Battlefield 2018

Comments

• ProAssassin2003
    3019 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It will be Modern setting. 100% confirmed by me.
  • Thumper2671
    462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Please no more Behemoths...
  • Imcrine
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    68Keif wrote: »
    Bf3 is king

/thread

• Shadders_X
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi,
    Is everyone thinking that the first Battlefield that they played is the best ?
    Most of them were good - played BF2:MC, BFBC, BFBC2, BF3, and BF4 - which i have, but they all had issues, where some have never been corrected.
    I think what makes Battlefield good in peoples experience, are the maps.
    If the next Battlefield had the best maps from each previous BF game, then maybe no one would buy another BF game. So that is not going to happen, i suppose.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • doctorrocktor
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

No chance.
  • doctorrocktor
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Please no more modern,6 bf games in modern times is enough.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone remember when BF4 was so broke you couldn´t get past the first 10 minutes of the singleplayer campaign because you couldn´t shoot that damn helicopter with your 320HE-grenade launcher...

Press F to pay respect!
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

No chance.

Chance!
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    I want that cold war thing to happen

Could be good with something like The Bay of Pigs. With US Brigade 2506 and Democratic Revolutionary Front against the Cuban Revolutionary Armed Forces.
    That would be quite cool. Imagine playing as the legendary Che Guevara? B)
  • GrizzGolf
    887 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wish it was!
  • GrizzGolf
    887 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Whats this BF 1944 rumor I'm hearing?
  • V2Face
    2647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can confirm Battlefield B.C, Battlefield is going back to caveman times. With stone arrows and rock throwing. Will post more details soon
  • Sonic5745
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    Sonic5745 wrote: »
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    I´m litterally laughing my behind off if it turns out to be Hardline2
    Dont think I would mind that one bit.. Just MY opinion tho..

Yeah. Hardline was great.

As someone who loved Hardline though, I'd be disappointed if BFV / BF2018 was Hardline 2.

I mean, it won't be. They have to aim for a mainstream audience, and you only capture that mainstream audience by doing war-based shooters.
    As somebody who also loved Hardline, I agree.

Admittedly, it feels weird to have 500 cops vs 500 criminals fighting using things like machine guns, rockets, armed vehicles, and other crazy (or not so crazy) things, but the game was still a lot of fun. Just be sure to not take it seriously. I didn't, and managed to enjoy Hardline a lot.

All that aside, I do think it's too soon to return to a law enforcement theme (if that ever happens). Besides that, I've been hoping to see WWII return to the Battlefield series ever since before BF1 was announced. It's something that I never got the chance to try. There's also something about the weapons and vehicles around that time period that I find to be more interesting than the modern stuff.

Could you please briefly explain how you want to make a WW2-shooter that doesnt feel like a re-skinned BF1...
    What maps are you hoping for in a (possible) WW2-game??
    I do expect BFV to share similarites with BF1 if that game is revealed to be set in WWII, but I don't expect it to feel like a re-skin. BF4 shared similarities with BF3, yet I thought there were enough differences between the two to make them feel like they weren't simply re-skins.

As for the maps, I don't have any specifics. But there are several battles that could be featured in BFV that haven't been in BF1942/43. It would be interesting to feature lesser known battles instead of the same stuff we see in most WWII games and movies. I would however expect to see a mix of both lesser known and well known battles.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • TEKNOCODE
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Read that today.
    Pretty interesting. It's all very Da Vinci Code :p
  • Shadders_X
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi,
    With all the talk of will it be a reskinned BF1, or not, it will still have aim assist and aim snap - with bullet deviation which opposes the aim assist and aim snap. Just to help the muppet players who have no skill. Game will play itself.
    Will it have the grief of netcode issues from day one release ? Probably.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    Hi,
    With all the talk of will it be a reskinned BF1, or not, it will still have aim assist and aim snap - with bullet deviation which opposes the aim assist and aim snap. Just to help the muppet players who have no skill. Game will play itself.
    Will it have the grief of netcode issues from day one release ? Probably.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Whatever time it is set, im excited man. Im truly hoping for a cold war era gane based around the 80's, and its based on fictional war maybe about the soviets winning the afghan war, and then invading America :)
    The weapon attachments wouldnt be to crazy, but enough to satisy us, there was definitely red dot sights, 2-10× scopes, tons of SMGs LMGs, RPGs, AR's AK's and tons of other weapons, it would be so cool..
  • xDJ_Cas
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hey guys,

So everyone knows that there will be some reveal from EA on 23rd of May due to found web link https://www.ea.com/neverbethesame

So I searched the internet for this date and discovered a wonderful thing

https://www.onthisday.com/date/1939/may/23

So basically Hitlya proclaimed his speech that will invade Poland. So there are no doubts that it will be WWII now. No BC3 to wait for us in a near future. So all this hype around is a mess for those who doesn't know history well enough :)
This discussion has been closed.