Total Noob Question

iano1978
620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited August 2017
Every now and again I hear an 'ominous chime' sound in game, something like a dull bell sound.
Can anyone let me know what this is? I tend to hear it a lot on Monte Grappa.

Comments

• x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    I believe it's a signal that the enemy team has picked up one of the sentry kits.
  • iano1978
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I believe it's a signal that the enemy team has picked up one of the sentry kits.

That makes sense, thanks for the reply.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Could also be squad order?
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017

I don't believe there is a sound when then enemy picks up a sentry kit. At least on the PC there is not. It could be you were nearby when the sentry kit spawned on the map and the notification for it being near you started but an enemy was camping the kit-spawn and picked it up at the exact same time.
  • Gmkillers
    1239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I get this and wondered what it was thought it was something up with my console.
  • Iamaforkead
    483 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I see rats on some of the maps, is that right.
    real rats running.
    and then I see some cockroaches, oh sorry that is the
    spawn campers.

squad orders, who da pluck, uses that extra points system?
  • Djoenz
    726 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    l_water_l wrote: »

I don't believe there is a sound when then enemy picks up a sentry kit. At least on the PC there is not. It could be you were nearby when the sentry kit spawned on the map and the notification for it being near you started but an enemy was camping the kit-spawn and picked it up at the exact same time.

No I don't necessarily think it has to be at the same time or exact.
  • V2Face
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Some sniper is checking into the fort on the hill.