Are behemoths weak or is it the players fault?

13»

Comments

• kaliyl777
    1958 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    A behemoth cant overcome a superior team force, so in those terms i would say neither the behemoth or those operating are at fault.
  • Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If they were ANY stronger the salt avalanche here would be legendary.
  • Skill4Reel
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Behemoths should not be in the game. They are only a shiny prize for the losing team to get cheap free kills with. In no way, should something like this be able to determine the outcome of a game. If that was the case, being on a good team would be so unrewarding and pointless.

Well...that is the discussion we are having, and as you can see from many of the responses in this thread. The behemoths in most cases do not determine the outcome of the match. I personally think that they were a great idea just because they look really cool, and I like seeing them appear during the match. This is a video game after all, and I want as much extra eye candy in my battle experience as possible.

• SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Skill4Reel wrote: »
    Behemoths should not be in the game. They are only a shiny prize for the losing team to get cheap free kills with. In no way, should something like this be able to determine the outcome of a game. If that was the case, being on a good team would be so unrewarding and pointless.

Well...that is the discussion we are having, and as you can see from many of the responses in this thread. The behemoths in most cases do not determine the outcome of the match. I personally think that they were a great idea just because they look really cool, and I like seeing them appear during the match. This is a video game after all, and I want as much extra eye candy in my battle experience as possible.

Eye candy? Sure, they are that, and I have seen them turn a game on occasion. But imagine them being powerful to the point that they actually turned a lot more games. Would that seem fair, when an inferior team constantly wins because of some reward they get for being trash, sniping on rocks and sitting in a blimp the whole game?

Doesn't sound like that would be fun to me. The most fun games I've played were when the score stayed pretty even and there was no behemoth at all. A behemoth is not the solution to closer games. It's a bandaid to the team-balancing problem.
  • GrizzGolf
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Players do dumb things to lose them so quickly
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have 9 comebacks by Behemoth in over 2,000 games of Conquest. I count them. Dreadnaught once, Zep. twice and train the rest. So they effect the outcome less than 1% of the time and pad the stats of the wining team.

The Behemoths are also glitchy. As a driver I have seen brand new arrived trains that will not drive or shoot the main gun. I had a Dreadnaught once that I spawned in new and it was facing backwards and the main cannon would only point out to sea. The Zep now always lasts less than 5 minutes. And the Zeps guns are worthless. Massive bullet drop and you get shot out of them always.
  • Skill4Reel
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Eye candy? Sure, they are that, and I have seen them turn a game on occasion. But imagine them being powerful to the point that they actually turned a lot more games. Would that seem fair, when an inferior team constantly wins because of some reward they get for being trash, sniping on rocks and sitting in a blimp the whole game?

Doesn't sound like that would be fun to me. The most fun games I've played were when the score stayed pretty even and there was no behemoth at all. A behemoth is not the solution to closer games. It's a bandaid to the team-balancing problem.

If behemoths were the kind of gimmicks that allowed for instant comebacks, then I could understand why people would want them removed from the game. This however is clearly not the case. I give DICE credit for implementing these powerful and nice to look at vehicles into matches, and still making sure that the same knowledge/skill of how to win that is needed before these behemoths are on the Battlefield is required afterwards by the players that are using them.

You are right. Behemoths are not the solution to closer games. Good competent objective focused players on both teams are, but the behemoths at least add a different dimension to the battle that was not there before. There really is no negative to the behemoths being on the Battlefield other than having to suffer from repeated cheap mortar kills from them, and even those don't instantly turn the game around for the losing team.
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just a killfarm machine to compensate for your team sucking big time. I'll hop in the gunnerseat and rack up some free kills I guess
  • Trokey66
    9136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely the players fault, or more specifically, the drivers fault.

I think I have had a lot more games where the Behemoth Dosen't spawn than one turning a game round but it does happen. They can be powerful with a decent crew but never guarantee a turn round.

For me, they are a welcome addition that can add a different dynamic.

There are issues though.....

As @disposalist says, all behemoths should have a dedicated spawn seat (well, apart.from the Dreadnought!).

You should NOT be able to be shot out of Airship gunner seats. Destroy them, yes but not be shot out of them.
  • DogMella
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I can take out the airship in 12 passes with a fighter and the bomber killer package. Two runs blows up a part and that takes off a 6th of the airship's health.

