please, no. Unless they can figure out some way to make the behemoths make a difference even when you have the guy who beaches the dreadnought or moves the train to the far-flung corners of the map.
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry. I think you mean Forgotten Hope 2. A mod for Battlefield 2 (2005).
  • DerLokator
    edited August 2017
    AK-Bear-12 wrote: »
    What I find interresting on his page is to see the Cei Rigotti with an extended magazine next to it, maybe they plan on adding it in BF1

Dude yes. And a bigger optical sight, nice, didn't see it.

PS changed the topic from Battlefield 2 to BF WW2
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 2017
    I think it's a reach. DICE has already said they aren't interested in doing another WWII title. It's been done.

Oh and Peter did work on Medal of Honor.
  • TonkTooStronk
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've been saying Cold War era theme for what feels like a decade now.

Old school but still modern enough. Good mix.
This discussion has been closed.