Any news from the depths of the DICE office for RSP?

Comments

• Jaskaman
    635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    Yeah, last 2 weeks our RSP server is disconnecting players at mornings (from 06:55 CET to 11:00 CET), and nearly every night it moves itself from Netherlands to Ireland (and usually in the morning it's back in Netherland). Yesterday it happened at 17:00 CET, kicked everyone out and server moved to Ireland, we went back to start server, server was laggy, rubberbanding, unplayable for me but it was ok to Germany, UK, Ireland etc. But even Germans felt lagging. I have written a bug about it and spammed guys in Twitter.
    It's not fun. And contacting EA server support-> first one resetted server, didn't help, second one gave us new server, that worked 1 day then same problems started.....
  • Axlerod1
    1352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017
    Every night once we get 64 players in and have several in que our server has crashed since the update. I just love the improved player experience and performance we get with RSP. Just shows you, we don't get quality with the new improved RSP dice experience.

Again, not being negative, just stating obvious facts from my experience in game over the last several nights.
  • Jaskaman
    635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    1) Server disconnects 2-3 times every Morning (server is in Netherlands at this point)
    2) Server kicking everyone out when it's full at evenings (mostly sometimes at Morning too) and switching itself to Ireland -> Huge lagging and rubberbanding starts

Seems to happen in DICE official servers as well. This is not the experience we pay for! We can't change provider we just have to wait for the fix.... 3 weeks already, our members are getting annoyed.
  • Axlerod1
    1352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Never had these consistant issues with 3rd party servers. If we did, we would move to a different company and that would solve it. Right now, we are just screwed. What ever DICE puts out, we have to deal with.

Welcome to the new and improved player experience! It has gotten so much better since launch 11 months ago...Um no it hasn't.
  • -Antares65z
    1579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Never had these consistant issues with 3rd party servers. If we did, we would move to a different company and that would solve it. Right now, we are just screwed. What ever DICE puts out, we have to deal with.

I talked to EA Support on the phone today about my PC server and he told me that EA handles the console servers but they farm out the PC servers. They have to go to them for technical support. He wouldn't tell me what company.

• Axlerod1
    I3dNet is who dice is using for pc servers mostly.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If EA and DICE want their "Competitive" push to be a winner and not absolutely crash and burn with in a week, they absolutely need an RSP or to jump back to GSP's.
    • There needs to be an easy way for different teams to assemble on a server at any given time.
    • They need to allow for player swapping (moving)
    • Team flipping (full team side switches)
    • Ability to turn off balancing
    • Map restarts
    • Map rotation
    • Chat logging
    • Spectator toggle
    • Password locking

There are a few more options that would be nice but aren't absolutely necessary.
  • ShevermiN
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Rev mate "your dreaming" (go have look at a charming aussie movie called The Castle for the reference) Incursions is going to be quick match the whole way. I can't see it being a RSP product because I would expect it to be ranked play where you form your squad and then hit quick join like operations and it finds a match for your squad.

I never ever got into a match of Hardlines Comp but I would think that it would be a evolution of that model...??

I think you are getting competitive play mixed up with competition play. To have a ranking system and ladders you can't have RSP's The only competitions that will be played will be official EA run ones.

These views are purely speculative and based only on my gut feelings.....
  • UnCuT80
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hello frustrated server admins,
    please read my post on reddit and help me with some ideas, feedback etc

3rd party servers from professional hosters - the time has come now
    https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/702479/3rd_party_servers_from_professional_hosters_the/
  • -Antares65z
    1579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you read between the lines, then you'll realize that EA is not committed to RSP or GSP's and are going to ram matchmaking down our throats, whether we like it or not. Didn't see one mention of any sort of promotion for enhancing the gaming experience by playing on 'custom servers' tailored to specific game styles via their RSP. https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/matchmaking-in-battlefield-1
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2017
    BLA bla bla abiout third party servers being better it is the 5sep17 patch .... not the server ... this patch would aslo crash 3rd party servers they wouldn't run another version of bf1. And before the 5sep17 patch i only had 1 crash in 10 months and my 24/7 quentin scar pc conquest european server is full form morning to evening just very stable, and then in those 10 months also no chatter ingame about lag, unlike bf4 and that for 23€ a month is more then twice as cheap as 3rd party servers that crashed more and had more lag. If you would move your server right now to a 3rd party server it would even crash more then RSP. Becuase bf4 3rd party servers didnt crash once in 10 months they crashed at elast once a month. I was iwth a clan in hardline and bf4 and both with 4 servers and at least once a week inthe evening when the server was full it crashed. And those 3rd party hosters always blamed procon.
    Post edited by NL73schietdammer on
  • Rev0verDrive
    6700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BF4 had a memory leak that required server restarts. Procon abuse was a thing too. Every mod you add to it requires a connection to the server. Ill formed mods introduce their own inefficiencies and issues.
  • HonorguyXNL
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I talked to EA Support on the phone today about my PC server and he told me that EA handles the console servers but they farm out the PC servers. They have to go to them for technical support. He wouldn't tell me what company.

The used 3rd party host is i3D.net which is a host that isn't the most smart/reliable one. Talking from first hand experience as they have this thing for cramming too many servers on a single machine with too little ram per server and then they will tell you it's your fault for the lagging and not theirs. ;)

• Axlerod1
    I never had a problem with i3dNet. We used them for most of BF4 in fact. Found them to be the best for that game. Every game is different.

As far as cramming to many servers into one rack, yeah that happens to all of them.
  • HonorguyXNL
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Figured I reread my initial post here. it still stands to this day.
  • Axlerod1
    edited October 2017
    Dice is more worried about incursions now. Adding more crap to an already big pile of crap just makes for an even larger load of crap.
    Post edited by Axlerod1 on
  • HonorguyXNL
    Dice is more worried about incursions now. Adding more crap to an already big pile of crap just makes for an even larger load of crap.

Actually the Incursions team is very small. It's barely a hand full of people.
  • -Antares65z
    One thing I've noticed is that when in pre-round, all your weapons are now showing up. Also, it appears they've fixed the issue with not being able to spawn into vehicles in pre-round, where you would get that error message saying it was violating server settings. Aside from a few tweaks like lowering min. player count to 6, maybe a tweak to the vote map system and working on the balancing issue, I doubt we'll see much more out of them. They're focused on SWBF2 and BF2018. There is no revenue incentitive in RSP to justify investing a lot more resources into the program.
  • Captain_Hermdog
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They're focused on SWBF2 and BF2018. There is no revenue incentitive in RSP to justify investing a lot more resources into the program.

I haven't played this garbage game since last november, so about a year ago, and I see it's still in shambles. BF2018? Not buying another EA/DICE game again... and I've been a dedicated BF player since bf1942. This franchise is dead to me.
  • Axlerod1
    There is a lot of potential fiscal earnings to be made on RSP. Problem is, EA/DICE does not know what they are doing and the gaming community will not pay for something that they do not like and or does not work. 3rd party server providers have been in business for decades making money off of renting servers to business and gamers. They seem like they know what they are doing.

I really think EA/DICE wants to kill Rentals servers including RSP by deliberately making it as horrible as they can. I also believe they want to kill off PC gamers, Communities and Clans, Admins as well.