The behemoths are rubbish, can't turn a game around and a re a mild irritation at best. The only really quite good one is the Char2C. That thing wrecks
  • StingrayX
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    99% of the time it is the players fault. I always try to jump in as soon as I can because I know that 9 times out of 10, the driver will just be sitting there doing nothing. There really should be a vote to kick option for Behemoth drivers. They really can win the game from a far loss if used right.
  • SchlepRock019
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, if the behemoth takes 5 or 6 players to operate and draws the attention of 8 or 9 or more opposing players, that should leave the team with the behemoth an advantage on the objectives. I've been a part of a few comebacks using the behemoth. It can be helpful on Monte Grappa and Ballroom. The issue is the players not using it correctly and the players not taking advantage of all the attention it draws. The very few times it's made a difference, it's because the ground troops get busy and take a few flags back. The issue I usually see is that it's driven to the middle of the map and used as a launching pad for snipers to get on top of buildings that are usually inaccessible. On Ballroom, it can be really good or really bad depending on the team using it. It's just the players playing TDM in a Conquest match.
  • obisearch
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've won a match driving the char 2c, you start realising how poor most drivers are when you start having command yourself and realising you can play smart. Simply by positioning in a field between a and b then rolling between points we crippled any opposition tanks spawning behind a and picked off any assualt coming through. The rest of the team capped the other spots.
    Tanks are two shot with the char and they are disabled they honestly stood no chance.

Note. The behomoth came early because we were losing badly at the start and lasted 2/3 of match.

So for me players are the problem. The blip is honestly powerful but crew and driver need to be in sync. AA guns are priority I don't get why ppl don't understand this. With he explosive rounds they can be disabled quickly. Drivers need to stop acting stupid too, they should be making a b line for AA guns that are out of range intially as those AA hit with impunity. Drivers need to angle so all guns can shoot.

Honestly a little brain makes behemoths deadly
  • Lykosia
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xSha3nx wrote: »
    Not weak... We know how to play.

Remember in the Beta - Open where we were complaining about the OP tanks because we do not know how to play.
    xSha3nx wrote: »
    Not weak... We know how to play.

Remember in the Beta - Open where we were complaining about the OP tanks because we do not know how to play.

Tanks, especially FT17, were nerfed after the beta. Also player progression in Beta was bugged and people weren't able to unlock rocket gun until Dice unlocked it for everyone.
  • CostanzaStan
    220 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    players in behemoths ALWAYS use them to farm kills and not play objectives because they are 90% chance going to lose the game anyway. That's the problem.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    players in behemoths ALWAYS use them to farm kills and not play objectives because they are 90% chance going to lose the game anyway. That's the problem.

That's the problem with the behemoths. If they were too game changing then that would be totally unfair to the winning sides up to the point of their introduction. So the behemoths themselves are weak gamechangers - it's stil up to the losing team to turn the game around rather than an all conquering behemoth, so they are just used to get some easy kills at the end of a round.

The principle behind the behemoths works well in Operations, though i think they should only appear once, but not in conquest.
  • obisearch
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017

That's the problem with the behemoths. If they were too game changing then that would be totally unfair to the winning sides up to the point of their introduction. So the behemoths themselves are weak gamechangers - it's stil up to the losing team to turn the game around rather than an all conquering behemoth, so they are just used to get some easy kills at the end of a round.

The principle behind the behemoths works well in Operations, though i think they should only appear once, but not in conquest.

It appears in conquest to stop rage quitters. If you played b4 conquest it's shocking how quickly the enemy thins out after a 5 mins if your dominating (or being dominated). Often after most games I'm fighting with 5 guys who stick it out against a full roster of farmers and spawn campers
    Behemoths is supposed to stop that happening.
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've seen countless times on Argonne forest operations the last couple of objectives. Infantry takes B and all the train has to do is move on to A and cap it with the train in order for us to take the sector.

But no, the train driver rather hang back so as to not take any damage and farm kills. (And then get utterly destroyed anyway from all the enemies coming from A)
  • Skill4Reel
    This video represents what the behemoths are supposed to be used for, and how a team can use it to stay in the game, and possibly win. If you watch the entire video, it clearly shows that the behemoth did not win us the match. It helped our team in doing what we were already trying to do in the first place. That is maintain objective control.

It just further proves what myself and others have said in this topic already. That behemoths don't help teams that aren't already fighting for map control, and doing whatever they can to keep the score close. This was one of the most memorable matches that I remember playing all year just because both teams were in it to win it, and you can see the results.