Weekly Debrief

Battlefield 2018

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    10886 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    Hi,
    In other news - CoD Black Ops 4 has no single player and has a different online system :

"Health generation has changed and could prove to be more challenging. Though players will now have 150 health points rather than 100, their health will no longer automatically regenerate when they catch a break from being shot at. Now they’ll have to manually regenerate their health using health packs and there’ll be a time delay after you’ve used one so you can’t use another straight away. This is intended to encourage more tactical play and it’s likely that it’ll change the pace of multiplayer gameplay"

Seems that CoD Black Ops 4 is the new Battlefield.

Some people are not happy about no single player campaign.

Will BF5 just be a copy of CoD - verbatim, and garner the extra purchases from CoD fans who will not buy due to the single player aspect being dropped ???

Will EA/DICE promote this aspect profusely to ensure that dismayed CoD fans purchase BF5 ?

In fact, this is what the V means, it is that BF5 is 100% CoD copy, a pure VERBATIM of CoD.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
    Hi -

Your tears are delicious.

Best,
    Tek
  • trip1ex
    4776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Obliteration was the best mode they made in a long tiime
  • trip1ex
    4776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I could see it happening.

It is brokenfield
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Here are my thoughts:

It'll be Vietnam...
    Why? Imagine DICE/EA sitting in a conference room trying to think of their next title. Obviously, the V dilemma was purposeful - I think we can agree on that. So there are 3 main situations I think of: V for Vietnam, V for 5, and V for V-Day.

If the setting was modern, I feel there's not a compelling enough reason to hype up the 'V'. Just call it BF5 and the speculation would still be in full force. There'd be no need for Roman numerals. In addition, everything in the blog post points away from a modern setting - including War Stories, but having to make them up (or at least retell recent events) seems counter-intuitive.

So I feel modern is out, and it's more closely between Vietnam and WWII.

Now, between Vietnam and V-Day, which seems more powerful? For me, it's obviously Vietnam. With the 'V' standing for Vietnam, you encapsulate the entirety of a war - a 20 year period (10 with US involvement). If 'V' meant V-Day, you're talking a single (yet inarguably important) day in history which doesn't hold the same weight to me.

If I were sitting in on the decision to call this V for V-Day, I feel like the common consensus would be, "We could do better than this, right?". Knowing DICE/EA and the work put into advertising and naming conventions - they'll go with what the average person would think of seeing 'V' which is Vietnam. While many people would associate V with V-Day given a WW2 game, I feel a significant amount (far far more than V for Vietnam) would not understand the reference - in which the clever 'V' situation would be for nothing.

I just can't picture a direct sequel to Battlefield Vietnam being called "Battlefield V". If the setting is Vietnam, it's like they just erased the rest of the letters from the name of that game - it'd be significantly unoriginal compared to the V standing for something involving ww2, the Korean War or even future warfare.

It's already lame that most people will probably abbreviate it as "BFV", which is already the abbreviated version of BF Vietnam.

I'm not sure DICE are going too deep into meaning with their naming. BF1 had a 1 because it was ww1. BF2 was the third game in the franchise.

Battlefield V could be anything at this point.
  • Shadders_X
    483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Hi,
    In other news - CoD Black Ops 4 has no single player and has a different online system :

"Health generation has changed and could prove to be more challenging. Though players will now have 150 health points rather than 100, their health will no longer automatically regenerate when they catch a break from being shot at. Now they’ll have to manually regenerate their health using health packs and there’ll be a time delay after you’ve used one so you can’t use another straight away. This is intended to encourage more tactical play and it’s likely that it’ll change the pace of multiplayer gameplay"

Will BF5 just be a copy of CoD - verbatim, and garner the extra purchases from CoD fans who will not buy due to the single player aspect being dropped ???

Will EA/DICE promote this aspect profusely to ensure that dismayed CoD fans purchase BF5 ?

