This Week in Battlefield V

Battlefield 2018

Comments

• ProAssassin2003
    3359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As long as Call or Of or Duty is not in the title I'm happy.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What if it's BATTLEFIELD MCMXLV after all?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13047 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    DdjgQKPWkAAo8JG.jpg

Dino Mode confirmed

Not really.
  • Slothboy3000
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    i want airfields back!!!

I cna't imagine playing BF2018 wake island and not having an airfield on the carrier nor on the island.

It's time to bring airfields back! We need more strategy and teamplay than what BF1 has given us with the dumbed down casual lonewolf-no-one-using VOIP gameplay. It's 2018, we should also have 100+ player servers. WW2 covered vast distances and we should get bigger maps with more players. It's called BattleFIELD for a reason.
  • trip1ex
    4770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sadly consoles will really hold back BF2018 compared to if the game was developed for pc first. Consoles are 5 yrs old. Meanwhile we will be getting new vid cards this year Nvidia. Plus 16gb RAM and cpus like the 8700k that blow the console cpus out of the water.

...I digress. Moving forward.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    68Keif wrote: »

All about trends :|

Yup, If it's trending there's money to be made.

I can see an oversaturation in BR themed games coming, I mean.. We have H1Z1, Arma 3 has it, Arma 2 has it, PUBG.. Now its coming to COD..

I just see BR as meh.. It's just not something I can honestly say I'd enjoy.

I agree totally. That's how companies stay in business.
    Sadly consoles will really hold back BF2018 compared to if the game was developed for pc first. Consoles are 5 yrs old. Meanwhile we will be getting new vid cards this year Nvidia. Plus 16gb RAM and cpus like the 8700k that blow the console cpus out of the water.

It does make you think if the timing is bad since we are due for a new console SOON...
  • Gnow1370
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We all have heard that BFV has a prototype br mode in the works

So if you decided not to play it because of br, think again. You don't even have to touch the br mode at all, as it's a mode.

I myself really don't like br, but with br so popular EA&DIVE will what every penny the can get, and br is one of those ways
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13047 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Consoles are 5 yrs old.

whoa!! Really? It's been THAT long since the latest "next gen" consoles?

Yeesh.. I guess the rumour mill will start churning PS5 news soon then.
  • trip1ex
    4770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

I can see an oversaturation in BR themed games coming, I mean.. We have H1Z1, Arma 3 has it, Arma 2 has it, PUBG.. Now its coming to COD..

It does make you think if the timing is bad since we are due for a new console SOON...

soon as in the next 2 or 3 years maybe.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

soon as in the next 2 or 3 years maybe.

Well they just leaked a new controller for next gen Xbox so it may be even sooner.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

whether it's a simple shovel for the Assault class to give the ability to just dig a foxhole, the ability of the Support to plant barged wire or the ability for the Engineer to build tank traps and, fortify windows and doors and even some vehicles could deploy bridges. Battlefield fits perfectly for that, and even moreso since in late game has so much less cover, and some lanes are so choked and cut off- it would be great if you build it back for your team mates.

Some pretty cool ideas here
  • Turban_Legend80
    4593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I loved Rush on BF3. A lot of the maps seemed to be specifically designed for Rush, with Conquest using large parts of the map. This worked well for both games modes.

The BF4 maps are clearly designed for Conquest. Rush was just an afterthought.
  • FELT-Z___BRANN
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BF V - \ / - l l - BF 2 = WW2
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ;) mmmmk
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dude, please no.
    As the kids will love this, but man, that will make me realize i shouldnt gane anymore lol
  • ProAssassin2003
    3359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Actually no. There is nothing to hold back. DICE doesn’t do that anyway. BF3 and BF4 was 24 players vs 64 on PS3 and Xbox 360. BF5 will be a prettier BF1 but lots of improvements. We will see. I doubt they up the player count again because there servers can’t handle 64 much less more.
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    .... what?
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I loved Rush on BF3. A lot of the maps seemed to be specifically designed for Rush, with Conquest using large parts of the map. This worked well for both games modes.

The BF4 maps are clearly designed for Conquest. Rush was just an afterthought.

Yep. Rush was def my favorite mode in Bf3 because reasons stated. It just wasn't as good in BF4 with none of the maps being designed for it... Will say BF1 was a good mix of best of both worlds. As the maps seem to be designed with all game types in mind. Which worked out really well if you ask me.

The maps in BF1 weren't my favorite, but i have to say the over all map design was much better than in previous games if you ask me.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    .... what?

The launch pods from BF4 and 2142 will be in the game..
    Google BF2145 it for somereason there will be suggestions for gameplay already..
  • trip1ex

Actually no. There is nothing to hold back. DICE doesn’t do that anyway. BF3 and BF4 was 24 players vs 64 on PS3 and Xbox 360. BF5 will be a prettier BF1 but lots of improvements. We will see. I doubt they up the player count again because there servers can’t handle 64 much less more.

lol. i don't think you have any idea what i said.
This discussion has been closed.