Battlefield 2018

Comments

• AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    I think it's a reach. DICE has already said they aren't interested in doing another WWII title. It's been done.

Oh and Peter did work on Medal of Honor.

where/when did they say that?

anyhow, the intriguing thing here is that this PPSH was not in any of the recent BF games as far as I recall.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1793 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DistFam wrote: »
    that game looking like a complete shambles already it's opened the door for DICE to do it properly.

I said kinda the same thing in a post a while back.. Man, I hope so..

• Troopperfofo
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am going to go with Korean war or maybe some type of game covering multiple wars during the cold war. There are far to many Ww2 games coming out within the next few years to warrant Battlefield do the same. Enlisted, Hell let loose, Codww2, Battalion 1944 as well as many others.

• xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3873 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Thread moved to the Off-Topic section since this has nothing to do with BF1.

-CB

• Loqtrall
    12100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hoping and praying to the BF gods that this is true.

We've needed a full-scale WWII BF title for 13 years.
  • DerLokator
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Thread moved to the Off-Topic section since this has nothing to do with BF1.

-CB

Thanks, realized it to late and couldn't switch it to off topic
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Would be a unique setting. Preferably very late 19th century. Like 1890's. So there ciuld be cars and early development semi autos.
  • SlugSniper
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Would be a unique setting. Preferably very late 19th century. Like 1890's. So there ciuld be cars and early development semi autos.

To provide enough content, I'd say from the 1850's to the 1890's with things like the American Civil War, the Franco-Prussian War, the Shimonoseki Campaign, various Native American conflicts, etc. Maybe even the Russo-Japanese War in 1904, but that's getting real close to WWI.

In BF1, players can use late-war weapons in early-war battles. It's a stretch, but it isn't too bad. This game would stretch that even further, so it's iffy.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think it's a reach. DICE has already said they aren't interested in doing another WWII title. It's been done.

Oh and Peter did work on Medal of Honor.

where/when did they say that?

anyhow, the intriguing thing here is that this PPSH was not in any of the recent BF games as far as I recall.

Lars Gustavsson stated it in an interview just before or shortly after BF1's release. I also believe David Berlin said something along the same lines in a post release interview.

As far as the PPSH goes, Peter also designed for Medal of Honor. Which was pretty much EA's WW2 infantry game. Only the last 2 out of 16 were modern and not WW2 related.

Now there is a possibility that there will be a Bad Company 3. Dice has been trying to work out it's winning formula since BC2 release. Many exec have confirmed it slated, but when is unknown.

WW2 in BC3 would be nice and there's a high probability of it happening. But as far as a BF primary title, I seriously doubt WW2 will ever be redone.
  • GenesisMD5745
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I definitely hope it's true.

Battlefield started out with a WWII theme, and to get my chance to play with that theme as the next major BF with all of the technological improvements made since the early 2000's would be amazing.

And I'm sure DICE bringing back some of 1942's maps remastered would be amazing for some of the long-time BF veterans out there.
  • GenesisMD5745
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just might be interesting.

But as said by someone else on here, WWI would most likely be the earliest BF setting.
  • SlugSniper
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Sonic5745 wrote: »
    Just might be interesting.

But as said by someone else on here, WWI would most likely be the earliest BF setting.

Maybe, but then again, WWI seemed like a pretty far-fetched idea for a Battlefield title at one time.

There are some potential "vehicles" for a setting like this. Horses hardly qualify as "vehicles," but they were obviously used to haul heavy weaponry. DICE could toy around with gameplay mechanics like that for an authentic 1800's feel.

There were also plenty of ship types considering the fact that this timeframe covers everything from the age of sail to the birth of the ironclad warships. There were hot-air balloons, weaponized trains, and even early airships, and I'm sure DICE wouldn't hesitate to find some use for them.
  • Thumper2671
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    thats an interesting find. As much as I'd like to think about it, maybe it was a cut weapon for BF hardline or something?

Could have been, but why would somebody make a model for a gun for a game that is done in terms of content?
  • Troopperfofo
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    thats an interesting find. As much as I'd like to think about it, maybe it was a cut weapon for BF hardline or something?

Could have been, but why would somebody make a model for a gun for a game that is done in terms of content?

It could just be a pet project. Another developer made the hunters dream from Bloodborne in UE4.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xZKvX
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Could be just a random he was working on. Could be a really old model from an older game. Look at the ordering of those designs and game titles. Bionic commando and Terminator salvation where 2009. Yet you have the first 2 tiles as BF1, then 5 2009 tiles, then BF1,BF4 and an unknown followed by more BF1.
  • DerLokator
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 2017
    Could be random, could also be leak. He also posted the granade launcher way before the December update was revealed and Westie leaked this weapon with this page, too.

I think it is 60-70% WW2 leak, but could also be his toy. For me it is most likely that he did this art for work, not for wasting time. For a game, like all the other weapons came into BF games. And this design is in current BF design, not an old model for an old game.
    I think, he likes to show his work, without thinking if its leak, or he likes to make leakes.
  • DerLokator
    edited August 2017
    Okay, picture is 9 months old and the PPSH-41 was also on Bad Company 2, Hermanrud worked there, too. Reduced the probability on 50-50 for me.
    Post edited by DerLokator on
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    DerLokator wrote: »
    the PPSH-41 was also on Bad Company 2,

thats true, though if you look at the art style of the firearms in that game (bc2 vietnam), they were all muddy, beat up, wrapped in cloth, etc. a big contrast to the clean, brand new looking ppsh here.
    Post edited by AlotOfThunder on
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ww2 please, I don't need modern in my life and I believe there were plenty of vehicles and weapons to keep everyone happy in that setting
  • Jal-89
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DerLokator wrote: »
    ppeterhermanrud.jpg
    It's already leaked that we'll get a WWII game. Peter Hermanrud is Lead Design Artist at DICE, posted his designs from the BF1 Granade launcher before it was revealed and posted now a design of the Russian WWII-Submachine Gun PPSh-41.

Who confirmed WW2 setting? This weapon might not even be for a Battlefield game, and if it is what says it is gonna be WW2?

This weapon has been used in many conflicts, not just WW2.
This discussion has been closed.