Weekly Debrief

Whats your age limit on gaming ? Im 38

Comments

  • owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    What I love about this thread is that it shows how if DICE wants to appeal to older gamers, they'd have to slow the pace of the game, and add more tactics to it. I'm by no means old ;) but I still want BF1 to slow things down a bit.

    Not for me. I'm 45 and I like faster, exciting, pulse-pounding, explosions rocking gameplay. If I wanted slower gameplay, I'd find a game of chess.
    Well based on your "history", I'll say you're an exception ;)

    Possibly. Fortunately, DICE/EA continue to make BF games just the way I like them: filled with fast-paced, exciting gameplay.
    well one thing that should never change in BF is the excitement :smile:

    Agreed. BF games offer great excitement, fantastic visuals, and outstanding audio sound effects.
    and those "only in battlefield" moments :weary:
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    edited July 2016
    owltro wrote: »
    and those "only in battlefield" moments :weary:

    Like this (scratch one camping sniper):
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Keif68 wrote: »
    Sounds like some of you should be outside screaming at kids to get off your yards....

    Did that this morning :p

    At least some people have a sense of humor and arent Grumpy.Sounds like they need their daily nap...
  • rock1obsta
    3811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    What I love about this thread is that it shows how if DICE wants to appeal to older gamers, they'd have to slow the pace of the game, and add more tactics to it. I'm by no means old ;) but I still want BF1 to slow things down a bit.

    Not for me. I'm 45 and I like faster, exciting, pulse-pounding, explosions rocking gameplay. If I wanted slower gameplay, I'd find a game of chess.

    Dude, chess is freakin amazing. I play with my son sometimes and theres no other board game like it.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    What I love about this thread is that it shows how if DICE wants to appeal to older gamers, they'd have to slow the pace of the game, and add more tactics to it. I'm by no means old ;) but I still want BF1 to slow things down a bit.

    Not for me. I'm 45 and I like faster, exciting, pulse-pounding, explosions rocking gameplay. If I wanted slower gameplay, I'd find a game of chess.

    Dude, chess is freakin amazing. I play with my son sometimes and theres no other board game like it.

    I didn't say chess wasn't amazing.
  • rock1obsta
    3811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    What I love about this thread is that it shows how if DICE wants to appeal to older gamers, they'd have to slow the pace of the game, and add more tactics to it. I'm by no means old ;) but I still want BF1 to slow things down a bit.

    Not for me. I'm 45 and I like faster, exciting, pulse-pounding, explosions rocking gameplay. If I wanted slower gameplay, I'd find a game of chess.

    Dude, chess is freakin amazing. I play with my son sometimes and theres no other board game like it.

    I didn't say chess wasn't amazing.

    My mistake. I thought I detected a negative connotation in there.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    What I love about this thread is that it shows how if DICE wants to appeal to older gamers, they'd have to slow the pace of the game, and add more tactics to it. I'm by no means old ;) but I still want BF1 to slow things down a bit.

    Not for me. I'm 45 and I like faster, exciting, pulse-pounding, explosions rocking gameplay. If I wanted slower gameplay, I'd find a game of chess.

    Dude, chess is freakin amazing. I play with my son sometimes and theres no other board game like it.

    I didn't say chess wasn't amazing.

    My mistake. I thought I detected a negative connotation in there.

    No worries. When I want to play a slower-paced (amazing game), then chess is definitely one of the options. When I want a faster-paced, exciting gaming option, then I look at BF, COD, TF, etc.
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    owltro wrote: »
    Sounds like some of you should be outside screaming at kids to get off your yards....
    respect, got any?

    Sense of Humor you got one in that thick head of yours?
  • owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    owltro wrote: »
    Sounds like some of you should be outside screaming at kids to get off your yards....
    respect, got any?

    Sense of Humor you got one in that thick head of yours?
    Yeah it's real funny when you go into a thread full of oldies then insult them all. Laugh laugh. Pathetic.
  • SLAYER_Of_PIGS
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    Im 31 year old, and this game is becoming for kids, im sad
  • Trokey66
    8539 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im 31 old, and this game is being for kids, im sad

    Suit you down to the ground then.....
  • SLAYER_Of_PIGS
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Im 31 old, and this game is being for kids, im sad

    Suit you down to the ground then.....

    Untill its easy play against id1ots i will be there
  • redzuluzulu0096
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I'm 35 and I know plenty of people my age who play video games still as well as much older people. My father enjoys the campaigns from BF and CoD, but he won't play online because he says there's "too many loud mouthed kids on there". I've got several friends in GTA Online in their 60s who love to drive the cars around and play the races and other non-combat related game modes. Most of those guys aren't so into the combat, but a few are and do pretty good. I haven't played BF with anyone that old, but I'm sure they're out there. I do know a couple guys my age, but most of the guys I play BF with are in their mid-twenties, ie 10 years younger than I.
  • redzuluzulu0096
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    edited July 2016
    Sir-xer21 wrote: »
    DonutSarge wrote: »
    in 3 yrs have not found a gun that's beast in each class. every time I spawn I have another class/gun.
    you probably havent found that gun because you keep switching.

    learn ONE gun well and you'll be better for it.

