Weekly Debrief

Battlefield 2018

Comments

• HawkeyeAM47
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What would you do?
    Just a thought
  • TEKNOCODE
    10865 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Yeah it seems Battlefield V is the official title, maybe V for victory rather than V for 5? Why not say Battlefield 5 then

My point exactly. Seems weird it'd be the first numerical sequel to base BF games that uses a Roman Numeral.

It looks to me very convincing that the "V" has a dual meaning.

I agree. I still think it’s going to be wwII and Vietnam.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Yeah it seems Battlefield V is the official title, maybe V for victory rather than V for 5? Why not say Battlefield 5 then

My point exactly. Seems weird it'd be the first numerical sequel to base BF games that uses a Roman Numeral.

It looks to me very convincing that the "V" has a dual meaning.

I agree. I still think it’s going to be wwII and Vietnam.

if its Vietnam Plz have Forest Gump and Liutenet Dan for a battlepickup

• Shadders_X
    483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2018
    Hi,
    Could it e Virtual Reality capable..... too.
    Would be the first major FPS franchise to do it, that is of interest.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X
  • No1StingerUserUK
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X
    I'm guessing if they did it would only be in single player.
  • Shadders_X
    483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X
    I'm guessing if they did it would only be in single player.
    Hi,
    Possibly. I think they had had long enough to implement.
    For online, I would expect the PC or console to do the work for the VR, since all information needed for normal or VR is already in the data stream. I can't think of anything that VR requires extra in the online code.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Despite the "V" I'm still hoping it's ww2.

#ComeOnVDay

Based in the never be the same quote I think it will be more WW2 on the Pacific front.

Though the #donotforgetit makes me more hope for Korean War.
  • WarCrys1s
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t think it’s wwii honestly. To soon. To many other members of the community don’t want throw back after throw back after throwback. Cold War is great. It’s in the middle. Then do wwii.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    WarCrys1s wrote: »
    I don’t think it’s wwii honestly. To soon. To many other members of the community don’t want throw back after throw back after throwback. Cold War is great. It’s in the middle. Then do wwii.

Open the game with these comrades driving there Soviet APCs

• Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I want throwing knives
  • Fleetwood1987
    417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    The YouTube stream event title is "Battlefield 5 reveal" with Battlefield V as the screen image. We going back to modern?

• PhantomDJ
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would complain that it wasn't BF 2143.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    Lel bf vengeance is upon us
    Comrade
  • trip1ex
    4770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bf2149 is better known as sw:bf2
  • HawkeyeAM47
    edited May 2018
    trip1ex wrote: »
    bf2149 is better known as sw:bf2

Both battlefront games were amazing, just sucks to see how that train ended

I just hope bf 2018 lets us Salute the Comrades in arms for the USSR
  • PvtJohnTowle
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For all the Aussie Enthusiasts out there as none of the reveal times are AEST

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180524T06&p0=240&msg=Battlefield+V&font=slab&csz=1
  • Professor_RAWR
    163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I will be very happy. I've never played BF 2142 before too.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Heard you will be able to fire prone on your back.
  • Professor_RAWR
    163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Now I have a feeling it will be modern.... dammit....

If it's modern, how will war stories work? What does the horse have to do with modern settings? Where will the game take place?

I'm kinda confused... was expecting WW2 or Vietnam until that tweet above stated that it's actually 5.... Plus from looking at the background, it reminded me of the Battlefield 4 teaser trailers and themes.
This discussion has been closed.