In fact, this is what the V means, it is that BF5 is 100% CoD copy, a pure VERBATIM of CoD.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
    Hi -

Best,
    Tek
    Hi,
    I am not bothered what BF5 is. If it has the usual crap : aim assist, aim snapping, too many gadgets etc., a very long progression requirement (BF4 has 140 ranks), bad netcode upon release - then it is too much effort for such a bad experience. Purchase when it is cheaper and netcode issues are resolved.
    I bought BF4 at release since i had a new PS4. I delayed buying BF3 since it had so many issues at release.
    What the V means is, in the end irrelevant. If the game is a poor copy of something else, such as BF1 copy with different skins, or has aforementioned attributes, then maybe stick with BF4.
    As CoD is now more tactical - with regards to the health, then will BF6 or an update to BF5 copy this aspect ?, and go back to the roots of the original Battlefield incarnations ?
    Will BF5 also drop the single player campaign ?. and V actually represents Vacuous (empty game).
    Have DICE over egged the meaning of the V as someone else has written ?.
    Anyway, comments here are meant to be a bit of fun, as the day is long and the sun is shining.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10886 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
    Hi -

Best,
    Tek
    Anyway, comments here are meant to be a bit of fun
    Hi -

Exactly.

Best,
    Tek
  • coldwarisfake
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
    Hi -

Best,
    Tek
    Hi,
    I am not bothered what BF5 is. If it has the usual crap : aim assist, aim snapping, too many gadgets etc., a very long progression requirement (BF4 has 140 ranks), bad netcode upon release - then it is too much effort for such a bad experience. Purchase when it is cheaper and netcode issues are resolved.
    I bought BF4 at release since i had a new PS4. I delayed buying BF3 since it had so many issues at release.
    What the V means is, in the end irrelevant. If the game is a poor copy of something else, such as BF1 copy with different skins, or has aforementioned attributes, then maybe stick with BF4.
    As CoD is now more tactical - with regards to the health, then will BF6 or an update to BF5 copy this aspect ?, and go back to the roots of the original Battlefield incarnations ?
    Will BF5 also drop the single player campaign ?. and V actually represents Vacuous (empty game).
    Anyway, comments here are meant to be a bit of fun, as the day is long and the sun is shining.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Literally everything you just said was wrong, look up facts before making a "statement"
  • Shadders_X
    edited May 2018
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
    Hi -

Best,
    Tek
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Literally everything you just said was wrong, look up facts before making a "statement"
    Hi,
    Most of my comments are opinion.
    The facts are, CoD online gaming is more tactical as per my copied text from a preview of the game details.
    I played BF3 beta - was really bad, comments on websites stated as such of the release version. Please see : https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489522799046/
    Which are complaints.
    BF4 netcode was extremely bad - many updates to get it right/usable. I purchased this from release and played from release. maybe see :
    https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/addressing-netcode-in-bf4/
    Which is an EA/DICE official statement about the netcode issue.
    Maybe, you cannot determine a comment/opinion or suggestion since it has a question mark at the end ?
    (you see - question mark = ? = not a statement, but a comment or opinion or question). :p
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
    Post edited by Shadders_X on
  • xDJ_Cas
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This phrase always leads me to this song from Melanie C )) https://youtube.com/watch?v=-02fyG7Z5x8
  • Shadders_X
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
    Hi -

Best,
    Tek
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Actually, please forget the evidence i have presented above. You are right.
    I missed one of my meds, and had a sudden coherent episode, where what i actually wrote was factual.
    I sincerely apologise. My experience of BF2:MC to BF4 has caused some trauma for me.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
    Hi -

Best,
    Tek
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

He won't. Too much work.

I agree he is wrong but he enjoys stirring up the pot. Hence why he uses a 5 year old game to judge the future.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
    Hi -

Best,
    Tek
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

He won't. Too much work.

I agree he is wrong but he enjoys stirring up the pot. Hence why he uses a 5 year old game to judge the future.

