Introducing Service Assignments - Please Give Feedback

Comments

• Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Modal yodel needs to be changed nobody plays war pigeons or supply drop finding a lobby on ps4 is like winning the lottery.
  • xSha3nx
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That was long process, but I LOVE IT! MORE ASSIGNMENTS please please please!!!!

image.jpg

• PirraMadDog
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 2018
    the service assignments proof of sloth 500 kills with the ripple specialization equipped stoped working,please fixit.
  • xSha3nx
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The new service assignments are pretty ridiculous. 10,000 heals, 1000 revives??

Just take your time. Same with me. Why rush? I enjoyed it.
  • pwnedPewPew
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is the Tankdriver assignment "Konvoi" bugged?
    I finished it a while ago but it doesnt repair the tanks or any vehicles nearby.Does it work fo you?
  • Skill4Reel
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't stand them. I see assignments/service assignments as useless distractions that take me away from what I really enjoy doing in Battlefield. That is helping my team win the match. The only good takeaway that I get from Battlefield V not having Premium other than not having to pay for it, is that maybe assignments will go away as well.
  • Kongo030
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I could handle all the afflictions but reaper. Losing HP is one thing but constantly having the red hit screen is just too annoying and I need to use it for three service assignments. Think this is a thing handled with real squads easy but not with randoms.
  • PegasusR7
    67 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Indigownd wrote: »
    Hello friends and Alex,

Many of you have now had the chance to test some of the Specializations that we're releasing with "In the Name of the Tsar" by participating in the Battlefield 1 Community Test Environment. The feedback has been extremely valuable to us, with suggestions for tweaks and additional Specializations. This is an area of Battlefield 1 that is likely to continue to grow. Thank you for being part of that!

Questions on how to acquire these Specializations have been asked. Much in the same way we've been asking for feedback on the Specializations, we're now asking for feedback on the process to unlock them: Service Assignments.
    With the introduction of Service Assignments, we hope to create a better on-boarding experience for new players. Battlefield 1 is a very complex game with a big breadth of content and playstyles. It can sometimes be overwhelming for new players to take it all in. Hopefully the Service Assignments will act as a guiding beacon on where to start for new players. More experienced players should also find the Service Assignments rewarding with new ways to test themselves and their skill.

Here is a list of the first batch of Service Assignments. Note this is simply the initial batch, challenges that will test your skills even further will be coming in subsequent updates.
    Please let us know what you think of them:
    Getting Started
    1 Storm the Doors
    • Challenge #1 - Perform 20 Kills with the MP18 Trench
    • Challenge #2 - Destroy 2 vehicles with Anti-Tank Grenades
    • Challenge #3 - Neutralize 5 flags in Conquest
    • Challenge #4 - As an Assault, bayonet charge 5 different enemies
    • Challenge #5 - Perform 5 kills with Dynamite
          Reward 50k Assault Kit XP

2 Selfless Courage
        • Challenge #1 Heal 20 different allies
        • Challenge #2 Revive 15 different allies
        • Challenge #3 As a Medic, perform 15 kills with Self-Loading rifles
        • Challenge #4 Perform 1 Multi-kill
        • Challenge #5 In a round, obtain the "Ribbon of Revitalization" 2 times
              Reward 45K Medic Kit XP

3 Supporting the Support
            • Challenge #1 Resupply 20 different allies
            • Challenge #2 Repair vehicles for a total of 300 damage
            • Challenge #3 Perform 10 kills with either Crossbow Launcher
            • Challenge #4 Perform 20 kills using any LMG
            • Challenge #5 As a Support, suppress 10 different enemies
                  Reward 50K Support Kit XP

4 Eye on the Prize
                • Challenge #1 As a Scout, perform 4 headshots with any Rifle
                • Challenge #2 Perform 3 Spot Assist kills using the Trench Periscope
                • Challenge #3 Kill an enemy that has just killed a teammate
                • Challenge #4 Earn the Scout Ribbon of Valor ribbon in a match
                • Challenge #5 As a Squad Leader, place 5 orders in a round
                      Reward 30K Scout Kit XP

