Wall Jumping could be a problem...?

2»

Comments

• Thumper2671
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wall climbing was a much needed feature, especially for those mini fences you could never jump over in BF4. It has it's ups and downs, and hiding behind walls is now much more dangerous than it was. Still funny to see people walk around them, not knowing they can be climbed now.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Wall climbing was a much needed feature, especially for those mini fences you could never jump over in BF4. It has it's ups and downs, and hiding behind walls is now much more dangerous than it was. Still funny to see people walk around them, not knowing they can be climbed now.

Aww man after watching gameplay of BF1 it's so aggravating to go back to BF4 and not be able to climb eye level walls.
  • CrazyHorseHaka
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I want to watch EA/DICE team to vault a wall like that in real life fully geared. lol Go back to Motion school 101.
  • JonesMacGrath
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    If I understand this correctly you're worried about someone you engaged in a fight with climbing over the wall you hid behind to finish you off?
    -
    I'm not usually the first guy to jump to this argument, but get good. If you're hiding after retreating from a fight you already lost. Secondly while you're hiding it may be wise to listen and pay attention to your surroundings rather than eyeballing your health bar. Chances are you'll be able to spot him if he tries to climb over the wall, and while he's climbing he's going to be extra vulnerable.
    -
    And finally you've already stated you're not purchasing the game. I guess you might play through the vault or what ever it's called but your fears are pretty moot at this point.
  • Donyjr
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont like wall climbing idea, just because it makes everything too caotic. You simply cant predict from where enemey will come...
  • Rotank
    981 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I want to watch EA/DICE team to vault a wall like that in real life fully geared. lol Go back to Motion school 101.

Umm, it's quite easy to vault a wall if you can reach the top. Maybe not quite as fast as in game, but it's something anybody who's in moderate shape can do.

I've climbed mountains with a backpack and 1 week of supplies.

• CrazyHorseHaka
    edited July 2016
    Rotank wrote: »

Umm, it's quite easy to vault a wall if you can reach the top. Maybe not quite as fast as in game, but it's something anybody who's in moderate shape can do.

Show me a you tube video of EA/DICE doing it in real life with full gear on. But look at the video he isn't even sprinting towards the wall using Charge speeds. Plus if you look closer he is holding his body up with both arms while aiming his rifle with no arms holding his gun. Vaulting over a wall should use the charge button making it a vaulting over a wall. You need cons and pros to a FPS game.
  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm not usually the first guy to jump to this argument, but get good. If you're hiding after retreating from a fight you already lost. Secondly while you're hiding it may be wise to listen and pay attention to your surroundings rather than eyeballing your health bar. Chances are you'll be able to spot him if he tries to climb over the wall, and while he's climbing he's going to be extra vulnerable.

Lol, then why u jumping in this argument if u r not?! Funny telling... :p and no worries I'm good enough...if I die I die, where's the problem in BF u die. Once again for u, I stated that I didn't play the alpha, so I don't know how it works out and that someone who played shares his experience, that's it. The thing is the overall balance of this issue. And I wrote it COULD be a problem.

And for u also not buying doesn't mean not playing lel

• AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Your not buying BF1 so why worry about it? lol

Not buying doesn't mean not playing
  • Rotank

Show me a you tube video of EA/DICE doing it in real life with full gear on. But look at the video he isn't even sprinting towards the wall using Charge speeds. Plus if you look closer he is holding his body up with both arms while aiming his rifle with no arms holding his gun. Vaulting over a wall should use the charge button making it a vaulting over a wall. You need cons and pros to a FPS game.

Why does it need to be EA/DICE? I promise you that marines vault plenty of walls while outfitted for combat during training. Again, it's quickened and streamlined because it's a videogame, but anybody in the military can vault low walls with combat gear. And assuming you aren't a completely out of shape couch potato, you could probably do it - or train yourself to do it - too.
  • CrazyHorseHaka

Why does it need to be EA/DICE? I promise you that marines vault plenty of walls while outfitted for combat during training. Again, it's quickened and streamlined because it's a videogame, but anybody in the military can vault low walls with combat gear. And assuming you aren't a completely out of shape couch potato, you could probably do it - or train yourself to do it - too.

Last time i checked we had two arms not four arms. But maybe in ww1 all soldiers had four arms.
  • Rotank

Last time i checked we had two arms not four arms. But maybe in ww1 all soldiers had four arms.

How old are you, dude?
  • CrazyHorseHaka

How old are you, dude?

Old enough to know humans don't have four arms.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Before we tackle jumping over walls, I think we should first see if DICE has tackled the "tripping over roots and bricks" problem first.
  • Rotank

How old are you, dude?

But not old enough to understand that weapons can be strapped and slung?
  • TwinSp1re
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    Before we tackle jumping over walls, I think we should first see if DICE has tackled the "tripping over roots and bricks" problem first.

totally... thought if I remember right... BF3/4 had similar issues early on and later I dont' recall it being an issue... or maybe I just learned to stay away...
  • CrazyHorseHaka

How old are you, dude?

But not old enough to understand that weapons can be strapped and slung?

He is firing his weapon with out arms.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    TwinSp1re wrote: »

totally... thought if I remember right... BF3/4 had similar issues early on and later I dont' recall it being an issue... or maybe I just learned to stay away...

For me, I adapted by bunnyhopping all over the place and thereby avoiding "roots and bricks" on the ground.
    -
    I'd like to see DICE just remove the need to bunnyhop by negating the effects of such obstacles.
  • owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TwinSp1re wrote: »

For me, I adapted by bunnyhopping all over the place and thereby avoiding "roots and bricks" on the ground.
    -
    I'd like to see DICE just remove the need to bunnyhop by negating the effects of such obstacles.
    This is when a new mechanic could be implemented:
    If you walk on something that's too short to vault over but too high for you to walk on (buggy obstacles), your soldier would do 'high knees' to walk over it.