Battlefield 2018

Comments

• GrizzGolf
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ferritin
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    These BR games are popular because they are free, it's just the latest trend but that doesn't mean it fits everywhere.

PUBG is so free though. H1Z1 was so free up to few months ago as well. Arma is also free.
  • PhonB80
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Motafied wrote: »
    PhonB80 wrote: »
    Now I have a feeling it will be modern.... dammit....

If it's modern, how will war stories work? What does the horse have to do with modern settings? Where will the game take place?

I'm kinda confused... was expecting WW2 or Vietnam until that tweet above stated that it's actually 5.... Plus from looking at the background, it reminded me of the Battlefield 4 teaser trailers and themes.

To me, if it was just "five", it would have been called Battlefield 5. There is a dual meaning there, and I am not sold Churchill's V for Victory is a big enough reason to dual name your game Battlefield V. I think we are getting a Vietnam title which I would be SO stoked about. WWII is going to feel just like WWI.
    Imcrine wrote: »
    Only the pacific theatre would be viable. Otherwise its a total reskin of bf1.

And before not so smart people will try to convince me that muh trench warfare is much different from ww2 battles, re-read this sentence again.
    Both ZERO history knowledge. Rofl

0 knowledge? That fact I can differentiate WWI vs WWII at all means I don't have zero. I am sorry you came here to puff your history chest out, but my post has nothing to do with historical accuracy. I am looking for a more modern game, Vietnam is in a sweet spot.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    i want battlefield bad company 3, but whatever, it looks like ww2 to me just bc cod ww2 was around last year and they probably want to one up there slop. if it is ww2 i sure in the hell hope it has all the ww2 authentic tanks and vehicles(Sherman,panzer mk3, ect ect) the world had. hell even those jeeps lol

lol you do realize this game was more than likely in development before CoD ww2 was even announced, right?

To me, if it was just "five", it would have been called Battlefield 5. There is a dual meaning there, and I am not sold Churchill's V for Victory is a big enough reason to dual name your game Battlefield V. I think we are getting a Vietnam title which I would be SO stoked about. WWII is going to feel just like WWI.

I can't picture it being Vietnam just because they used the Roman Numeral instead a normal number. It's already confusing that it's abbreviation, "BFV" already conflicts with the abbreviated version of the first BF Vietnam game.

If the V has any meaning, I'd say it points toward ww2. Battlefield 1s number had a meaning, it definitely wasn't the first game in the franchise, but it was a game about the first world war (which in case many hadn't noticed by now, but 99.99% of BF games involve global conflicts fought by multiple factions).

I would say that them using a Roman numeral for the first time in the history of the franchise has got to mean something subliminal - and imo V for Vietnam is a lot more blatant and obvious than V for Victory or VDay.

And before not so smart people will try to convince me that muh trench warfare is much different from ww2 battles, re-read this sentence again.

Lolwut?

The 20 years after ww1 was a revolutionary turning point for military weaponry, gadgetry, and vehicles. We'd see things in a ww2 BF title that wouldn't even make sense being in BF1. There's a myriad of possible content that couldn't even be included in a ww1 game if DICE was trying to keep it authentic.

People whined about the weapon variety and customization in BF1 - well they had reflex sights, frame grips, and bayonets in ww1, what do you think was available during ww2?

The games would be so different.

How could you possibly say it'd be a reskin? Because there would probably be a map made up of a destroyed French town/city? Pfft.

And let me remind everyone that we haven't had a full fledged ww2 BF game since 2002 - over 15 years ago, at the very beginning of the franchise.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    i want battlefield bad company 3, but whatever, it looks like ww2 to me just bc cod ww2 was around last year and they probably want to one up there slop. if it is ww2 i sure in the hell hope it has all the ww2 authentic tanks and vehicles(Sherman,panzer mk3, ect ect) the world had. hell even those jeeps lol

lol you do realize this game was more than likely in development before CoD ww2 was even announced, right?