5 Omniverous Palate
                    • Challenge #1 In a round, earn 4500 points
                    • Challenge #2 Perform 10 kills with Tanks
                    • Challenge #3 Deal a total of 400 damage to vehicles
                    • Challenge #4 Successfully complete 10 Attack or Defend orders
                    • Challenge #5 Play 2 rounds of Conquest on any map
                          Reward 50k XP

Staying Focused (Complete 5 of 6 Challenges to Unlock reward)
                        5a Leading from the Front (Basic)
                        • Challenge #1 Perform 10 kills with Shotguns
                        • Challenge #2 As an Assault, destroy 5 vehicles
                        • Challenge #3 Perform 10 kills with the AT Rocket Gun
                        • Challenge #4 As Assault, perform 20 kills in a round
                        • Challenge #5 Perform 10 kills with Melee Weapons
                        • Challenge #6 Earn 1 Weekly Medal
                              Generic - Bayonet Training

5b Leading from the Front (Veteran)
                            • Challenge #1 Perform 10 Multi-Kills
                            • Challenge #2 Destroy 25 vehicles with Anti-Tank Mines
                            • Challenge #3 Perform 50 kills with Stationary Weapons
                            • Challenge #4 Score 15000 points in a round
                            • Challenge #5 Perform 30 Squad-Wipes
                            • Challenge #6 Perform 50 Capture Point Attacker kills
                                  Assault - Juggernaut

6a Dependable (Basic)
                                • Challenge #1 Perform 5 Suppression Assist kills
                                • Challenge #2 Perform 10 kills with the Mortar - Air
                                • Challenge #3 Resupply 20 squad mates
                                • Challenge #4 In a Round, repair vehicles for 800 damage
                                • Challenge #5 Destroy 10 tanks with the Crossbow Launcher - HE
                                • Challenge #6 Perform 10 Capture Point Defender kills
                                      Generic - Inconspicuous

6b Dependable (Veteran)
                                    • Challenge #1 Perform 50 kills with the Perino Model 1908 Low Weight
                                    • Challenge #2 Destroy 25 Armored Cars with Limpet Mines
                                    • Challenge #3 In a round, obtain the Ribbon of Resupply 10 times
                                    • Challenge #4 Capture 100 flags
                                    • Challenge #5 In a single life, perform 5 kills as an Elite Class
                                    • Challenge #6 Perform 50 kills whilst on horseback
                                          Support - Unbreakable

7a Healing Hands (Basic)
                                        • Challenge #1 Heal 10 different squad members
                                        • Challenge #2 Revive 10 different squad members
                                        • Challenge #3 Perform 20 Kills with the Auto-Revolver
                                        • Challenge #4 Get 30 kills with the Selbstlader M1916 Optical
                                        • Challenge #5 Perform 5 kills with the Medical Syringe
                                        • Challenge #6 Win a round of Rush on any map
                                              Generic - Hasty Retreat

7b Healing Hands (Veteran)
                                            • Challenge #1 Heal Allies for a total of 10000 health
                                            • Challenge #2 Perform 50 Squad Savior kills
                                            • Challenge #3 Destroy 25 vehicles with Rifle Grenades HE
                                            • Challenge #4 Earn a total of 100000 points
                                            • Challenge #5 Finish a round in the Top 5
                                            • Challenge #6 As a Medic, perform 50 kills with Gas Grenades
                                                  Medic - Concealed Rescue

8a Eagle Eye (Basic)
                                                • Challenge #1 Perform 10 Spot Assist kills
                                                • Challenge #2 As a Scout accumulate 200m of headshots
                                                • Challenge #3 Perform 5 Squad Spot Assist kills
                                                • Challenge #4 As a Scout, perform 15 Headshots with any rifle
                                                • Challenge #5 Achieve 3 Spot Assist kills using Flares
                                                • Challenge #6 Kill 3 enemy Elites with K Bullets
                                                      Generic - Quick Unspot

