Battleship Drivers!

Claypole1
386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I just played a game of Fao Fortress, we were getting beaten and had the dubious fortune to get the Behemoth. I spawned on at found myself on the big gun at the back.

The driver spent the remainder of the game back near our own spawn with the ship pointing directly at the land. The rear gun only points towards the rear, so was no use to anybody.

So, Battleship drivers, please make an effort to position the ship so that all the guns get to be used. If you're going to give up on winning the game and just want to farm some cheap kills, at least let the rest of us have some fun too.

Comments

• ThePunisher_be
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Idiots, idiots everywhere. Nothing you can do about it.

Even Westie points his battleship directly to the battle...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tq8pxsema38

• magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not many have the chance to test every position in every behemoth.i for example, have never piloted the char 2c,and only managed to pilot the blimp and train twice in over 600 hours.
    With the boat yes the driver needs to points almost toward open sea. Driver has a bigger view radius than the rear gunner so you'll be fine.
    The problem will always be the two morons on the sides shootin at gulls.
  • MurfCr
    1031 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    I have seen some people drive it onto shore. The Dreadnaught can be very effective if used right.
    1. Don't move to close to shore, try to hug the white line on the game map or just outside the Field Gun range.
    2. Position ship at a broad side so all main guns can pepper a target.
    3. On maps with coast guns Emp. Edge. Take out Turrets FIRST.
    4. Position ship on map so most of the Flags are in range. Example: Fao , sitting just outside of the field gun range on fort just off of B flag.
    5. AA gunners that understand that the guns are just out of range of land and need to shoot planes and boats.
    I have racked up veh. destroys just shooting planes and boats.
  • Claypole1
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is very annoying for the AA gunners in the ship to be trying to take out individuals on land whilst the torpedo boats are wrecking us...
  • cracksteady
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    agreed clay... The AA can't see the torpedo boats if they are in front of the ship, but you can shoot the AA guns straight through the dreadnaught and hit those boats... same goes for the train... a lot of players don't know you can shoot through.
  • Claypole1
    agreed clay... The AA can't see the torpedo boats if they are in front of the ship, but you can shoot the AA guns straight through the dreadnaught and hit those boats... same goes for the train... a lot of players don't know you can shoot through.
    Yep, and the AA guns make short work of the boats...
  • Prep768
    3476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Lol, I watched that a while ago and shouted at the screen :s
    TURN THE BOAT MAN!!!!!!

A fair point is that players rarely get to drive it let alone be in it, t hey may not know the arc range of each weapon either.

The rear cannon is a very useful asset to waste
  • cracksteady
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Prep768 wrote: »

Lol, I watched that a while ago and shouted at the screen :s
    TURN THE BOAT MAN!!!!!!

A fair point is that players rarely get to drive it let alone be in it, t hey may not know the arc range of each weapon either.

The rear cannon is a very useful asset to waste

OMG I remember one game I literally raged ... just absolutely raged because the driver wouldn't just slightly turn the boat so I could hit the objective with my cannons, I was just barely out of range of hitting entire squads. I sent him a message telling him to drive, he replied with "why", So I join his squad and try to explain this whole charade. Come to find out its some twelve year old that can barely comprehend left from right, he was just so stuck on shooting HIS cannons to realize there were a set of cannons in the back that couldn't reach their targets. I rage quit after 15 minutes of dealing with this...