Shotguns are the epitome of skill.

realistalive
606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I've started using them recently and they definitely require more aim and strategy than any other gun in this game. Constantly see people on here complaining about them being EZ mode, but if they were so easy wouldn't everyone run them? All anyone ever uses is the hellriegel on console and automatico on PC which shows what the easy weapons truly are.

If you miss with it you're pretty much a goner. It's the only weapon where you constantly need to position yourself properly and plan out your engagements. I'm talking about the pump actions shotties here just so we're clear.

Comments

• McPlebster
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Couldn't agree more! Shotguns are indeed very powerful in the right hands, but aim and reflexes must be on point. Positioning is also key to make it work. Good boy :)
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agree that it still takes skill to use. Because by choosing the shotty, you're basically giving up any sort of range... meaning if you are in an open field against a hellreigal, sniper rifle, CE Rigotti, basically anything other than another shotgun or pistol, you are hosed 90% of the time.

It's like you said
    you constantly need to position yourself properly and plan out your engagements.

Close quarters combat. Also, as you mentioned.. if you miss--you're done!
  • GameWasGoodOnce
    6616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There are still levels in hell with shotguns, I tend to stay away from the 10A Hunter in favor of the 10A Slug or the M97 Hellfighter because I feel the Hunter cheapens my kill.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1267 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    On the matter of shotguns, I never complain that they are noob friendly weapons. For the simple reason that whenever I use them, I'm never that good. If theyre that easy, I should be amazing with them.

I always find that when I'm using a shotgun, my targets are way way outside of my kill range. And I also tend to ADS way too much to be effective with them. I need to work on my positioning.

The only shotgun which, to me, has an unreasonable OHK range is, obviously the 10A hunter. There are times where I'm left scratching my head wondering how he killed me from that far away.
  • crabman169
    12847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    *Laughs in 12G*

i still have nightmares about it
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    *Laughs in 12G*

HEY, YO, IS SOMEONE DISSING ON MY 12G???

Honest truth is no one can handle it's true potential, it's such high tier. It honestly should be nerfed, it's just way too good, outclasses everything and sentries, too stronk, cheesemode

• V2Face
    2676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Finally someone speaks the truth they are like sniper rifles high risk, high reward if you miss you will die, but if you hit the target with all pellets connecting it's a one hit kill and rightfully so in its effective range. They are the most inconsistent weapons in battlefield and my favorite weapon.
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sometimes I wonder in these threads if people aren't confusing the 10A Hunter with the 10A Slug. The slug has range.
    It requires some serious aiming skill, but if you can get it down, it negates a bit of the range vs objective challenge. And if you land a hit at close range, it's lights out on anything.
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    *Laughs in 12G*

Honest truth is no one can handle it's true potential, it's such high tier. It honestly should be nerfed, it's just way too good, outclasses everything and sentries, too stronk, cheesemode

that legendary humpback skin is one of the most beautiful I own. I have NEVER used it, and never will. Sigh. Insert some sad Simon and Garfunkel music here.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    *Laughs in 12G*

that legendary humpback skin is one of the most beautiful I own. I have NEVER used it, and never will. Sigh. Insert some sad Simon and Garfunkel music here.

Fun fact, The Humpback was actually the very first legendary skin I ever received in BF1
  • Puckerbucket
    I've started using them recently and they definitely require more aim and strategy than any other gun in this game. Constantly see people on here complaining about them being EZ mode, but if they were so easy wouldn't everyone run them? All anyone ever uses is the hellriegel on console and automatico on PC which shows what the easy weapons truly are.

If you miss with it you're pretty much a goner. It's the only weapon where you constantly need to position yourself properly and plan out your engagements. I'm talking about the pump actions shotties here just so we're clear.

I RARELY see people on here complaining about them being EZ mode. Mostly complaining that they are underpowered.
    And frankly, if you're working a big Conquest map, it's a challenge. You are a pitiful piece of dirt meat moving between desert objectives.
    But in close quarters, they are fun as hell. Don't like the sweepers or hunters as much (my preference), but the freaking 10A slug is like swinging a death hammer. If you get within 10 meters of me, you're one dead corn dog.
  • KaaDaver
    575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The problem lays with the siaga with its zero shot recovery and large mag. Literally blast n slash. The rest of the shotguns are fine
  • WenBalke
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Recently on Nivelle Nights, someone was ranting at me in the in-game chat how embarrassing it is for an assault rank 50 player to be still using a shotgun. I was running the M97, very appropriate for trench warfare, I would say. I didn't ask what weapon he would recommend using instead: Hellriegel, Automatico?
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Kamykatz wrote: »
    Recently on Nivelle Nights, someone was ranting at me in the in-game chat how embarrassing it is for an assault rank 50 player to be still using a shotgun. I was running the M97, very appropriate for trench warfare, I would say. I didn't ask what weapon he would recommend using instead: Hellriegel, Automatico?

I think you can only use mp18 variants or the ribeye steak, otherwise you're a scrub.
    I'm still trying to figure out the prison politics of BF1.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Kolibri.
  • WenBalke
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xenome111 wrote: »

Kolibri.

I've even been trying to get the codex for it, unsuccessfully so far. ;-)
  • BileRizer2
    135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ^Same. Really want to get the codex but 10 kills with Kolibri is so hard, and makes for bad stats and effectiveness. Enemy's got to be dead on their feet and give you plenty of time to pull the thing out - and wind it up lol.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

*Laughs in 12G*

12G seems good at killing cavalry if you spam the trigger fast enough
    BileRizer2 wrote: »
    ^Same. Really want to get the codex but 10 kills with Kolibri is so hard, and makes for bad stats and effectiveness. Enemy's got to be dead on their feet and give you plenty of time to pull the thing out - and wind it up lol.

Pair it with the M-H and find some oblivious hill humpers one shot with M-H and finnish of with the Kolibri. ;)

I think you can only use mp18 variants or the ribeye steak, otherwise you're a scrub.

People always have an opinion on what weapon you should and shouldn't use
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    *Laughs in 12G*

12G seems good at killing cavalry if you spam the trigger fast enough
    BileRizer2 wrote: »

Pair it with the M-H and find some oblivious hill humpers one shot with M-H and finnish of with the Kolibri. ;)

People always have an opinion on what weapon you should and shouldn't use

I want eotech sights on my Ribey pls dice make it happen.
  • Fhurstinator
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Shotgun is ezmode on console for the same reason Martini Henry is ezmode on console, the high risk high reward isnt truly any high risk when a computer makes sure u dont ever miss as long as ur crosshair is semi close to the target.

Only when targets are further away and u need to lead them u may miss with auto rotation, but never in Shotgun or Henry OHK range

With auto rotation off and its a different story, guns are way better balanced then with the exception of the Hellriegel laser