If one stands on a plastic chair and then somehow runs even 500,000 volt through themselves they wont get electrocuted as they are not grounded, the circuit is not closed.
BUT what i dont understand is where does this electricity go? If you touch the high voltage wire etc then that voltage will surely hit your body? I understand if you do the same but are standing on a metal floor the electricity will then be a closed circuit and go through your body..BUT as said where does it go when open?
Birds can sit on electric wires and not get electrocuted but how is this?