    This is true. In BF3 I eventually stuck with the M417 DMR (why no in bf4 DICE??) because I found it performed well at all ranges with a foregrip, KOBRA, and laser and it had the most amazing sound when it fired unsuppressed. Intimidating sound. My other gun in that game was the AS-VAL, which I could use in any class.
    BF4 I would say the ACE21CQB before the 1st shot recoil got increased (it got the same change the ACE23 did) and it made it less user-friendly; I now use the M4 across all classes and have found it very good. MTAR-21 is good, if you get used to switching to single fire for long range, otherwise the spread makes it nigh on useless.

  • Mikex2112
    1016 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Sir-xer21 wrote: »
    DonutSarge wrote: »
    in 3 yrs have not found a gun that's beast in each class. every time I spawn I have another class/gun.
    you probably havent found that gun because you keep switching.

    learn ONE gun well and you'll be better for it.

    This is true. In BF3 I eventually stuck with the M417 DMR (why no in bf4 DICE??) because I found it performed well at all ranges with a foregrip, KOBRA, and laser and it had the most amazing sound when it fired unsuppressed. Intimidating sound. My other gun in that game was the AS-VAL, which I could use in any class.
    BF4 I would say the ACE21CQB before the 1st shot recoil got increased (it got the same change the ACE23 did) and it made it less user-friendly; I now use the M4 across all classes and have found it very good. MTAR-21 is good, if you get used to switching to single fire for long range, otherwise the spread makes it nigh on useless.

    Why on earth would you use a non-magnified scope on a weapon thats most effective with at least a 3.4x????
  • DonutSarge
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i like that !
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    I'd like to see more communities /platoons aimed more towards older players that just want to play the game and not have to worry about K/D and not have to fit into a certain criteria.

    Along those lines, I'd like to see more communities where gamers acted their age. I see too many gamers act half their age (e.g. 30 somethings acting like 15 year old children; 20 somethings acting like 10 year olds, etc.).

    And 45 year olds with Disney gravs.
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    I'd like to see more communities /platoons aimed more towards older players that just want to play the game and not have to worry about K/D and not have to fit into a certain criteria.

    Along those lines, I'd like to see more communities where gamers acted their age. I see too many gamers act half their age (e.g. 30 somethings acting like 15 year old children; 20 somethings acting like 10 year olds, etc.).

    And 45 year olds with Disney gravs.
    Oh snap

    And yet I have more maturity than all of you youngsters combined and then some.

  • redzuluzulu0096
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    edited July 2016
    Mikex2112 wrote: »
    Sir-xer21 wrote: »
    DonutSarge wrote: »
    in 3 yrs have not found a gun that's beast in each class. every time I spawn I have another class/gun.
    you probably havent found that gun because you keep switching.

    learn ONE gun well and you'll be better for it.

    This is true. In BF3 I eventually stuck with the M417 DMR (why no in bf4 DICE??) because I found it performed well at all ranges with a foregrip, KOBRA, and laser and it had the most amazing sound when it fired unsuppressed. Intimidating sound. My other gun in that game was the AS-VAL, which I could use in any class.
    BF4 I would say the ACE21CQB before the 1st shot recoil got increased (it got the same change the ACE23 did) and it made it less user-friendly; I now use the M4 across all classes and have found it very good. MTAR-21 is good, if you get used to switching to single fire for long range, otherwise the spread makes it nigh on useless.

    Why on earth would you use a non-magnified scope on a weapon thats most effective with at least a 3.4x????

    Because I'm used to the Kobra. Its reticle is good for judging distance. I do sometimes use the M145 on rush maps. Depends on my range requirements. I'm usually pretty aggressive as a recon and don't require a 3.4x because I'm usually within typical AR range or closer. I don't want any magnification if I'm right in the ****. The M417 is really good for CQB and it's my top weapon, so I'm used to it. SKS with irons is pretty sweet too. YMMV

  • Zhuni-I
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    37 here. Banned from most UK servers on bf4 & 3. I'm better now then my early 20s. For one I don't get that adrenalin feeling anymore, my knowledge is far better, my Spidey senses have grown and my mouse Sens has got so low that I never miss with accuracy just under 30%. Accusations flying for days!
  • defender465
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    My age limit will be when I get parkinsons and can't aim.
  • SgtRock52
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds like some of you should be outside screaming at kids to get off your yards....

    I can do that in between rounds. :D
Sign In or Register to comment.