Any news from the depths of the DICE office for RSP?

Comments

• Axlerod1
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah, nothing added to RSP
    Hey we now have 17 maps but you can only have 15 in your list? What 2 maps do you take out?

Thank you DICE for all these wonderful updates to RSP. This is HUGE! You are making a difference in gaming.
    Just trying to be positive.
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    1uh7zd.jpg

EA FTW
  • Axlerod1
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    P1asma wrote: »
    1uh7zd.jpg

EA FTW

Perfect!!!
  • CrashCA
    983 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Competitive" will 5x5 with an Alpha soon. Yeah, Alpha, something else to distract them from fixing the base game and RSP.
  • -Antares65z
    1622 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Yeah, nothing added to RSP
    Hey we now have 17 maps but you can only have 15 in your list? What 2 maps do you take out?

Seems like the general consensus on the worst maps in the game (so far) is Giant's Shadow, Suez and Fao. I took Giant's and Suez out. Figured Fao was the best of the worst. lol. Not sure it makes any difference as I've never gotten a round going. Not even sniffed getting one going. But, the server is only 8 days old so I must have patience. :-)

• Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Welp, guess this is it then? I called GamesCom with competitive to be the last chance and once again we get the "Soon" treatment but not only that. Somehow they are blunt/daft enough to ask for "Feedback" on twitter? There's 12 months worth of feedback right here and it's all being discarded.

GC 2017 also made clear that even the whole competitive thing is more aimed at BF 2018 than it is for BF1. All cool and stuff but I remember the initial press conference where Esports/BF Competitive was promised to be a full and working thing by end 2017. Yea well, guess not.

And this is the moment I'm going to state the obvious once again in the hope DICE/EA might read it.

Stop stating things you cannot make true or cannot make true within the given time frame. Once you stop doing that, we, the community, won't have to get all mad about promises not being held. With the risk of harming myself a lot here but... We're at the point where it would've been better if we had no RSP at all given the lack of improvement in the past 10-11 months.

And if I get hammered for being negative now then I can only say. Well, even the most positive and hopefull person has lost it all.

For me personally it is now as follows. Expectations of everything to come: 0.
  • JenTosM
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 2017
    Looks like in DICE's vision admins must only have the ability to kick/ban and giving a VIP. Maybe they think, for the instance, that ability to move players for the balance is gonna upset the players? Anyway, there wasn't any new features for a several month, so probably they're done with the RSP.

I seriously think not to extend my "ZET hardcore server" anymore.
    Post edited by JenTosM on
  • Axlerod1
    edited August 2017
    Like I said, dice isn't worried about RSP. They fulfilled any and all legal obligations they had to.

Dice is still Short handed and needs employees.
    Dice will Hwa to get all dlc for bf1 out.
    Dice had to have to make sure Swbf2

No time for RSP. Look at the huge update they just did to RSP. That will be what we see. Little tweaks here and there. Don't expect updates with new features.

If they were working on it, they would not be asking for our feedback again. That is just to ride us over for a few months. Then a 5th person will ask us for a list of ideas and tell us soon.

It to dice 4 months to do the 2 tweaks. Any list today will take them 4 months to add in game. That would be December. Blah

Bf1 is a beta game for next Battlefield game which is getting a rush job to appease ea shareholders.

Let's see what dice says. I sure someone will give us the truth. LOL
    Post edited by Axlerod1 on
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    Like I said, dice isn't worried about RSP. They fulfilled any and all legal obligations they had to.

Keep in mind that there are/were no legal obligations at all regarding RSP. The only legal obligation the company/companies has/have is the one to give us a decent working product, which they delivered.

But lets keep legal stuff out of here.

Fact is, everything that is now to come to BF1 is more aimed at BF2018. The only thing that pleases me is the fact that EA/DICE still went off the books and decided to bring us more content that initially announced. (of course this was in the planning and kept hidden, but still it's nice)
  • Axlerod1
    I have no complaints at all with content other than it is coming out really slow. I feel we are getting money's worth so to speak.
    I do not even have an issues with dice offering the game with premium for $60.

