Call of Duty WWII beta......sad :(

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    11190 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Playing it right now, expected it to be a lot worse honestly
    @HardAimedKid I'm just going to purchase overwatch because it is so hardcore.
  • rock1obsta
    3814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I fully intended on buying this when it comes out, but according to some other posts, Activision caved to the hyper-sensitive snowflakes and removed a certain symbol of evil.
    I can't support a company who would concede such an important point.

I just hope Bethesda keeps the sissies at bay with Wolfenstein.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »

I fully intended on buying this when it comes out, but according to some other posts, Activision caved to the hyper-sensitive snowflakes and removed a certain symbol of evil.

LOL. Yeah that symbol hasn't been present so far. Honestly my expectations are super low, but it actually felt nice to switch up the play style last night
  • Squirrel_trip
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    CoD WWII does not even feel like a WWII game. They should go make cartoons instead of games. What a joke.......R.I.P. CoD

Small maps and only 6 vs 6 multiplayer for a 2017 game is sad.

On the other hand the blood effects are amazing and is what i wished Battlefield 1 had. (notice on walls and ground as well...BF1 lacks)
  • rock1obsta
    3814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

LOL. Yeah that symbol hasn't been present so far. Honestly my expectations are super low, but it actually felt nice to switch up the play style last night

The controls always seemed really tight and responsive, is that the same at least??
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoyed the few rounds I got slaughtered in :p
  • Prep768
    3440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tried it today and liked it, kind of.

Kept getting wrecked by superior weapons of those guys been playing since day 1. Few times I picked up their kit and the game was a lot more even. Seemed to hold my own but map knowledge was basically 0. Guns handle OK, graphics seem to lack finish and sound wasn't as bad as others have made out.

Tbh, I'm not a fan of small game modes but wanted to try it as I love the era. War should be renamed to something more fitting - slap & tickle or sloppy kisses spring to mind. They really need larger teams, less bottlenecks and bigger maps, the story with it makes it linear, restricted and basically boring. I'm off to try the other modes now.

It was nice to play something different, but will be deleting the beta (after a few more rounds) and not bother with the full game. If Battlefield do WW2, I'll be a happy bunny.

Tldr- meh
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The controls always seemed really tight and responsive, is that the same at least??

After playing a bit more I will be canceling my preorder. It's actually a fairly bad game
  • Squirrel_trip
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    I'm cancelling my preorder tomorrow. The game is more of the same CoD crap.
    Small maps and crappy maps and only 12 players in a match is a waste of time.
    Do yourself a favor and cancel your preorder. Trust me. :)

P.S. Cod WWII has better blood effects over BF1 and has a better Kill Cam, but that's all. :rolleyes:
  • BaconRebellion
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm cancelling my preorder tomorrow. The game is more of the same CoD crap.
    Small maps and crappy maps and only 12 players in a match is a waste of time.
    Do yourself a favor and cancel your preorder. Trust me. :)

P.S. Cod WWII has better blood effects over BF1 and has a better Kill Cam, but that's all. :rolleyes:

Im not too big of a fan of it. Someone kn twitter is trying to argue that 6v6 is a cod staple and that cod wouldnt be cod if there were more players. True its arena but that doesnt mean it cant evolve.
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's absolutely terrible theres nothing good about it.
    The netcode / match making is horrid every game i'm seeing this https://gfycat.com/giddybreakableiguanodon . the exploration is non existent, as a low ping player the lag comp is overly aggressive i'm constantly being warped back to previous positions everytime I die , constantly killed by invisible players who appear out of no where.

The maps are terrible way too small and cluttered, pretty much all close quarters pray and spray the maps just aren't suited to other playstyles ,spawn traps on the smallest maps are way too easy.

The gun balance seems off spray and praying large mag smgs is the way to go or the stg44 which is the best gun in the game.
    To actually use the guns just all feel the same, just some taking longer to kill than others.

The graphics are very poor theres no detail to anything on the maps they just look shapes which some poor attempt at detail smeared on them.

The gameplay seems to quick a combination of the small maps and fast player movement, the older cods had much better gameplay and pacing.

I was expecting it too be much better especially for 3 years of development, this is awful it feels like it was made in a few weeks not years.
    Knowing cod I wouldn't expect the full release to be any different the main game will be the same just with extra content and supply drops, I doubt they will even fix the match making / netcode as its easier to remove the ping bars and blame the players connection.
  • GLF-Wanderers
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've played COD from the start and BF1 was my first venture into Battlefield due to becoming tired of the sci-fi genre. It was a fairly tough transition but I love BF1.

I got a BETA code to play CODWW2 this weekend; I've played it for quite a few hours and I've subsequently deleted it. Why? Because I absolutely despise it. It feels like a children's game. So arcadey and unrealistic. The beta was full of chavtastic idiots quick scoping and bouncing around like mentalists.

COD does some things better than BF1, it's a lot more slick and much simpler/quicker to access a game.

So instead of purchasing this year's COD, that I was so excited about before this weekend, I shall be fully committing to BF1 and will purchase the Premium upgrade.
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I was shocked at how bad the maps, gun balance and netcode/matchmaking is, the basics are so badly broken theres no hope for this cod game , I actually pre-ordered it with the season pass for £90 having enjoyed the previous boots on the ground cod games I was hoping this was gonna be just as good or better was very disappointed when I played it and quickly cancelled my pre-order I will stick with battlefield for now aswell.

If anyone fancys a laugh and wants to see how bad it is I have a couple of spare codes for xboxone

H2MH4-FTWW7-27RPT-723QM-2PWTZ

PF324-J97DX-TXQ4X-KX69X-6XRWZ
  • TEKNOCODE
    11190 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I meantioned it above. I played one round and uninstalled it.

@Ram1c and @MrUpvote convinced me to reinstall it and play in a squad.

I played two games with them and uninstalled it again.
  • oJU5T1No
    Playing in a squad isn't gonna fix the issues, the netcode is so bad the level of de-sync is unreal, I haven't even managed to find a game thats slightly playable. I am just shocked by how bad it is this has got to take the title of worst cod.
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    oJU5T1No wrote: »
    Playing in a squad isn't gonna fix the issues, the netcode is so bad the level of de-sync is unreal, I haven't even managed to find a game thats slightly playable. I am just shocked by how bad it is this has got to take the title of worst cod.

Yea the netcode lag has been a problem in CoD since the early games. But its been getting worse and worse over the years. BO3 on release was nearly unplayable due to it. Im talking shots registering two or three seconds after you shoot. Battlefield 4 was never that bad.
    But they managed to fix it quite a bit as the game was updated.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tried it. It felt like a frozen meal from the supermarket while BF1 is a 5-star Michelin chef inspired meal.
  • oJU5T1No
    Its always been bad yea, but i've never experienced it this bad. Bo3 the beta actually played really well I didn't experience much latency issues same on release for the first couple months I was enjoying the game until December time, it was just completely unplayable the large influx of bad connections killed it off. The premium lobbies aren't normally as bad though.
    I was hoping this game would be the same but this time I was gonna buy the season pass so I could play in the premium lobbies. Battlefield 4 was awful aswell until the big update where it is greatly improved and played quite well afterwards.
  • oJU5T1No
    Reading around the official cod forums and reddit, it looks like everyone is in agreement about the, awful netcode , rubbish spawns , tiny maps and the bad weapon balance.

Then theres reply from the main dev https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/comments/6x903j/weekend_2_of_the_call_of_duty_wwii_private/dmigrw0/
    which I thought was funny as it completely ignores the majority of the feedback regarding the main mechanics and lists the small tweaks that will make no difference that will be made before launch.

What I read from that is the Dev's can't be bothered because it doesn't matter how much of a **** it is they know it will sell in large numbers as its call of duty.

• BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The game sux.its like BF1 half dimwitted little brother xD