Lupkow Pass initial thoughts???

IIRogueMachineII
1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
My initial thoughts on lupkow pass based on the CTE and in the full games is that while it's a good map and it's new I don't think it's going to be the best and could probably be the least popular of the DLC. Brusilovs keep in my opinion is better and Albion looks better and provides something different. Plus the new map revealed at gamescom looks amazing.

Comments

• INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 2017
    sniper heaven
    lack of transport vehicles is annoying, but the layout doesn't suit them
    some internal buildings are WAAAAY too dark and need adjusting
    horse can be annoying, but there's loads to climb and avoid on the whole
    too much focus on C and D, but I stay clear from there, too much of a meat grinder

overall I like it, looks awesome too
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's a crappy camp fest. To me it's the worst map this gen.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4737 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most people liked Nivelle when it first came out. I think it was relief for new content. Then we realised it was terrible in the days after. It's deeply worrying to get such adverse reaction on day one. It's not like the CTE forums were complaining about the issues beforehand though ;-)
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sniper heaven
    lack of transport vehicles is annoying, but the layout doesn't suit them
    some internal buildings are WAAAAY too dark and need adjusting
    horse can be annoying, but there's loads to climb and avoid on the whole
    too much focus on C and D, but I stay clear from there, too much of a meat grinder

overall I like it, looks awesome too

Every map has there main fought over flags, but this one is heavily about c and d. Mainly due to the fact there the highpoints.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    APBT wrote: »

Its going to be a camping snipers dream. way too many places for them to camp. Definitely not going to be the best map of game thats for sure.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    Most people liked Nivelle when it first came out. I think it was relief for new content. Then we realised it was terrible in the days after. It's deeply worrying to get such adverse reaction on day one. It's not like the CTE forums were complaining about the issues beforehand though ;-)

I haven't played many rounds today most of my view comes from the CTE and i just didn't enjoy. It has a weird ability to feel to big but also too small????!!!! No idea how? The fact that this is the initial released map shows that probably dice know its not going to be a popular one. Like i said Brusilov and Albion look far better in terms of lay out and play. Only played Brusilov a few times and lost everytime but was way more fun than lupkow.
  • WingNutR
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    I play this game on a standard PS4 and from what I've seen so far, Lupkow Pass is an ok map. Playing conquest was where the best for this map is at, with team deathmatch the playable area is just too small.

Another gripe of this map is from the blurred graphics used. Not sure if it's due to low resolution or deliberate blurring, but I feel like I need to put on glasses to play this map. Gives me a headache after a while as I am constantly struggling and trying to focus my eyes to no avail. Definately not a map to play over and over.

I watched the Gamescom footage earlier of the new Battlefield1 map, again I wasn't impressed either.

To be fair I was never enthused by snowy maps, I wasn't in previous Battlefield games either. Looking at a blanket of white just doesn't excite or inspire. To me it just looks like a quick way to throw out some maps and not have to make the maps look amazing.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Absolutely one of the worst maps they have ever released. I came around to really liking Neville, and the others have their times for DLC.

This one is just HUGE with no transport lol. So easy to get left behind on first spawn. And then you are toast. And the better shooting team will always win this one. Trash tier design. Waste of a lot of time just running in this.

How in the world does this get through CTE, the exact process that is supposed to fix maps like this?
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WingNutR wrote: »
    I play this game on a standard PS4 and from what I've seen so far, Lupkow Pass is an ok map. Playing conquest was where the best for this map is at, with team deathmatch the playable area is just too small.

Another gripe of this map is from the blurred graphics used. Not sure if it's due to low resolution or deliberate blurring, but I feel like I need to put on glasses to play this map. Gives me a headache after a while as I am constantly struggling and trying to focus my eyes to no avail. Definately not a map to play over and over.

I watched the Gamescom footage earlier of the new Battlefield1 map, again I wasn't impressed either.

To be fair I was never enthused by snowy maps, I wasn't in previous Battlefield games either. Looking at a blanket of white just doesn't excite or inspire. To me it just looks like a quick way to throw out some maps and not have to make the maps look amazing.

This map is terrible in Conquest lol. You are literally running half the time, and getting shot by a sniper 25% of the time. What in the world could possibly rate this map okay? There are no transports?

At least give us a bunch of trucks.
  • llIBertIll
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    APBT wrote: »

Its going to be a camping snipers dream. way too many places for them to camp. Definitely not going to be the best map of game thats for sure.

Yes there are plenty of places for snipers to camp but not sure any of them are any good. Have found it way too easy to troll them so far
  • H3rr_Trigg3r
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pretty much what I said after playing it in the CTE. Boring camper fest heaven for snipers. No tanks, a plane, and some horses. Bad map.
  • Khronikos
    Pretty much what I said after playing it in the CTE. Boring camper fest heaven for snipers. No tanks, a plane, and some horses. Bad map.

What the hell are they thinking with such limited transport options? How are the complaints in CTE not doing anything to make this a better map?
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unfortunately I havent played the map yet.... I must say it takes somehow the fun off the new content by first releasing gamefootage from the CTE and then releasing 1 map ahead of the full DLC.... Its like the news-value of ITNOTT is already worn off and it hasnt even released yet... :-(

• IIRogueMachineII
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I havent played the map yet.... I must say it takes somehow the fun off the new content by first releasing gamefootage from the CTE and then releasing 1 map ahead of the full DLC.... Its like the news-value of ITNOTT is already worn off and it hasnt even released yet... :-(

Have to agree with that. Didn't play it much on the CTE to not spoil it as this game has got stale with little new additions but this isn't a great new addition.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    Dice's vision for this map is admirable and the idea in theory is good but practically it doesn't lead to great enjoyment. I think they've made it to narrow and to condensed. This would probably of worked better as a infantry only with maybe an armoured car instead of horses.
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dice's vision for this map is admirable and the idea in theory is good but practically it doesn't lead to great enjoyment. I think they've made it to narrow and to condensed. This would probably of worked better as a infantry only with maybe an armoured car instead of horses.

with the current driving physics, they'd be impossible to drive across the map, you'd instantly get stuck on everything and just end up ditching the vehicle
  • IIRogueMachineII

with the current driving physics, they'd be impossible to drive across the map, you'd instantly get stuck on everything and just end up ditching the vehicle

But something needs to change because having no vehicles but having horses on effectively an infantry only map doesn't make sense. Its a strange map as it feels condensed but also too big. I'm also not a massive cavalry fan either.
  • purpleflump
    260 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't like it
  • INCUBA3E-BF

But something needs to change because having no vehicles but having horses on effectively an infantry only map doesn't make sense. Its a strange map as it feels condensed but also too big. I'm also not a massive cavalry fan either.

well if people used bombers more, you'd have airborne spawn points