Grammar is spot on this time ;)
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    68Keif wrote: »
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
    Hi -

Best,
    Tek
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

He won't. Too much work.

Grammar is spot on this time ;)

Whew!
  • trip1ex
    i was dreaming of airfields in bf2018. IT's a sign.
  • sizzlinghorse9
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't understand why some people are so against the battle royal MODE, not game, but MODE. The whole point of a new game to come out (and I know this is a shocker so sit down) is to be new and different than the old ones.

If you don't like a new mode, don't play it. If you're unable to adapt to change and want to throw a fit that a NEW game has a feature you don't like, play an old game.

Some of us actually like new games, and not reskined reboots.
  • Shadders_X
    edited May 2018
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
    Hi -

Best,
    Tek
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

He won't. Too much work.

Hi,
    As i stated to you before, you take everything as a statement.

Your pathological behaviour shows that when something is an opinion, you treat it as a statement, and cannot determine the difference between statements of fact, and opinion.

I also provided evidence as per my statements that i did make. One was an EA statement on the netcode issue for BF4. I also provided a link for people complaining about the netcode for BF3.

If you disagree with this evidence, then why not contact the people making comments about the netcode for BF3 and tell them they are wrong, and their experience of the netcode was an illusion.

Here is another report of an EA apology for BF4
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-19-ea-addresses-unacceptable-battlefield-4-launch

While you are at it, why not write to EA/DICE and tell them that their apologies are wrong too - as per the link in this post and link in my previous post.

I am sure given that you are such a good fellow, they will listen to you, as you seem to know more than they do about their own **** games. Excuse my french. :smiley:

Or, how strange that you even deny an official EA statement.

I love the internet and the diversity that it brings. It allows the pathological and those with severe social communication problems to join in conversations, chewing the fat, mucking about, talking crap, not taking it serious etc. Without the internet, these people would not be able to tell everyone how wrong they are.

Take good care of yourself.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • VBALL_MVP
    edited May 2018
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
    Hi -

Best,
    Tek
    Hi,
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

He won't. Too much work.

Hi,
    As i stated to you before, you take everything as a statement.

Your pathological behaviour shows that when something is an opinion, you treat it as a statement, and cannot determine the difference between statements of fact, and opinion.

I also provided evidence as per my statements that i did make. One was an EA statement on the netcode issue for BF4. I also provided a link for people complaining about the netcode for BF3.

If you disagree with this evidence, then why not contact the people making comments about the netcode for BF3 and tell them they are wrong, and their experience of the netcode was an illusion.

Here is another report of an EA apology for BF4
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-19-ea-addresses-unacceptable-battlefield-4-launch

While you are at it, why not write to EA/DICE and tell them that their apologies are wrong too - as per the link in this post and link in my previous post.

I am sure given that you are such a good fellow, they will listen to you, as you seem to know more than they do about their own **** games. Excuse my french. :smiley:

Or, how strange that you even deny an official EA statement.

I love the internet and the diversity that it brings. It allows the pathological and those with severe social communication problems to join in conversations, chewing the fat, mucking about, talking crap, not taking it serious etc. Without the internet, these people would not be able to tell everyone how wrong they are.

Take good care of yourself.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Again as you fail to notice you still comment on a 5 year old game and making a judgement disregarding the 2 other games that preceded it.

Your comments illustrate your preference of games but as you can clearly see with what DICE has released so far clearly differs from CoD so again your statements are incorrect.

But again I'm pretty sure you are going to say something silly and just repeat yourself and continue to make judgement on new titles based on cherry picked comments from out if date titles that don't illustrate the full and honest picture.

::slow clap::
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like video games sometimes
  • 68Keif
    Motafied wrote: »
    Pleas no. Future is stupid and fake. WW2!

Stahp
  • xCRIMSONxGUARDx
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ahhh chit thread got infected with comparing apples to oranges trolls.
This discussion has been closed.