8b Eagle Eye (Veteran)
                                                    • Challenge #1 Achieve the Counter Snipe scoring bonus 50 times
                                                    • Challenge #2 Perform 10 Avenger Bonus kills
                                                    • Challenge #3 Kill 20 different enemies with Tripwire Bombs
                                                    • Challenge #4 Perform 50 kills with the Lebel Model 1886 Sniper
                                                    • Challenge #5 Win 10 games of Domination
                                                    • Challenge #6 Headshot a Pilot with any single-action Rifle
                                                          Scout - Perimeter Alarm

9 Vehicular Chaos
                                                        • Challenge #1 Perform 15 road kills
                                                        • Challenge #2 Down 25 planes using Stationary Weapons
                                                        • Challenge #3 Perform 35 kills with the Cavalry lance
                                                        • Challenge #4 Perform 45 kills whilst using any tank
                                                        • Challenge #5 Perform 50 kills whilst using any plane
                                                        • Challenge #6 Perform 50 Driver Assist kills
                                                              Assault - Controlled Demolition

10 It's Where you Stand
                                                            • Challenge #1 Destroy 10 Tanks on Amiens
                                                            • Challenge #2 Perform 25 Melee kills on Argonne Forest
                                                            • Challenge #3 Perform 100 Shotgun Kills on Ballroom Blitz
                                                            • Challenge #4 Perform 5 Multi-kills on Monte Grappa
                                                            • Challenge #5 Perform 50 Headshots on Nivelle Nights
                                                            • Challenge #6 Kill 25 enemies with debris
                                                                  Medic - Stimulant Syringe

11 Modal Yodel
                                                                • Challenge #1 Destroy 50 Telegraphs
                                                                • Challenge #2 Perform 50 kills from Behemoths
                                                                • Challenge #3 Complete 25 rounds of Supply Drop
                                                                • Challenge #4 Complete 15 rounds of Frontlines
                                                                • Challenge #5 Win 10 rounds of Team Deathmatch
                                                                • Challenge #6 Complete 25 rounds of War Pigeons
                                                                      Scout - Scapegoat

12 It's in the Game
                                                                    • Challenge #1 Take 10 dogtags from enemies
                                                                    • Challenge #2 Perform 100 kills with Elite Kits
                                                                    • Challenge #3 Bayonet Charge 50 enemies
                                                                    • Challenge #4 Perform 40 kills with Explosives
                                                                    • Challenge #5 Obtain 5 kills with the Sawtooth Knife
                                                                    • Challenge #6 In a round, earn 10000 points
                                                                          Support - Pin Down

Please provide constructive feedback, thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks friends. And Alex.

Jojje "Indigow(n)d" Dalunde

Constructive criticism, please fix current issues before adding new issues into the mix.
                                                                      • ChaoticallyCalm
                                                                        99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
                                                                        What is your point Pegasus?

As far as these go its called playing the game, as you do they will become unlocked without you even realizing!

The ones you refer to are for dogtags. If you want those dogtags......DOGTAGS, they are for a challenge, ITs supposed to be hard, its a challenge, for dogtags, They do nothing. The "perks that you unlock to accomplish those dog tags all are negative affects. designed to make it even more challenging, since 60% of players most likely will go it alone then text and say what worthless team they have. Sure the perks listed above are cool, they are not that insane to get. If you like you can ask dice to make an easy DLC, which makes all items available to you, and if you feel like you have to earn them maybe they can do a somewhat easy dlc, which requires One kill a match to unlock something from all unlockable until all have been gotten.

You know for one dogtage one of the 5 and you only have to finish 4 of the assignment, is 25 kills with the dub club in a LIFE. Another is destroy a plane with a tripwire. SO dont complain about it try to do it. or just find a server that is all about unlocking assignments fast. Servers for everything.

Just enjoy the game, as you play you will unlock things you weren't even trying to! But i do have one question all the people who are saying its to hard did you buy the game at launch? Most of the bf players that are 150 bought the game and the season pass, rode thru so many game changing updates. Then they released a Revolution version, which for 30 dollars was dlc and game, it has been on sale so many times for $14 I mean if you don't have the dlc or PREMIUM, its baffling. Yet I enjoyed the game and i spent 140, i bought it for my brothers and myself, and that's the only game i got in quite sometime, reason I knew it be challenging and fun. With just getting the base game and now getting dlc for free, why complain?

