The Defend the Frontlines Mission rewards will be deployed on August 21st. Thanks for your patience.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Any news from the depths of the DICE office for RSP?

SemperFi-HonorNL
300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
It's been a tremendously long time since we had any official, big, post about RSP. If you look at the stickied threads you notice that they are all in 2016. We're closing in on a full first year after release of the actual game. Yet many things, especially regarding RSP haven't been implemented. I'm getting sick of the promises that massive RSP updates are to come, or that we are being heard. I've been trying to remain hopefull and positive for almost a year now. If there is a serious lack of improvement of RSP by the next DLC then I can at least say that all hope is to be gone by then.

If SWBF2 is not to have RSP or 3rd party hosting then we know how it'll be from here on. My expectations (read hopes) for now are that RSP is not moving because it's due with a major update during either GamesCom or, what I expect more, with the release of SWBF2. If neither is the case then I think it is more than fair to say, RSP aint coming anymore, especially not the way we want it.

If the community, especially clans and communities within BF really were taken seriously then I have some questions.

1. Why has our master RSP request list not been implemented yet? The entire community is backing that list.
2. Why are even more demanded basic options still not implemented? Those who we really need the most at first.
3. Why is communicating with us so hard? Don't give me the "because of legal stuff" statement. I know how that works as that is my job. At least a roadmap can and should be shared.
4. Platoons were to be updated too because you (DICE/EA) said you knew that 100 players isn't big enough.
5. Why does PC get treated like a console? It isn't, stop doing that. Creating a universal UI is a nice thought, but won't be possible to due different demands between PC and console.
6. Is RSP really taken seriously at all? A while ago it was stated that "RSP development went into full gear mode".

There's a lot more to ask but for now I want to stick with this.

I still want to see RSP succeed as, ideally with EA/DICE being in control instead of 3rd party hosters, it could and should work out a lot better. Fact stays, procon/rcon are community made. With EA/DICE taking things in their own hands, theoretically, it should be a lot better than the community made stuff. But the sad truth for now is and remains, we're even below the BF3 console RSP bar. Because even in BF3 on the Xbox 360/PS3 you could do MORE than anyone can do now. To make matters more interesting, in the year 2000 we could do MORE than we can do now. Technology and development should be moving forward, instead we've been going backwards with mach 10.

Comments

• Axlerod1
    891 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think everyone would like to see a road map for RSP. Since it has been 10 months, you would think we would not be asking for basic functionality for admin control. I would also like to point out the any changes from basic normal mode conquest and it makes the servers customs.

DICE reply: "SOON"
  • P1asma
    315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Soon.
  • -Antares65z
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    5. Why does PC get treated like a console? It isn't, stop doing that.
    6. Is RSP really taken seriously at all? A while ago it was stated that "RSP development went into full gear mode".
    But the sad truth for now is and remains, we're even below the BF3 console RSP bar. Because even in BF3 on the Xbox 360/PS3 you could do MORE than anyone can do now.

BF1 PC game sales accounts for their smallest revenue stream. EA is going to limit the amount of resources it's going to commit to the support of the PC platform, in particular the RSP component of it. I would suspect that the RSP is probably a money loser for them. The sad truth is, they're only going to do so much to support it. They have shareholders to report to and at the end of the day, it's all about money. The RSP is probably a pilot program for future support of dedicated servers in this game and others. I suspect that the days of 3rd party hosting, Procon tools and the benefits that we've enjoyed over the years with dedicated servers is probably over. Supporting them is a money loser and headache for EA. Back in the day when PC game sales was the bulk of their game revenue stream, they basically had no choice but to cater to what the PC community was asking for. But now that consoles is where the money is at, that is where their attention and resources are dedicated.

If we're lucky, they'll address some of the main issues we've complained about. In particular I would like to see the minimum number of players required to start a round be dropped to four. I don't think that requires a lot of effort on their behalf to make that happen. Having a few more options like being able to actually change the map would be nice. Also, fixing the issue where Custom servers aren't showing up most of the time in the browser needs to be addressed. That right there is a deal killer for me.

I signed up for RSP yesterday, knowing full well what I was getting in to. I'll give them 30 days to make some headway in fixing some of the issues and/or improving communication in terms of what they're doing. If they fail, then RSP is a failure to me and I will not be subscribing to the service in the future for this game, or any other's that they roll this program out for.
  • CrashCA
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    "give them 30 days to make some headway", we are over 9 months in on this. Just saying.
  • -Antares65z
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    "give them 30 days to make some headway", we are over 9 months in on this. Just saying.

I thought about that after I posted it. It isn't much time but it would seem like some of the things we're asking for are easy fixes. Such as the minimum number of players required to start a round. There are many things that annoy me but that and also Custom servers not showing up in the browser unless a player goes into Advanced filters and checks the filter for showing lower play count servers is ridiculous. Obviously EA wants the RSP to be successful, yet they fail to do some of the most basic things like this. Did they actually believe that requiring 20 players to start a round was going to fly with private servers?

Would also think that modifying Map Vote to show four maps across the bottom of the screen instead of two wouldn't be difficult to do.
  • SemperFi-HonorNL
    300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Obviously EA wants the RSP to be successful

To be extremely fair. With every change, community owned servers have become more harder to find as it's yet another filter that differs from default. If you got 1 filter set wrong you won't find a single server, and there isn't even a "show all" option. It's either a certain setting or nothing at all.

Meaning that, EA want to see RSP to be succesfull is a very, very wrong conclusion by the looks of it. So far everything that has been changed to improve RSP has had the side effect of becoming more and more invisible, thus people go to DICE servers, with the result people come here and cry about how boring DICE settings are.

Also, mixmode never got fixed till today and probably will take some time. You can't even mix DLC with non-dlc properly right now.

• Axlerod1
    891 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 15

This is why BF1 did not make the top played games list. Come on DICE, fix RSP.
  • P1asma
    315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Crazy that TF2 still has so many players. Isn't that game like 10 years old?
  • -Antares65z
    edited August 16
    P1asma wrote: »

There are still a good number of people playing COD World at War too. That was a good game back in the day. I imagine some/many people playing those much older games don't have the PC resources to run the newer games.
  • Axlerod1
    P1asma wrote: »

There are still a good number of people playing COD World at War too. That was a good game back in the day. I imagine some/many people playing those much older games don't have the PC resources to run the newer games.

Yeah it use to be you would need to get a whole new system every 3 years. People now buy a good system and they last forever. I have an i7-920. Still runs BF1 on ultra. Until BF1 came out, just about every PC could run any game. Look at all the complaints with guys trying to play with i3 and i5 and the older AMD chips.
  • CrashCA
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited 1:12PM
    WHAT ?? They want another list of what we need !!!!!! Send them to your Reddit post for starters.
  • Jaskaman
    370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited 1:24PM
    Yeah, another user sent my first list, and I sent my newest one and also link to these forums and this thread: