Call of Duty WWII beta......sad :(

Squirrel_trip
194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
The Call of Duty WWII beta sucks for many reasons:

1. The maps are way too small. They make me feel inclosed in a small space.....

2. Player count is only 6 vs 6

3. No Hardcore game mode... :( (No minimap servers please)

4. Feels like the last CoD they made without the double jump and jet packs. I played the last CoDs beta and thought it was a crappy cartoon like game and skiiped.
This is 2017 and small maps with 6 vs 6 is not going to cut it. CoDWWII needs at least 24 vs 24 for all game modes and 32 vs 32 "groundwar" otherwise Battlefield is better.

I was a huge fan of CoD 2 for years......this game is crap in comparison.
You should of just remade a combination of CoD 1 and CoD 2 with the same weapons, feel, and visuals. Leave the cartoons alone and make games look more realistic.
Then you remove the historic symbols that make the game feel more realistic and historically accurate. You gave in to the politically correct and that is sad. Just look how great CoD 2 and Medal of Honor Allied Assault made you feel.....I miss that. The good old days. :)

Anyways this is my thoughts after day one of beta.
I am 80% sure i will cancel my preorder as of now.
Feels like a letdown sadly. I wanted this game to be awesome. O well.....

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    6959 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    Maybe a stupid question, I've never cancelled a pre-order: Anybody know if I can pre-order the game on the PSN store in order to get access to the beta and then cancel my pre-order after?

I may keep the pre-order if I like the game but I doubt I'll like it enough.
  • Toxic_CA
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    You can NOT cancel a pre order on psn unless it is required in your state

You may however get a one time leeway but i wouldnt try it

Since you're asking about psn im assuming you're using a credit card or something along the lines of it. You could always create an amazon account and pre order it get the code and cancel
    Post edited by Toxic_CA on
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ugh preorder to play beta is such a lame gimmik.

On the bright side however, all the people who pay for it can tell us how good or bad the game is.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6959 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'll just pre-order on Amazon and cancel after the beta. You can pre-order safely there and cancel after since they don't charge your credit till after release.
  • wsupchris1222444
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've lost faith in cod after black ops 3, I gave in and pre ordered so I could get the beta code because the black ops series is my favorite. What a let down that was. I find it pretty bs that you have to pre order to get early access codes, but from what I remember you might not even need to get the pre order, cod emailed me 2 codes to give to friends.
  • rock1obsta
    3813 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tell me they didn't eliminate a certain symbol on a certain enemy country's uniform just to appease a certain group of whiny liberal snowflakes.

Please tell me that is not happening.
  • Tmpst
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Think you've picked the wrong forums. :D

@rock1obsta They didn't, obviously because they can't manage having alternative textures for the countries where they're it's potentially legally risky to use the icons (like Germany, Austria, and a few other countries). Plus I guess they didn't want to see anyone actively playing on Germany's side. But then again they could just make it so the local player is always allied, but then again…

If you haven't done so, check out their bayonet charge animation with the rifle right over their shoulder/head. ;)
  • BaconRebellion
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is what I posted in another thread

I spent $0.25 on the reservation and felt it was too much. I really dont believe this game is anywhere near retail yet. There are still so many things they need to work on to make this a balanced, and good game. The fact this game took 3 years for them to make, and it looks like they spent 6 months on it is kinda sad.

Its not a fun game. TDM is absolute trash, which is what people tend to play COD for. Its easy to be spawn trapped and the matchmaking is terrible as it puts all the good players on one team. Not to mention its still filled with corner campers and drop shoters.

The controls are sluggish, and I shouldn't have to adjust my sensitivity up to 10 to be decent. The maps are decent enough, but many still feel like theyre straight from CoD 2 or 3.

For those who thought that the grenade spam in Battlefield 1 in its early days was terrible, and atrocious, please stay away from CoDWWII then, because nearly every other death was by random grenades. Just throw a cooked grenade in a random direction and youre guaranteed a kill.

Guns feel very inconsistent too. I wouldn't even say weak, because you can start shooting the enemy first, but theyll turn around and kill you with the same gun youre using. Iron sights are terrible as well. I cant even tell what I'm looking at when I ADS. Theyre just tiny. Also dont get me started on how long it takes to reload the Lewis Gun......

The only thing I enjoyed about the beta in the few matches I played, was the War mode, which comes retail will probably be dominated by tryhard clans.

Its nothing impressive. It still plays the same as the past CoD games, and it really isnt anything special or amazing. Its mediocre at best. I dont think Im going to miss much by skipping it. Glad I played the beta.

The more I play it the more and more disappointed I am with it. Which is odd since I wasnt expecting much from it in the first place.
  • Loqtrall
    12083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    6v6 on small maps? Sounds like what CoD has been for the better part of 10 years.

