Call of Duty WWII beta......sad :(

Comments

• BaconRebellion
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Jal-89 wrote: »

Wow, no need to defend yourself. I just replied to OP. Sorry if you misunderstood.

I wasn't defending myself, I was defending the game that nobody in this community gives a chance simply because it's not their favorite game in the franchise (or because it's not like BF, which is even moreso dumb).

That's why in many instances in that comment I said "some people" instead of "you". Sorry if you misunderstood.

I was hoping WWII was gonna be good. I much prefer the setting to modern warfare. I gave the beta a shoot. Played a few rounds of TDM and War. While I enjoyed War I wasnt too impressed with the game and overall felt disappointed in it. I explained why above.

Im not expecting WWII to be BF. If anything I was hoping it was going back to a more simpler time for the series. But it felt like they werent sure which direction to go. I dont understand the divisions and why you must select one, the game feels like it wants to be a slower paced game like the older titles, but the mechanics lend it so players can sprint around and spin around like headless chickens.

Weapons felt inconsistent. An M1 Garand felt like a BB gun while the STG was an OP machine. Map design ranged from terrible to ok. I wasnt really blown away by any of them and they all seemed to be designed around bottlenecks and choke points. The stationary MGs they had were always pointed in the choke points that had no other way around to flank.

War was the only good thing I enjoyed about the beta however I feel like its a game mode that clans are gonna dominate in and pub stomp those they play against.
  • rock1obsta
    3813 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    Tell me they didn't eliminate a certain symbol on a certain enemy country's uniform just to appease a certain group of whiny liberal snowflakes.

Please tell me that is not happening.

That and they're adding black females fighting for the Germans

History 101

So they did eliminate the symbol? Lame. Lame. Lame.
    I absolutely HATE when snowflakes dictate what we're allowed to see. What a bunch of pussies Activision is.
    Avoid this game like the liberal pleasing piece of **** it's gonna be.
    I'm thoroughly disgusted.

I hope it flops on its face and is forgotten in days.
  • Vespervin
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Funny how they claim to be diverse and letting everyone express who they are or whatever through the multiplayer but they only have black and white character options, maybe a Hispanic male in there too. No Asians at all though, sucks for me I guess.

I'm against forced diversity where it does not belong but you can't claim to be diverse by just throwing a black option in there and calling it a day. I guess us Asians just don't complain enough...
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Doesn't look to bad to me. I agree the maps look small though... Even for CoD standards. But i fuly expected that.

Im more interested in campaign and zombies anyways.
  • Troopperfofo
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    And here I was hoping it would try to be more like Call of Duty 3 rather then just Modern Call of Duty games with a ww2 skin.

• Vespervin
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm glad WW2 is more fast paced when compared to the early Call of Duty games. It's nice to know that if I want slower games I can jump on Heroes & Generals or Red Orchestra, but if I want fast paced mindless action with a WWII theme I can play WW2.

The only thing I'm really concerned about is how enjoyable the maps are. I'm sure they all look great but do they play great too?
  • BaconRebellion
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vespervin wrote: »
    I'm glad WW2 is more fast paced when compared to the early Call of Duty games. It's nice to know that if I want slower games I can jump on Heroes & Generals or Red Orchestra, but if I want fast paced mindless action with a WWII theme I can play WW2.

The only thing I'm really concerned about is how enjoyable the maps are. I'm sure they all look great but do they play great too?

All the maps are crap. Nothing but choke points and bottlenecks
  • Toxic_CA
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You guus want ez kills? On war, when you reach the second objective switch to a sniper rifle.
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017

Basically how all CoD maps have become sadly.

Id argue the true reason the passed 3 or 4 cods have had so much hate is due to the laned map designs that only flow in one to three ways...

I miss the old days when they were more random, natural(ish) and imbalanced. Maybe this transition is what made so nsmany ny CoD fans go to BF arou d BF3 and 4's release, where the maps are, well, random, natural, and imbalanced.
  • BaconRebellion

Basically how all CoD maps have become sadly.

