Headshots don't kill anymore?

virgin_kills
11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
I set up the hit indicator in game to be bright red, so I know for sure when I get headshots on an enemy.

It seems like whenever I'm in close to medium range and I spray an enemy, I always land 3-4 shots either before or after I get an indicated headshot, but the enemy still doesn't die. This doesn't make sense because a headshot should deal around 100 health damage, on top of the 75-100 health damage from the other shots. The enemy should have died twice!

Why is this? Is it a bug where my headshots aren't registering or did DICE lower the multiplier to where headhots are useless?

Comments

• Crimson-Knight-1
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    It works fine for me, a shotgun shell to the head works fine.

• OGTrashBoat8
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Well the gun you're using would really help us out, and this is not hardcore where it takes 2-4 shots to kill someone. Learn to aim better and you won't have issues.
  • KaaDaver
    575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I find it weird that you are able to decipher a hit when in hardcore when it doesnt show a hitmarker, hardcore doesnt let you know when you hit an enemy
  • OGTrashBoat8
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    KaaDaver wrote: »
    I find it weird that you are able to decipher a hit when in hardcore when it doesnt show a hitmarker, hardcore doesnt let you know when you hit an enemy

The blood splatter is usually a good indication as well as the soldier flailing around.
  • KaaDaver
    575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    KaaDaver wrote: »

The blood splatter is usually a good indication as well as the soldier flailing around.

In that time the enemy is either dead or not so it wouldnt be hard to judge tbh
  • virgin_kills
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Well the gun you're using would really help us out, and this is not hardcore where it takes 2-4 shots to kill someone. Learn to aim better and you won't have issues.

Normal mode and I was testing with the AEK assault rifle.
  • gunhurler
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    its the game, i change the color of my headshots and body shots. see head shot indicator see body shot indicator and the guy just runs away. this is also compounded by shooting an enemy who then kills me when i know he should be dead because i put rounds on target, i watch the kill cam in frustration wondering how he still has a hundred health after being shot so many times only to watch my teammate kill him. and i get a kill assist for 30 0r more points. how did i get a kill assist when i shoot a guy and he still has a hundred health?
  • tempo_rarity
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My unfinished 'Chaos Of War' theory helps to explain away 'maddening game deficiencies' like bullets that don't kill .
    Metal helmets , metal cigarette cases . . even extra magazines , can ALL deflect a bullet .

It's a game of course , so when it's actually lag or some other malady rendering bullets useless , dwelling on it just tends to make me insane .
    It's better instead to equate the frustrating occurrence to some unseen chance or fortune befalling my intended victim .

. . it could even be that one of the bullets in my magazine managed to slip past the factory Quality Control with only a partially-packed charge .
    EA buys 'em by the billions ; it seems fairly likely that a few wonky bullets might get all the way through to the front lines :tongue:

. . the theory is itself a balm and not a cure for rage as it is easily overwhelmed by excessively-poor Game OR Player performance .
    Yes , I understand that I was no help at all
    :lol:
  • gunhurler
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    My unfinished 'Chaos Of War' theory helps to explain away 'maddening game deficiencies' like bullets that don't kill .
    Metal helmets , metal cigarette cases . . even extra magazines , can ALL deflect a bullet .

It's a game of course , so when it's actually lag or some other malady rendering bullets useless , dwelling on it just tends to make me insane .
    It's better instead to equate the frustrating occurrence to some unseen chance or fortune befalling my intended victim .

. . it could even be that one of the bullets in my magazine managed to slip past the factory Quality Control with only a partially-packed charge .
    EA buys 'em by the billions ; it seems fairly likely that a few wonky bullets might get all the way through to the front lines :tongue:

. . the theory is itself a balm and not a cure for rage as it is easily overwhelmed by excessively-poor Game OR Player performance .

i will consider this next time i shoot burstfire weapons and they seem to "jam" or have "double feed malfunctions" and wont fire. sometimes you have to consider at least they let you do a weapon transition. games like gears of war and army of two actually make your character have to clear the weapon lol.
  • tokrot
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Try the POS AEK971
  • KaaDaver

I do agree with that, although experiencing dusting when swatting a heli on a rampage does feel like a kick in the teeth.
  • DIRTYGreeny
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Headshots don't kill people, rappers do! (Or wappers if you like)
  • 0ld_yell0w
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    "I want to hear you scream of pain!" - just play some rapmusic - Bruce Willis the last boyscout.

The Whole hitreg and the idea that a 762x51mm coming from a sniperrifle kills better/faster than a 762x51mm from an AR like the SCAR-H derivates from the idea of balance .... most often this is used by "snipers" on shortrange to deliver a 1-shot kill sometimes in the leg .. go figure. its somewhat hard to blame DICE because what else to do when its all about balance towards a gameplay where all can be present. but mostly the HS does kill players when delivered from a sniperrifle. I also noticed the red hitreg without getting a kill for it, and also Wonders why but to that... only DICE can answer.
  • Masqerader
    613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Headshot multiplier were drastically reduced this game. As per usual they gave some BS reason.

Of course you can get 1 shot with rifles, shotgun's without headshots because Dice isn't very good at balance