Call of Duty: WW2 Gameplay

Vespervin
1196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

This video has made me excited for the beta. I'm happy that this year's Call of Duty doesn't have that 'advanced' movement nonsense. Now I can once again enjoy having a few beers, firing up Call of Duty, and playing a few fast paced, arcade action rounds.

Comments

• HonestSoul333
    1394 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Im having mixed feelings on it. While I have yet to see anything that will be a turn off, I cant help but feel something is.. off...

Not exactly sure what it is, but to me the game looks like a BO3 reskin without super jumps. Which i guess is to be expected because same engine and all, but idk.
  • Troopperfofo
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Meh I would much rather play Call of Duty 3. Ever since it got backwards compatible I have been able to find games and I find its large maps ( overly complex with Fuel plant) and slow clunky gameplay to be much more enjoyable than new call of duties.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Vespervin wrote: »

This video has made me excited for the beta. I'm happy that this year's Call of Duty doesn't have that 'advanced' movement nonsense. Now I can once again enjoy having a few beers, firing up Call of Duty, and playing a few fast paced, arcade action rounds.

No recoil Wtf play real games.......

Post edited by xenome111 on
  • Professor_Memes
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Im having mixed feelings on it. While I have yet to see anything that will be a turn off, I cant help but feel something is.. off...

Not exactly sure what it is, but to me the game looks like a BO3 reskin without super jumps. Which i guess is to be expected because same engine and all, but idk.

Agreed, it feels more like a WWII skin of another COD than a true WWII game. Although I don't really feel a close quarters arcade game is the best way to depict WWII.
  • xenome111
    edited August 2017

Agreed, it feels more like a WWII skin of another COD than a true WWII game. Although I don't really feel a close quarters arcade game is the best way to depict WWII.

Professor!!!! any memes?
  • Vespervin
    1196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    xenome111 wrote: »

Did you not read my post. Why would I play a 'real game' like Escape from Tarkov when I want mindless, fast-paced arcade action while I'm drunk?
  • xenome111

Did you not read my post. Why would I play a 'real game' like Escape from Tarkov when I want mindless, fast-paced arcade action while I'm drunk?

LOL when I'm drunk I play real video games when I'm not I engage in real life.
  • Professor_Memes
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Professor!!!! any memes?

sorry m8 you'll need to enroll in classes to acquire free memes
  • HonestSoul333
    1394 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017

Yea i agree. I also noticed a lot of the maps we have seen are small very vertical. Which seems odd for a boots on ground game. Lots of high spots and low spots. And not many open areas. Basically unrealistic looking cramped environments.

Hopefully there will be maps that we arent seeing that wont be like this as much.
  • OprahSpreadEagle
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I will buy it.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    lmao at the people like "It looks like just another CoD game with a WWII theme".

Uh...

Call of Duty: WWII

Call of Duty

WW2

Like Battlefield 1 isn't just a Battlefield game with a WW1 theme.

You know, cause god forbid a Call of Duty game represent what Call of Duty has been for over the past decade. /s

It's just like the people that saw the shift in setting from BF4 to BF1 and expected BF1 to be an entirely different game focused on entirely different gameplay just because it was a historical setting instead of a modern setting. It's still a Battlefield game, and CoDWW2 is still a CoD game.
  • HonestSoul333
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    lmao at the people like "It looks like just another CoD game with a WWII theme".

Uh...

Call of Duty

WW2

You know, cause god forbid a Call of Duty game represent what Call of Duty has been for over the past decade. /s

It's just like the people that saw the shift in setting from BF4 to BF1 and expected BF1 to be an entirely different game focused on entirely different gameplay just because it was a historical setting instead of a modern setting. It's still a Battlefield game, and CoDWW2 is still a CoD game.

Fair point i suppose. Just odd seeing a classic theme with modern CoD map design and stuff.
  • Professor_Memes

Uh...

Call of Duty

WW2

Don't get me wrong, I think this will be the best COD in a long time, and probably the first in 5 years I'll even consider buying. There were only a couple maps shown in the multiplayer trailer that just felt like they could have been taken out of Black Ops to me. There were a few that did seem really interesting.
  • Vespervin

Uh...

Call of Duty

WW2

Don't get me wrong, I think this will be the best COD in a long time, and probably the first in 5 years I'll even consider buying. There were only a couple maps shown in the multiplayer trailer that just felt like they could have been taken out of Black Ops to me. There were a few that did seem really interesting.

I wouldn't mind if this game is more like the Black Ops games to be honest. I loved both Black Ops and Black Ops II and Black Ops III was the only game with the 'advanced' movement that I actually enjoyed.
  • crabman169
    12780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds
    Animations
    Cringe
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Looks just as boring as every other COD.

*I wonder when people will finally get tired of reskinning the same game over and over again.
  • HonestSoul333
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Sounds
    Lol i had a friend who once said some of CoD's gun sound effects, sounded like paper flipping.
  • Vespervin
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Sounds
    Lol i had a friend who once said some of CoD's gun sound effects, sounded like paper flipping.

Sounds accurate to me. All that money and they can't invest into decent sound design. Activism are so stingy.
  • OprahSpreadEagle
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They do manage to get more than 1 DLC out a year unlike EA. They make a lot of content in a timely manner and they do make a game a year at the very least, i like that a lot. Could you imagine if EA was capable of making a WORKING Battlefield every year? They can't otherwise they would. You can say what you want about CoD but their games work for the most part and they don't need a fake CTE three years after a game is released to distract from the real problems. So a gun doesn't sound great but it works as intended. I will stop now but you get the idea.
  • Prep768
    3076 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love the era but after watching that video I'm even more sceptical about getting this. The flame thrower animation is really bad, sound effects of the weapons are pretty sub par and the lack of vehicles to me distance Cod from Bf1 in terms of authentic war battle experience.

May have a go if there is an open beta, but I'll have my sceptical plant's on