Id argue the true reason the passed 3 or 4 cods have had so much hate is due to the laned map designs that only flow in one to three ways...

I miss the old days when they were more random, natural(ish) and imbalanced. Maybe this transition is what made so nsmany ny CoD fans go to BF arou d BF3 and 4's release, where the maps are, well, random, natural, and imbalanced.

Thata true. In TDM there needs to be a centralized fighting point. You cant just have 2 open spaces at the ends of the maps and chokepoints connecting them. It creates imbalance, no room to flank or move, and twitch shooting. These maps are not good maps. Theyre utter crap. War node is the only redeemable thing about the beta.
  • Troopperfofo
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Thata true. In TDM there needs to be a centralized fighting point. You cant just have 2 open spaces at the ends of the maps and chokepoints connecting them. It creates imbalance, no room to flank or move, and twitch shooting. These maps are not good maps. Theyre utter crap. War node is the only redeemable thing about the beta.

And even then the war mode isn't that good. Its a worse version of the main game mode from Enemy Territory quake wars.

Build the bridge - Get the large vehicle across to the next objective and so on.

• BaconRebellion

And even then the war mode isn't that good. Its a worse version of the main game mode from Enemy Territory quake wars.

Build the bridge - Get the large vehicle across to the next objective and so on.

Its really the only thing going for it. Id like to see how the other maps in War are. With a good team the game mode can be good. Still have a feeling its going to be a clanfest though with clans stacking one side in pubs.
  • AldirTheBlood
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

ET Quake Wars was amazing. Didnt get the praise it deserved. That and Front lines Fuel of War were so underrated. Might give this new CoD a try if it has a game mode similar to that.
  • BaconRebellion

ET Quake Wars was amazing. Didnt get the praise it deserved. That and Front lines Fuel of War were so underrated. Might give this new CoD a try if it has a game mode similar to that.

I forgot ET Quake Wars was a thing. Was just thinking of Frontlines too. Wasnt a bad game but it wasnt my cup of tea.

The more I play war the more I enjoy it. If I do get WWII itll be for that game mode.
  • abc479193503
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    This is the first CoD game I have played in a long time I was expecting something a little better then this game play wise the maps feel very small in death match domination and conquest (maby its Because I'm used to battlefield) I'm not taking this to heart as it is still only beta but I do hope they improve the graphics and make it feel more dirty and real life the only real good part of it is War it makes for a very fun game and with a bit more improvement ie more players per game and bigger maps could be good fun so far it seems like a moderet shooter

Now to the things that realy spoil it for me

Historical political correctness

Why can't we just stick to real history no **** swastika???? during ww2 it was everywhere
    And females in the army during ww2 it makes the game feel unrealistic when you here and see a woman dressed as a 1944 us paratrooper and it adds to the cartoon feel this game is giving off so far

If battlefield released a WW2 game in the same format as battlefield1 now it game I've CoD
  • Squirrel_trip
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The Blood Effects were awesome at least. Will i keep my preorder just for the blood effects? No way! Sure looked good on the snow though. :)

My opinion in first post still stands. Next beta weekend needs higher amount of players per round with larger longer duration maps or i may cancel preorder. Let see what next beta weekend will offfer........
  • BaconRebellion
    The Blood Effects were awesome at least. Will i keep my preorder just for the blood effects? No way! Sure looked good on the snow though. :)

My opinion in first post still stands. Next beta weekend needs higher amount of players per round with larger longer duration maps or i may cancel preorder. Let see what next beta weekend will offfer........

Probably just the same that we saw this post weekend
  • BaconRebellion

Probably just the same that we saw this post weekend
  • TEKNOCODE
    11157 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played one round, uninstalled and cancelled preorder.

However, @HardAimedKid convinced me to give it another try with a party, so I will redownload it on Saturday.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Playing it right now, expected it to be a lot worse honestly