It's hilarious how many people are mad that CoD WWII is actually a CoD game, and not something completely different. You'd think it was a part of a franchise or something....

You were a huge fan of CoD 2? Dude, it sounds like you haven't touched a CoD game SINCE CoD 2.
    This is what I posted in another thread

I spent $0.25 on the reservation and felt it was too much. I really dont believe this game is anywhere near retail yet. There are still so many things they need to work on to make this a balanced, and good game. The fact this game took 3 years for them to make, and it looks like they spent 6 months on it is kinda sad.

Its not a fun game. TDM is absolute trash, which is what people tend to play COD for. Its easy to be spawn trapped and the matchmaking is terrible as it puts all the good players on one team. Not to mention its still filled with corner campers and drop shoters.

The controls are sluggish, and I shouldn't have to adjust my sensitivity up to 10 to be decent. The maps are decent enough, but many still feel like theyre straight from CoD 2 or 3.

For those who thought that the grenade spam in Battlefield 1 in its early days was terrible, and atrocious, please stay away from CoDWWII then, because nearly every other death was by random grenades. Just throw a cooked grenade in a random direction and youre guaranteed a kill.

Guns feel very inconsistent too. I wouldn't even say weak, because you can start shooting the enemy first, but theyll turn around and kill you with the same gun youre using. Iron sights are terrible as well. I cant even tell what I'm looking at when I ADS. Theyre just tiny. Also dont get me started on how long it takes to reload the Lewis Gun......

The only thing I enjoyed about the beta in the few matches I played, was the War mode, which comes retail will probably be dominated by tryhard clans.

Its nothing impressive. It still plays the same as the past CoD games, and it really isnt anything special or amazing. Its mediocre at best. I dont think Im going to miss much by skipping it. Glad I played the beta.

The more I play it the more and more disappointed I am with it. Which is odd since I wasnt expecting much from it in the first place.

For one, Domination and SnD are usually the most played gametypes in CoD, not only are the among the most popular for pubs, SnD is a key gamemode in competitive and GB playlists, and TDM has been trashy pubstomp fodder in CoD since MW2. It's solely a game mode to see who can get the better part of 100 kills per team.

Secondly, you can't criticize a game because of "corner campers and drop shotters", that's the way people are playing the game. Blame the players. Campers and drop shotters exist in many games, not just CoD, and have existed in CoD games way before WWII.

And you have to set your sensitivity up to 10 to be decent? I literally watched a stream where a 6-man team was made up of all 4 members of OpTic Gaming's competitive scene, and two other prominent pro players - and EVERY one of them was playing with their sensitivity on 4, and they were doing amazing. I'm pretty sure OpTic Scump's first match on WWII ever was on 5 sensitivity and he went something like 33-4.

Most of the complaints people are making about this game are subjective at most, over-exaggeration at least.

Nothing in the beta should be taken to heart anyway. There was SO MUCH changed between the Black Ops 3 beta and release that it was nuts. Some guns were completely re-balanced. I guarantee the Lewis reload won't be as long at release, the STG won't be as laser accurate, and a myriad of other issues will be ironed out.
    Post edited by Loqtrall on
  • AldirTheBlood
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 2017
    "The more I play it the more and more disappointed I am with it."

This has been almost every shooter for me since 07. Battlefield and CoD are the top of the heap because they're casual shooters for the mindless twitch crowd. And as long as people keep buying them they'll keep churning out the same bland garbage every year or so. Its been ten years since the last good CoD and almost eight years since the last decent Battlefield. That says a lot about the current market.
  • Loqtrall
    12083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This has been almost every shooter for me since 07. Battlefield and CoD are the top of the heap because they're casual shooters for the mindless twitch crowd. And as long as people keep buying them they'll keep churning out the same bland garbage every year or so. Its been ten years since the last good CoD and almost eight years since the last decent Battlefield. That says a lot about the current market.

Man, so elite.

giphy.gif
  • Vespervin
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I pre-ordered the game via Xbox and I'll try it out next week. I'm going in with no hopes so if it's not my cup of tea I can simply cancel the pre-order, Microsoft hasn't even charged me yet.

Although if it's anything like World at War, Black Ops and Black Ops II, Modern Warfare, etc. then I'll enjoy it and buy it.
  • AldirTheBlood
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Man, so elite.

giphy.gif

Just my opinion man. Shooters aren't as impreesive to me anymore. That gif is gold, though.
  • DeathByFeathers
    1665 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    Tell me they didn't eliminate a certain symbol on a certain enemy country's uniform just to appease a certain group of whiny liberal snowflakes.

Please tell me that is not happening.

