Weekly Debrief

Whats your age limit on gaming ? Im 38

Comments

• LiuzhouMtBrotha
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    in my opinion, it depends on which country you live in.
    like in some countries in which gaming culture has not been prosperous enough, gamer groups will limit to a certain age group(e.g. youngsters)
    but in country like America, everything you can imagine could happen here, no age limit.
  • meowpewpewmeow
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    in my opinion, it depends on which country you live in.
    like in some countries in which gaming culture has not been prosperous enough, gamer groups will limit to a certain age group(e.g. youngsters)
    but in country like America, everything you can imagine could happen here, no age limit.
    i think old-timers among EU gamers slightly bigger group than in NA.
    they even had dedicated clans, hostings, etc.
  • BluntObjctOfHate
    725 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm in NA and I havnt found but a couple of groups and you had to have the right K/D and scores to be part of them ,I'll just play on my own if that's the way people want to be ,but I'd still like to see more groups for older players also that will except anyone regardless of their K/D and just to have fun playing Battlefield.
  • Bowsap
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fam, my Dad is 47 and he plays CSGO with his friends (who are around the same age) whenever he's home and free. There's no age limit to gaming. I also have an uncle who just got into the Elder Scrolls series and he loves it.
  • MikeManiac61
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There is no limit to alot of things in life. I still watch animated movies, cartoons, play games etc... Myriad of folks keep telling me i'm "too old" or "too young" for these type of things.

I never understood what we do in life that makes us happy matter to others.
  • tokrot
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Lol this game has no age limit. I'm 44 and retk most of the youngsters in this battlefield game. I'm ranked 6th in Assualt and #1 support in my country and my smurf is way up 3KPM in locker. Now who's that joker who said age is a factor ? Lol
  • CaptainNoobcakes
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2016
    44 , been playing games since my parents bought me a ZX Spectrum 16k for xmas in the 80's , imo i have always been into computers/gaming it's my hobby so why should age be an issue?

i must admit though i have slowed down on the fps games the last 5 years and play alot of card games now, hearthstone and Elder scrolls legends being my favs at the moment, but do not underestimate, i can still be sneaky on the battlefield when i want to =)

Edit: Been playing bf games since BF1942 and have never bought a CoD game, much prefere this series.
  • meowpewpewmeow
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    but kinda weird to see 50yr old playing say quakeforge, q1 forks or q3 for example :) (CS:GO used for example), eg fast-paced action games not really interesting for or suitable for body performance(just guess).
  • clouseau2112
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's just no age limit in gaming....albeit, most of whom I play with ('cept for a few) are younger than me. I'm 40 and have been gaming since the days of the Atari. There's a 45 year old I team up w/ pretty often, so I'm never surprised to meet older gamers.
    It is interesting to see (among the 35 and up age group) who can hold their own, and who cannot adapt. I think gamers forget that in a game like Battlefield 4, a 1.00 k/d is a good k/d. The biggest gripe I have is players who don't mic up or play the objective. I'll keep switching squads until I find someone mic'd up. I'm an aggressive player, and most of my friends are as well and I think that helps us win a lot of our 64 player matches. The fact of the matter is, there is no age limit in gaming.
  • Archangel-Norway
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited August 2016
    I am 37 now and have been playing online since Rainbow Six : Rogue Spear was released.

Just a few days ago I basically called it quits with BF3 and in approx 780h of playing I have 508 "podiums" meaning among top three players, with 180-177-151, if I remember correctly.

I notice that I am not as fast in reflexes anymore as I used to be, but its a bit more up and down now then compared to when I was younger. I can play very well some days, and bad in others so my medium is perhaps a little lower but I can still perform. Another thing that many others have mentioned is that I have played so much and know the maps so well that I can as many other seasoned players "read the game" better then average.

I did not think I would play as good as I have in BF3 and I will play BF1, but I will perhaps lower the standards for myself and play more for pure joy, howerver having played well in basically all fps games online that I have played it might not be so easy to come to terms with, I will see, but I only play public now, no clans etc.

Also I had a massive fps burnout that lasted for about 12 months during my time with BF3, but I returned just to reach level 100 and a total of 500 mvp placement ribbons.
  • CaptainNoobcakes
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One thing i do quite often now while playing sniper is getting behind enemy lines or as far back as i can, you would be surprised how many players just do not expect it and basicly run right past me alot of the time.

i love it.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1834 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most of us oldtimers have grown up with gaming since the mid80s... I´m 35 (married & 1 kiddo) and playing BF is my actual hobby similar to others who prefer golfing, fishing etc...
    Especially guys in their mid30s - mid40s have been growing up their whole life with gaming consoles and PCs.... Why stop at a certain age... I think we will see peeps in their 50s & 60s gaming as long as their eye/hand coordination are functional...
  • Evilfredx
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Im running on 51 and love bf
  • StabbyEinstein
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm 55 !! Been gaming well lets see, it started in 70s at the arcade then pong on a Sears console then Nintendo,ps2, and for past 15years on PC, building my own PC's now! :) Love gaming it's good for the mind and the sole !! And I will do it till I can't do it no more!!!!!!!!!!!
  • coxy1953
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Age is just a number, I'm 63 and still enjoy online gaming. Looking forward to battlefield 1 as l'll feel more at home with the time period
    It's all about having fun with your friends what ever age they happen to be
  • CracKiLLzz8
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    IM 33 we need to start a 30+ bf1 squad we mite have slowed down but in numbers we cant be stop ...
  • WisconsinBadger
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm 55 !! Been gaming well lets see, it started in 70s at the arcade then pong on a Sears console then Nintendo,ps2, and for past 15years on PC, building my own PC's now! :) Love gaming it's good for the mind and the sole !! And I will do it till I can't do it no more!!!!!!!!!!!

This sounds like me. 54 now and yeah my reflexes and eyesight may be diminished, but I can now afford to build a killer fast PC and slap some high speed monitors on it to make up some of the difference. Started with Squad Leader way back in the 70s.
  • DonutSarge
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mature players please send an invite gt SCB Sarge
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13027 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    This may be a necro but I think I'll let this one slide.

On topic.. I don't think there truly is an "age limit" as to when a person feels ready to drop the controller / shut down the PC for the final time.. At least in a gaming sense.

Me? I think I'll be gaming for many years to come.
  • kaliyl777
    1958 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm 42, my eye hand coordination is for the birds at this point too, but I still have fun.