Any news from the depths of the DICE office for RSP?

Comments

• Axlerod1
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What else have you been talking to them about?
    Chat filter?
    Autobalancer during game?
    Ability to move players?
    Ban slots?
    Admin slots?
    VIP slots?
    ect, ect,...
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm still baffled why these weren't in the initial release. Any how many months has it been since the release of RSP?
  • Axlerod1
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    That was actually answred on reddi a few months ago. IT was asked why they did not developed rsp along side with the game. The DEV responded that DICE had not intentions when they made BF1 to have RSP or 3rd party rentals. IT was the outcry from the community, mostly PC, that they decided to change that.

That is why is launched after the game. The version we are using currently was the console version which is why it is so limited on features.

Since then different devs have said the was going to be a new push and then it gets put on the "backburner" Maybe they will change maybe they won't. Only time will tell. Like the latest dev said, "Now its a question of to little to late"
  • ShevermiN
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Well I hope they listen to you more then they listen to the community.
    First DICE did not want RSP
    Now RSP is a backburner.

But hey they are working on it again. We have heard this many times before.
    I do not expect anything until December for any,if any, huge improvements to the game.

RSP has to be 100% before BF2018 launches. If not, there will not be a huge PC crowd.
    So many players are now playing PUBG. DICE should learn from this and find out why PC players would rather play that game than play BF1.
    It is now the #2 most played game on PC.

I would like to know too ??? PUBG no server browser, no rentable servers, one map one mode and on a game that anyone can get a dev kit for ergo completely hackable. But has 500k PC players. 4 person max squad deathmatch, with no progression no weapon unlocks nothing that you demand that Battlefield delivers or your not buying their game.

Why would DICE develop a RSP for a PC community that is openly hostile and actively not supporting their game..
  • iano1978
    618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That is why is launched after the game. The version we are using currently was the console version which is why it is so limited on features.

To be fair, Console rented servers in BF4 had tons more options/features than what we have now.

• CrashCA
    951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ShevermiN wrote: »

Why would DICE develop a RSP for a PC community that is openly hostile and actively not supporting their game..

The PC communities are hostile as RSP similar to previous BF was promised and still not delivered. And it is EA that is not actively supporting the game, not the other way around.
  • Axlerod1
    edited September 2017
    DICE never wanted rsp ( reddit thread Dev response)
    Dice doesn't really do updates to RSP. See last couple of patches notes and see the real updates that weren't added.
    Dice has put RSP on the back burner (reddit thread - DEV response)
    Dice allows racism and other toxic chat by not providing no chart filters (check in game)
    Dice has servers set so any changes makes your server custom and unable for anyone to find your server.

Come on 11 months of empty promises. This is what dice has given us.

It looks like the vast majority of pc players have left for a game that is in beta and getting ready to release its second map. Pubg is stomping dice.

I have a feeling dice is rushing now to put out bf2018 and its going to be a rush job. Dice needs to get a customer care department.

Just posting some dice proven facts. All can be found in game.
    Post edited by Axlerod1 on
  • BeHitchSlapped
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is very disappointing that the rental server program is not in a state where the community wants to use it due to lack of features. I have spent thousands of hours playing BF3 and BF4 and many of those hours (and the most enjoyable ones) were on community run servers. In BF4 it was so easy to configure the server browser filter for whatever I was looking for and there was a high chance that I could find a populated server run by some community.

With BF1, I'm lucky if I see 1 or 2 community run servers in the generic server lists. Here are some common examples for me:
    if I want to play on a pistol only server, I can never find any. That would be especially useful for the pistol-focused awards. Another example is wanting to play on a server that actually rotates through all the maps - not just the base game maps, and not just the dlc maps, but all the maps (or at least a mix of both base and dlc). Without the community hosting their own servers, it seems like these types of customizable game experiences are gone.

It's a real shame too, because when you sit down expecting to have a particular type of gaming experience one night and can't find it, you feel like you are having to "settle" for something you didn't really want. It's amazing to me that when I search for something with the filter, I can hardly ever find what I'm looking for. I play in the Los Angeles area, and usually around 10pm and later each night. Something as simple as a pistol-only server or a server that rotates all maps (base and DLC) is all I am asking for. Why isn't this out there? It really makes me sad.