I can't picture it being Vietnam just because they used the Roman Numeral instead a normal number. It's already confusing that it's abbreviation, "BFV" already conflicts with the abbreviated version of the first BF Vietnam game.

If the V has any meaning, I'd say it points toward ww2. Battlefield 1s number had a meaning, it definitely wasn't the first game in the franchise, but it was a game about the first world war (which in case many hadn't noticed by now, but 99.99% of BF games involve global conflicts fought by multiple factions).

I would say that them using a Roman numeral for the first time in the history of the franchise has got to mean something subliminal - and imo V for Vietnam is a lot more blatant and obvious than V for Victory or VDay.

Lolwut?

The 20 years after ww1 was a revolutionary turning point for military weaponry, gadgetry, and vehicles. We'd see things in a ww2 BF title that wouldn't even make sense being in BF1. There's a myriad of possible content that couldn't even be included in a ww1 game if DICE was trying to keep it authentic.

People whined about the weapon variety and customization in BF1 - well they had reflex sights, frame grips, and bayonets in ww1, what do you think was available during ww2?

The games would be so different.

How could you possibly say it'd be a reskin? Because there would probably be a map made up of a destroyed French town/city? Pfft.

And let me remind everyone that we haven't had a full fledged ww2 BF game since 2002 - over 15 years ago, at the very beginning of the franchise.
    You forgot that bf1 is a reskin or bf4...
  • xDJ_Cas
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I believe that this phrase is somehow connected with Union Nation speech where WW2 should never be like that ... I think this is the meaning of this phrase ...
  • xDJ_Cas
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    LOL so much history knowledge from teenagers players here :smile:
  • Shadders_X
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi,
    The V could possibly represent Vanguard - the foremost part of the army or naval force, or cutting edge developments etc, - so, is it a futuristic shooter ?
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • Jayremie570
    1639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No snap to aim assist
  • trip1ex
    4655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The more it is like bf1942 the better. The more it's like BF1 the worse.
  • trip1ex
    4655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    i hope it doesn't have killing.

• trip1ex
    I hope they borrow the "closing circle" from BR games.

I can imagine a lot of ways it could be put to good use in and adapted for BF games.

Take a map like Suez. What if the team that didn't have the C flag had a circle that closed in on the C flag every ~120 seconds? That would force that team to push into the flag zone or die. Then let's say that team didn't get the C flag and they all perished. Well then the team would respawn and another circle would appear and again slowly close on the C flag. Basically you're using the circles to simulate a commander ordering wave after wave of attackers onto an objective.

This would probably be pretty useful in Operations as well. Or forcing snipers or camping tanks onto objectives.

• Toxic_CA
    826 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People getting mad over crap that will be revealed in a couple days....lol
  • sharpdefine
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    you're all wrong, you know its gonna be BF WW V, right ? :P
  • trip1ex
    V is for Venereal. Obviously the next BF is going to portray the war on VD during the various armed conflicts throughout history.

• VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Space fights.
  • Seventyfive
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2018
    You guys hired an SJW gun control advocate to promote your gun shooting war game? Nice. Very smart. I hope you **** mass andromeda this game so we can go back to making good battlefields. BF1 was garbage, BFV is looking even worse. Just scrap all this crap and make BC3 already.
  • DrunkwoIf
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    I would be happy if it was the sequal to 2142 and we got the return of Titan.

yes please, give me titan mode!!!
  • herodes87
    1266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It means **** a Well known female Bodypart. Be ready to explore Something you never saw in a Video Game.

Next week the new SW movie Solo will be Out. I am more hyped for that.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You guys hired an SJW gun control advocate to promote your gun shooting war game? Nice. Very smart. I hope you **** mass andromeda this game so we can go back to making good battlefields. BF1 was garbage, BFV is looking even worse. Just scrap all this crap and make BC3 already.

Have you seen black ops 4?
    Game looked horrid
This discussion has been closed.