Weekly Debrief

Option to Turn Off Music

AFROSRB
317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited September 2016
Like the title says,

Please give us for BF1 the option to turn off the Main Menu Music or in general all music which also includes the music while loading screen.
Battlefront has this option too, so this isn't a problem for frostbite.
In BF4 it's very annoying to be forced to listen this depth sound in the menu.
And please don't tell me anyone to turn off my hifi or TV, because doing this every time is even more annoying. If people don't want to listen to any kind of music they should have the option to turn it off. Thank you!
Post edited by AFROSRB on

Comments

• Say_Hellr
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    How long do you stay in the menu to be annoyed by it?!?! My goodness, does it take you an hour to find a server? How about you plug your ears, maybe that'll solve the problem...
  • GalaxyMix
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with OP
  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Say_Hellr wrote: »
    How long do you stay in the menu to be annoyed by it?!?! My goodness, does it take you an hour to find a server? How about you plug your ears, maybe that'll solve the problem...

It was clear that someone has a problem with it, what does it disturbed you that some people don't want any kind of music?! Oh man, if you want some you get some, but don't tell others what to do or force them if they don't want it! I don't want it basta, mind your own business and I mind my own. Damn, how dictatorial some humans can be. The problem is solved when people stop talking nonsense and stop offending others, because they are causing problems where no problem has been yet.
  • Say_Hellr
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    AFROSRB wrote: »
    It was clear that someone has a problem with it, what does it disturbed you that some people don't want any kind of music?! Oh man, if you want some you get some, but don't tell others what to do or force them if they don't want it! I don't want it basta, mind your own business and I mind my own. Damn, how dictatorial some humans can be. The problem is solved when people stop talking nonsense and stop offending others, because they are causing problems where no problem has been yet.

I can sense that I touched a soft spot so I'll ease up. What I take you original post is to put dev time in muting sound. Okay fair, but when problems that actually detract from the game and causing die-hard bugs in the game, suggestion like these become very annoying to see. Nothing against your suggestion, just very annoying to see things like this implement but not seeing region locks on console...

Open forum bro, I can state my opinion, you can state yours (should get hurt speaking to a keyboard warrior)...
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    Battlefront had it because of copyright music.
  • AFROSRB
    edited May 2016
    I can sense that I touched a soft spot so I'll ease up.
    What do you think after mocking me with your words "plugin ears"?!
    There is no need and no benefit at all in it, you only can sow hatred in people hearts with it.
    Nothing against your suggestion, just very annoying to see things like this implement but not seeing region locks on console...
    1st "plugging ears", then nothing against...LEL.
    So additional Servers, like in middle east for instance and region lock is an issue yes, what I'm already supporting on other threads. And option to turn off the music isn't the biggest thing regarding time, if I'm not wrong.
    Open forum bro, I can state my opinion, you can state yours (should get hurt speaking to a keyboard warrior)...

There was no opinion stated, just mocking, and for that I can't have tolerance, sorry

Post edited by AFROSRB on
  • BaronVonGoon
    6783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2016
    Why would you do such a thing. The music is what puts people in the mood to play. This is not Tetris.
  • AFROSRB
    edited May 2016
    Nobel83-9 wrote: »
    Why would you do such a thing. The music is what puts people in the mood to play. This is not Tetris.

I already answered

And there are enough people that are not getting in mood and simply want the option to turn it off, that's it
  • AFROSRB
    edited May 2016

• AFROSRB

In the Audio Settings of Battlefront, there is the option for the music to be turned off or on, I just checked once again. The issue I'm addressing isn't related to copyright, it's just about turning off and on. The option is there and that's what counts, because it's possible with frostbite and it can be included. So I'm asking for all those who simply don't want to listen to any music. People shouldn't be forced to listen to it if they don't want it. And this is not complicated. I know when Battlefront launched, it didn't have that option, after a patch it was available. The thing is, it is possible, so I'm asking for it kindly, nothing more nothing less.
  • Say_Hellr
    What do you think after mocking me with your words "plugin ears"?!
    There is no need and no benefit at all in it, you only can sow hatred in people hearts with it.

Seems as if I hit a very soft spot...
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer

In the Audio Settings of Battlefront, there is the option for the music to be turned off or on, I just checked once again. The issue I'm addressing isn't related to copyright, it's just about turning off and on. The option is there and that's what counts, because it's possible with frostbite and it can be included. So I'm asking for all those who simply don't want to listen to any music. People shouldn't be forced to listen to it if they don't want it. And this is not complicated. I know when Battlefront launched, it didn't have that option, after a patch it was available. The thing is, it is possible, so I'm asking for it kindly, nothing more nothing less.

Right, and that option was added in later because of the music getting people hammered on youtube. Also, I am not sure what music you are talking about, the loading screen music before a match?
  • AFROSRB
    edited May 2016

Right, and that option was added in later because of the music getting people hammered on youtube. Also, I am not sure what music you are talking about, the loading screen music before a match?

Aha, ok, oh man YT and their or certain countries policies lol. Yes it would include this also, and the main menu music

• BaronVonGoon
    6783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nobel83-9 wrote: »

I already answered

And there are enough people that are not getting in mood and simply want the option to turn it off, that's it

Well I hate 99% of music myself so I understand. Instrumentals, movie themes and game themes are the only ones I enjoy.
  • 2LT-Parts
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    The music in menu doesn't bother me but I wish I could turn off music while playing.
  • Shadowmane01
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member

I turn the music off in every game I have so yes please.
  • Sarba_Hiro
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

I turn the music off in every game I have so yes please.

Same here. Please add this option.
  • drumscarinbr
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People kept complaining about the modern music in BF3 & BF4. In BF1 DICE put forth a lot of effort to use orchestrated epic-ness..........and you want to be able to mute it??????

Shut the F up.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Say_Hellr wrote: »

lol
  • DaRapids
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I dont understand why this is debate? With the abundance of customization in the video and gameplay i don't see why any of the audio settings cant be tuned a bit.
This discussion has been closed.