That and they're adding black females fighting for the Germans

History 101
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My friend who i play bf1 (only friend who plays games) also pre-ordered cod ww2.
    I remember my first fps was cs:go with him ( was a mmorpg player before :D )
    We moved over to cod waw and i loved it.
    When cod became all futuristic i pre-ordered bf4.
    After the dirst experience with battlefield i swore never to go back to cod ever.
    But since he pre-ordered ww2 i had to see the trailer to see if they made a huge change in gamplay, but i found out it still looks like the fast pace arcade shooter i was back in the days of waw.
    It wss awesome back then, but thats when you come from cs:go....
  • TEKNOCODE
    11163 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's hilarious how many people are mad that CoD WWII is actually a CoD game, and not something completely different. You'd think it was a part of a franchise or something....
    Cod is cod = Why is it the same?!!!!

BF1 isn't BF4/BF3 = Why is it different?!!!!
  • Jal-89
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think they rushed out CoDWW2 since BF1 got so hyped and infinite warfare almost went down before they showed it properly. That might be the case why people feel the beta is a bit off.
  • Loqtrall
    edited August 2017
    Jal-89 wrote: »
    I think they rushed out CoDWW2 since BF1 got so hyped and infinite warfare almost went down before they showed it properly. That might be the case why people feel the beta is a bit off.

That's sort of a broad assumption considering CoDWW2 has been in development since before Sledgehammer even released Advanced Warfare 3 years ago.

There are three studios that develop CoD games - Infinity Ward, Treyarch, and Sledgehammer. They each release CoD games cyclically from year to year, that gives each studio multiple years to work on CoD games. I doubt very highly there is any CoD game that is "rushed out". They've had this same system in place for years. Black Ops 3 had the same treatment and I thought it was one of the better CoD games since MW3. Definitely the best of the "jetpack" CoD games.

So it's kind of funny that people are complaining about CoD WWII not being as good as past games made by Treyarch or Infinity Ward. WWII is made by a different developer, not only is it just NOT going to be like those past games because it's WWII (aside from WaW, which I thought it was similar to imo), but an entirely different (and more new to the franchise) developer is at the helm of this title.

I just think it's one of the most UNREALISTIC expectations from gamers to expect every game in a franchise that is released to be as "good" as they SUBJECTIVELY think their favorite game in the franchise is.

Like some guy's favorite BF game is BF3 or BC2, so that person automatically expects EVERY BF title released from that point on to be as good as HE THINKS BF3 and BC2 were.

It's absolutely unrealistic and you see that mindset from gamers ALL the time.

Like people asking why BF1 essentially isn't BF4 when BF1 was first shown off at EA Play. Like wtf? They're two completely different games.

If BF3 is your favorite BF, cool. If CoD MW2, BO2, or WaW was your favorite CoD - that's grand.

But don't expect every BF or CoD game that comes out to be BF3/BF4 or MW2/BO2.
  • Jal-89
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

That's sort of a broad assumption considering CoDWW2 has been in development since before Sledgehammer even released Advanced Warfare 3 years ago.

There are three studios that develop CoD games - Infinity Ward, Treyarch, and Sledgehammer. They each release CoD games cyclically from year to year, that gives each studio multiple years to work on CoD games. I doubt very highly there is any CoD game that is "rushed out". They've had this same system in place for years. Black Ops 3 had the same treatment and I thought it was one of the better CoD games since MW3. Definitely the best of the "jetpack" CoD games.

So it's kind of funny that people are complaining about CoD WWII not being as good as past games made by Treyarch or Infinity Ward. WWII is made by a different developer, not only is it just NOT going to be like those past games because it's WWII (aside from WaW, which I thought it was similar to imo), but an entirely different (and more new to the franchise) developer is at the helm of this title.

I just think it's one of the most UNREALISTIC expectations from gamers to expect every game in a franchise that is released to be as "good" as they SUBJECTIVELY think their favorite game in the franchise is.

Like some guy's favorite BF game is BF3 or BC2, so that person automatically expects EVERY BF title released from that point on to be as good as HE THINKS BF3 and BC2 were.

It's absolutely unrealistic and you see that mindset from gamers ALL the time.

Like people asking why BF1 essentially isn't BF4 when BF1 was first shown off at EA Play. Like wtf? They're two completely different games.

If BF3 is your favorite BF, cool. If CoD MW2, BO2, or WaW was your favorite CoD - that's grand.

But don't expect every BF or CoD game that comes out to be BF3/BF4 or MW2/BO2.

Wow, no need to defend yourself. I just replied to OP. Sorry if you misunderstood.
  • Loqtrall

Wow, no need to defend yourself. I just replied to OP. Sorry if you misunderstood.

I wasn't defending myself, I was defending the game that nobody in this community gives a chance simply because it's not their favorite game in the franchise (or because it's not like BF, which is even moreso dumb).

That's why in many instances in that comment I said "some people" instead of "you". Sorry if you misunderstood.