The RSP is my real issue. It is really killing off the PC community. By the time we get all the content, there may not be many gamers playing the game. Here o the east cost, we have many nights with less than 10K on.

the other issue I have is DICe refuses to even discuss RSP. Every few months a new dev post "Give me a list of ideas" which still tells me dice is not serious about about RSP.

I to hope by the time BF2018 launches they will have things fixed. I do want battlefield to succeed. With this new crew dice has and there current track record, PC gaming with them is looking rather bleak.
  • Jaskaman
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RSP and lack of features is killing PC-Community, VIP queue does not even work properly, people get stuck in queue, even they should be prioritized. Server admin should have VIP slot that it's kicking someone out etc.
    Then those missing features, max. 15 maps, server location changing on the fly (happened to us 2 times) etc. ...
  • Axlerod1
    edited August 2017
    https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/6vvycu/is_it_safe_to_say_rsp_is_finished/

Well here is the reddit post I made. A dev took a look at it to.
  • iano1978
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/6vvycu/is_it_safe_to_say_rsp_is_finished/

Well here is the reddit post I made. A dev took a look at it to.

Nice to see an honest reply from a DEV on your post, shame it had to be on a third party site.
  • Axlerod1
    edited August 2017
    It's now the only way to get a DEV to respond. Twitter works to

EnemaicFist Dev Response:
    It is being worked on, but much slower than I would have liked. It has taken a back seat unfortunately (and I think that's been a pretty big mistake on our part), but there's a renewed focus on it now. Obviously now there's a concern of too little too late, but I think it's crucial to the longevity of BF1, much like it has been for BF4.
    I don't think there's much slated for the XP2 release with regard for RSP, so don't get your hopes up for that. But in the subsequent patches I'm hopeful that there will a steady rollout of larger highly-requested features.
    Things like the unlimited ammo were easy changes that could be slipped in, but yeah given the backlash and perception of the "effort" that caused it may not have been the best decision.
    Post edited by Axlerod1 on
  • Rombibombii
    At least it makes me feel a bit better that at least someone at DICE decided to be honest with us and share how it is. This is what I can appreciate, I really do, telling us how it is. Because now we know we don't have to anticipate for that long promised RSP update at all. Which is a lot better than those promises like 'It's coming June, oh no now July, erm it's August now' but then it become "TBA".

I'll take this kind of honesty and transparency over any statement that has been made over the last 3-4 months.
  • Braddock512
    1261 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    RSP and lack of features is killing PC-Community, VIP queue does not even work properly, people get stuck in queue, even they should be prioritized. Server admin should have VIP slot that it's kicking someone out etc.
    Then those missing features, max. 15 maps, server location changing on the fly (happened to us 2 times) etc. ...
    I'm currently sitting in DICE Stockholm and we discussed this issue specifically. We've noticed that VIPs are stuck in a 'forever queue' when the queue is 9+, and that's not intended. What should happen is VIPs should bump someone, but this isn't working correctly.

-Braddock512-
  • Axlerod1
    edited August 2017
    Well I hope they listen to you more then they listen to the community.
    First DICE did not want RSP
    Now RSP is a backburner.

But hey they are working on it again. We have heard this many times before.
    I do not expect anything until December for any,if any, huge improvements to the game.

RSP has to be 100% before BF2018 launches. If not, there will not be a huge PC crowd.
    So many players are now playing PUBG. DICE should learn from this and find out why PC players would rather play that game than play BF1.
    It is now the #2 most played game on PC.
  • Axlerod1
    edited August 2017
    How about the ability to have all 17 maps in the rotation list and not 15 maps.
  • Braddock512
    1261 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    How about the ability to have all 17 maps in the rotation list and not 15 maps.
    I've also talked about this.
    I don't know if it's a technical limitation, but I've definitely been bugging them about it. Especially with the release of Battlefield 1 Revolution, there will be more people who would want to play all maps on a server - as well as server owners who want to have an ALL MAPS rotation.

Will keep hammering away.
    -Braddock512-