I don't know which person or how many of the player base make up the its to hard issues, but if you accomplish that its a sweet feeling, personally I unlock all guns and perks that are beneficial, I just played, got frustrated at times sure, but figured out what i was doing wrong and got good. Since the road to bfv has started o gpt back to get 30000 points every new week, but I was shocked (haha, operation game mode.) to see new weapons. I was disappointed that the sawed off shot gun for assault is not a secondary but I still love it. Also did you know you can fire both barrels at the same time. Change the fire mode. its fun to mess with.

Sidenote, I posted BfV alpha ideas and fixes, also just bugs that were found, no one has seen it or mentioned it at all, and my question (which you can message me directly) which place should i put it, i have that post in 2 different bfv forums
                                                                      • ChaoticallyCalm
                                                                        99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
                                                                        Skill4Reel wrote: »
                                                                        I can't stand them. I see assignments/service assignments as useless distractions that take me away from what I really enjoy doing in Battlefield. That is helping my team win the match. The only good takeaway that I get from Battlefield V not having Premium other than not having to pay for it, is that maybe assignments will go away as well.

So you want to lose a part of the game that adds to it, because you dont enjoy it or find them difficult? Dont do them then, not like anyone will ever know, Its just for you and you alone, I say give us lots of game! If its useful im all for it, if its a not i ignore it. As for not having a season pass, this may cause a bigger problem, so we are expecting what? at least with the season pass we were guaranteed something, and Battlefield has never not given season pass money worth back to us(unlike tekken 7). Potentially now we have opened ourselves up to a totally different money driven game. When the only expense before was a few dollars, now we could be looking at paying for certain loadout(diablo 3, Siege), packs of guns(sniper elite did this) Sure hardline was rough and the only bf that i didn't get premium for, although i am waiting to see it on sale since they gave all dlc except one away for free. Yet hardline is dead! Abandoned, it deserved it sure, but bf1, bf4, I still feel 3 was extraordinary but going from bf1 to 4 to 3, BF1 is to good compared to those. My point is i hope this does not ruin something we all enjoyed, simply because if you do you couldn't stop drinking for a 2 weeks(6pack a day bush $5.50 per{$77}), smoking for 2 weeks(pack a day camels $12 a pack($168)), to fund something that you love and wont disappear in 3 hours. The cost was just that minimal. May dice and ea forgive us.
                                                                      • Skill4Reel
                                                                        384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
                                                                        @ChaoticallyCalm
                                                                        I am not praising the move away from Premium in Battlefield V. I had no problem purchasing premium for more maps and weapons for a Battlefield game that I already enjoyed playing. Assignments were however the one thing about premium that I did not appreciate. Especially since unlocking rewards were mostly centered around assignments that I neither found to be fun or enjoyable. I don't need the developers to pad the Battlefield online experience with this kind of fluff to keep me playing it.
                                                                      • WarGameFanatic
                                                                        1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
                                                                        edited July 2018
                                                                        I find it annoying that a lot of game company's when they bring out these expansions only bring out expansions for the multiplayer side of the game and not for those of us who might prefer to play single player why note bring out new missions that add to the current single player missions that battlefield 1 already has for instance the Turning tide expansion would have been really could if it was done as a campaign with missions to complete in single-player mode giving us the ship to use and the airship as well to use we people who prefer to play single player games seem to be forgot when it comes to expansions for games which is a real shame as i would be willing to pay for these expansions if they where for single player and not just multiplayer
                                                                      • Kongo030
                                                                        667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
                                                                        edited July 2018
                                                                        I would assume that they do market research and the SP segment is too small compared to MP so they focus on what brings more customers. I also liked the BF1 campaigns and would have paid for more SP campaigns.
                                                                      • Hortey
                                                                        201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
                                                                        I still haven't gotten engineer or most of the more helpful medic assignments and BF5 is almost here. No teamplay oriented assignment should be locked behind 50+ hours of grinding.
                                                                      • skyro68
                                                                        4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
                                                                        edited August 2019
                                                                        Today dont work all assignments and specializations :(
                                                                        Fixed :)
                                                                        Post edited by skyro68 on