Weekly BF

something that has improved my aim,,,,,,

huricanechuck
1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
been on this game since november , and i'm always looking for ways to improve. stumbled on a youtube video about an aiming device called hipshotdot, which is an LED light that you place on the center of the screen to improve your aim , and i actually started to order this device ($24 BTW) until it dawned on me to just chage the color of my crosshairs, i changed it to bright red and it has actully helped me improve my aim, for free. actually , i feel kinda stupid for not thinking of this sooner.

Comments

• xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    been on this game since november , and i'm always looking for ways to improve. stumbled on a youtube video about an aiming device called hipshotdot, which is an LED light that you place on the center of the screen to improve your aim , and i actually started to order this device ($24 BTW) until it dawned on me to just chage the color of my crosshairs, i changed it to bright red and it has actully helped me improve my aim, for free. actually , i feel kinda stupid for not thinking of this sooner.

And did u purchase the device.?
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You could just tape a dot to the middle of your screen...

...or, use the in-game cross hairs as you said
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TickTak77 wrote: »

LOL
  • huricanechuck
    xenome111 wrote: »

And did u purchase the device.?

no , why purchase something that the game already has.
  • huricanechuck
    edited August 2017

exactly, scotch tape and a red marker cost less than $2. but in game it's free, it has helped improve my aim (slightly) like i said , i feel like an idiot for not thinking of it sooner.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Do both, yhat way you get used to keeping your crosshairs centered..
  • Strycr
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I used to use blu-tac on my TV back in the old days (on console), when you sprinted your cross hairs would disappear so helped to keep on point.

Nowdays like you said, just change the colour of the crosshairs to something abhorrently different so they stand out against all backgrounds.
  • Forkbeard84
    1617 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My crosshairs are yellow. Works pretty well for contrast.
  • huricanechuck
    edited August 2017

yellow works good too ,especially against darker background , same principal as road lines being yellow. I've got my crosshairs set on red,my hit markers set on yellow,headshots set on blue, and killshots set on red. seems to help me having different color schemes,it sorta give me some intel on how I'm shooting.
  • Miles_Vappa
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017

yellow works good too ,especially against darker background , same principal as road lines being yellow. I've got my crosshairs set on red,my hit markers set on yellow,headshots set on blue, and killshots set on red. seems to help me having different color schemes,it sorta give me some intel on how I'm shooting.

I find hot pink works best.

Yellow is fine except for in desert maps.

Key is finding a color that hardly occurs in the game environment. Red's ok but with blood/hit indicators it can be harder to see.

plus it's hot pink
  • Bang-Tldy
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    haha first thing i did was change it to pink lol
  • huricanechuck
    Bang-Tldy wrote: »
    haha first thing i did was change it to pink lol

LOL,,, hey, if it works for ya, that actually not a bad idea ,I might need to try that.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13348 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    back in the old days I would just get some plasticine or blu-tac and just break a tiny bit off, scope in and then place it bang in the middle.

That would have been a much cheaper way of doing it than paying $30 for a red dot device.