For me, I think the actual game itself (BF1) is better than prior games (BF3 and BF4) in many ways, but the lack of variety in gameplay options due having almost zero community-run servers really spoils a lot of the fun. I hope that the community gets to a point where we have the vast server selection and variety that we had in BF4. What a great time I had in BF4! I'm still hoping to get that level of fun with BF1.
  • -Antares65z
    1584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Has anyone heard of EA's intentions with offering RSP for BF 2018? Has that been confirmed or are we just asuming?
  • Axlerod1
    edited September 2017
    Right now all we really know is EA is making a battlefield game for release in 2018. That was from the shareholders meeting.
    If EA or DICE doesn't talk about it, then it is definitely not in the game.
    DICE has said they will tell us when we need to know and it will be "SOON!"
  • -Antares65z
    1584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    If EA or DICE doesn't talk about it, then it is definitely not in the game.
    DICE has said they will tell us when we need to know and it will be "SOON!"

They're probably crunching the numbers trying to determine the approximate lost revenue across all platform by ditching dedicated server support and going over to the dark side. (matchmaking). Would be interesting to look at their internal reports for supporting dedicated servers, whether its farming it out to 3rd party or bringing it in house like they've done. I think they definitely bit off more than they can chew with their latest experiment.

• Jaskaman
    635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well they have promised again to deliver something (according to Reddit) in small patches after this update that we just received... No info what this something will be and how many patches will include this something.....
  • Axlerod1
    See my above post. I've been waiting on RSP patches since also. Dice doesn't deliver. How many patches in a row is this that dice days they are going to add something then don't?
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Latest news from the pits is: Map increase but server stability decrease!

Okay I know I3D is the appointed host for EA and the fun part is we at Team Semper Fi used to have our BF4 servers there but we left them because... (here's where it get's funny) they cram too many servers on a single machine or they don't allow you enough RAM to use or... they are dealing with memory leaks which somehow are your fault and not theirs.

Guess what, this is exactly what is happening now to all BF1 servers ;) Sure this will be fixed and it's not just RSP (thankfully) that is the victim this time. But errors like this only makes me tired because this shouldn't be happening in the first place.

If the 24 map support doesn't work then I am not surprised... I mean what happened to the previous patch notes for RSP? I believe only the Unlimited Ammo works so far and is widely used by... probably 0 servers. That class thingy never became a thing did it?

But hey, BIG RSP UPDATE COMING!!!! Right? Right? Yeah I'm salty.
  • CrashCA
    951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Another issue, their data line (network connection) likely can not handle the traffic. So, latency icons (warnings), again your issue not theirs.
  • -Antares65z
    edited September 2017
    See my above post. I've been waiting on RSP patches since also. Dice doesn't deliver. How many patches in a row is this that dice days they are going to add something then don't?

It looks like 22 map support is working now. I added them all but for some reason one map is choosing not to show up on the server. The RSP config tool lists 22 maps but in the browser, only 21 are showing. The same with your server. Check to see if the 17th map in your list in the config tool is showing in the server details in the browser.
    Post edited by -Antares65z on
  • Axlerod1
    As usually, DICE fails to delivery their own RSP updates that they post in the patch notes.

And DICE still wonders why the PC community is leaving like they have been. DICE should have made the BF1 cover with a WW1 soldier holding his middle finger up at all of us. Somebody make me that picture please.
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just tried to create a new discussion but that needs to be "approved" first. That's a first I saw that to be honest.

So have a laugh at this one: https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/news/article/matchmaking-in-battlefield-1?ts=1504718152813&****=35602&__prclt=7cyEMrgY

Think about how they don't mention that with Quickmatch, you won't see a single community server.
  • -Antares65z
    edited September 2017
    I just tried to create a new discussion but that needs to be "approved" first. That's a first I saw that to be honest.

So have a laugh at this one: https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/news/article/matchmaking-in-battlefield-1?ts=1504718152813&****=35602&__prclt=7cyEMrgY

Think about how they don't mention that with Quickmatch, you won't see a single community server.

Wow! They put some effort into promoting their idea of matchmaking for an improved gaming experience. It's disturbing to look at that page, as it's sinking the final nail into the dedicated servers coffin. Hate to be the Debbie-Downer here but I think dedicated servers are gone in 2018.
  • Axlerod1

OMG, this sounds like no RSP for these. You get a party and wait in que for dice to find you a match. Others games are doing similar setups. Ghost recon is doing a 4v4 mode and I played the closed beta for it. IT will work with small numbers but if you go much bigger, it will fail. See SWBF or SWBF2 by DICE. Oh wait, SWBF2 has not come out yet to fail, but it will.