Any news from the depths of the DICE office for RSP?

1235»

Comments

• Rev0verDrive
    6700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well Incursions will be done via spin ups and match making. No RSP option for it.

If you want to have a private match/scrim or practice, the incursions system will spin up an instance for you. Otherwise you use a matchmaking platform for random pub games.
  • ShevermiN
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well Incursions will be done via spin ups and match making. No RSP option for it.

If you want to have a private match/scrim or practice, the incursions system will spin up an instance for you. Otherwise you use a matchmaking platform for random pub games.

This is the way Battlefront does it, not happy that I called it early but hey.
  • Axlerod1
    1352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    its just another game mode that very few will play. Dice is using it as a band aid to get people to play BF1. DICE should really focus on fixing RSP and the core game first.
  • HonorguyXNL
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017

There will be private servers for scrims and practices. This has been confirmed.
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    its just another game mode that very few will play. Dice is using it as a band aid to get people to play BF1. DICE should really focus on fixing RSP and the core game first.

Incursions is not meant for the big crowd, unfortunately the most influence that came at the beginning is from the big crowd seeing something new and shiny. Enough Devs actually spoke with real Esport players telling them that they, the Esport players, are the only ones it is really about. Unfortunately, YouTube 'stars' and people who deem themselves expert without any Esport experience are influencing big time into the new game version. Which is already leading to great discomfort.

Anyway, the real thing here remains the same. EA/DICE need to either start investing big time in RSP or just kkill it off right here and now.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2017
    There will be private servers for scrims and practices. This has been confirmed.

Correct, but not RSP based. All server instances are spun up on demand. If you want to scrim a clan/team you start a new instance (Private match), password it and link out. Or you can join an existing match/instance, or MatchMake. To be clear you cannot "lease" one. If the server is empty, the instance is terminated (spun down).

• ShevermiN
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Correct, but not RSP based. All server instances are spun up on demand. If you want to scrim a clan/team you start a new instance (Private match), password it and link out. Or you can join an existing match/instance, or MatchMake. To be clear you cannot "lease" one. If the server is empty, the instance is terminated (spun down).

This is free servers, which is how the servers are done in Battlefront. You can start up a match at will in Star Wars and play 1v1 up to 40p. Which is actually a good thing if only the server admin page was more functional.

The days of radical custom servers are gone. With the complete failure of the custom server setting in BF1 it's obvious that 90% of the player base will play default. Dice's default HC had a few players but the back to basics, pistol only, and other custom server configs were never populated. You can't expect dev's to pour resources into features that the player base just does not use.

Which is funny to see them embark on the incursions experiment. But as the origin access population grows I think we will see a gradual increase of the numbers in legacy Battlefield games and auto servers will help in growing this population.

But as I've said before when the private server hosts for Hardline worked how to do all the unlocks in a week after launch with 24/7 hotwire no kill servers and 2 player only servers DICE had to make a change. When most of the battlefield insiders crew (all those stupid streamers and youtubers) biggest complaint is when they joined a private server they would last maybe one round before being kicked this is why we are at this point.

• Axlerod1
    1352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Apparently RSP in not needed in the core game either. ADMINS can not longer kick players or move them for balance. ADMINS can only ban players now.

Instead of fixing and improving the core game, DICE breaks what does work and adds game modes that are broke and gives away maps for free. It's kind of like polishing a dog ****, after you get done, it's still a dog ****.
  • HonorguyXNL
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ahh time to bring this one up again. You know, since DLC is still coming and monthly updates right? Right....? Riiiiigggghhhttt???

Also where the heck are platoons going? They haven't seen any update since ehhh, they got implemented into the game. Where is that sweet 250 member size? And those wide tools for community promotion?

Oh right... BF2018 it will be there, Beta V2 that is.
  • Axlerod1
    You watch, DICE will tells us it is all fixed in BF2018 and it will be better. Then when suckers buy the game, they find it is just a skin job of BF1 with same issues and same infrastructure missing.

They said that in SWBF1 and 2 and BF1 and Hardline. I have lost all faith in EA and dice at this point.
  • Sgt_Malle
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I really have a hard time understanding why people still come here and post.
    Barely anything has happened since the RSP was released and by now everybody should be aware of the fact that there is not more to come.

I mean if we would have procon the community would have already fixed all the plugins and things we need to make this game a great game to build a community around but apparently they do not want that.

Really hope that all the people saying they will not buy next BF actually won't buy it. That is the only way they will learn their lesson.
    Or in the end they maybe go for console only, who knows...
  • CrashCA
    931 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They have been trying to turn PCs into consoles for a while now.
  • -Antares65z
    1579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    They have been trying to turn PCs into consoles for a while now.

And with their latest move of removing the Custom servers from the browser, again, if this isn't temporary and they don't return soon, then I'm convinced that EA is trying to bury RSP and are purposely sabotaging it to drive off it.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Keep in mind not all cuatom server are empty, you need to know how to customize the server so oeople can find it.
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Patch notes aren't out yet, but I watched the twitch stream from yesterday - around 4.700 viewers - the banlist ahs been increased from 100 to 200, the admin and vip list both have been increased from 20 to 50. And you can remove the 15second delay as a spectator and you can remove the enw mid-round balancer, both are making the server custom.
  • Sgt_Malle
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wow! We should all be impressed by those fundamental improvements! LOL
    If we wait another 3 yrs you may be able to do actual real admin things in BF1...
  • -Antares65z
    1579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sgt_Malle wrote: »
    Wow! We should all be impressed by those fundamental improvements! LOL
    If we wait another 3 yrs you may be able to do actual real admin things in BF1...

Yesterday around 1:00pm PST, my browser basically became non-funtional and wouldn't return any servers when hitting refreshed. It hiccuped and tried and tried and sometimes some servers would pop up. One time when I hit refresh, it returned a screen full of servers with the Custom ones showing up. I hit refresh again, the Customs servers were still there. I hit refresh again, it hiccuped and then the custom servers disappeared again. Makes me wonder if perhaps they're working on bringing them back into the regular server list.
  • CrashCA
    931 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Base UI and the browser have been flaky and slow to respond since Jan. Update