Whats your age limit on gaming ? Im 38

Comments

• Jeffmaxs6
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    50 and building/gaming for 18. It's more of a advantage, then disadvantage.
  • Sir-xer21
    1890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    DonutSarge wrote: »
    in 3 yrs have not found a gun that's beast in each class. every time I spawn I have another class/gun.
    you probably havent found that gun because you keep switching.

learn ONE gun well and you'll be better for it.

• rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sno0bs wrote: »
    Age does not matter in gaming to me.

Nope, I'll be 39 in September. Still playin. No such thing as too old. Still jump in the mosh pit, too. Although reflexes degrade over time, I'm pretty bad at BF4, & I expect to be bad at BF1 as well.
    Hell, it took me over 600 hours to hit lvl 121, probably wont hit 140 by October 18th.
  • KamikazeK7
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I read somewhere the average age of gamers these days is 38. Im 40 and have had my fair share of atari back in the day, even pong...haha. However all you should check out the fastest shooter in real life "jerry mizulek". Youtube him...he is one old dude you dont want to mess with. It will help you realize age doesnt mean much.
  • MikeManiac61
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You're not too old my friend. People say the same about me when it comes to games or other things like cartoons and animation.

I've gotten older but I see no point of limiting myself due to age, have a good day.
  • snakeheadinvade
    2659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited July 2016
    I think I have a problem. Sorry fact about my 1400 + hours (15,000) cap flags is that I am a terrible shooter. Not sure if at my age my reflex is not like a teenager. But no matter score or achievements I just have to online bf gm. I still ask people what guns to use because I am a terrible shooter; although some look at my rank and every blue moon someone asks me for advice. I switch classes and guns for fun. Not serious enough to compete , just love to play ! love it so much gt xx Algiers xx xbox 1

well ill tell you this. no one can really tell you what gun is best. they are all good it just depends on your play style. if your a long range player maybe consider weapons below 700 rpm if your a medium range player use a weapon with a rof of 700 to 800 and if you are a cqb player consider going with anything above 800. (NOTE: there are exceptions to the rof rule i go by like the scar h or the bull dog which have higher damage models putting them up into the medium range category rather then the long range) i perfer to stay with in 700 to 800 category as that is the most versatile you can really get with weaponry. but remember that no gun is really the best it just depends on you. and what you think.
  • Jeffmaxs6
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    KamikazeK7 wrote: »
    I read somewhere the average age of gamers these days is 38. Im 40 and have had my fair share of atari back in the day, even pong...haha. However all you should check out the fastest shooter in real life "jerry mizulek". Youtube him...he is one old dude you dont want to mess with. It will help you realize age doesnt mean much.

I don't know about that. I watch a girl hit 100 yards with slugs and it was kind of depressing, haha.
  • PunisherTBL
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I feel like some of you make up your age. I'm 17.
  • BluntObjctOfHate
    725 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wish I was 17 again and could have a do over .
  • YourLagVsMyLag
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    For PC gaming, your machine and your internet connection count far more than reflexes and age. Knowledge of the maps is a factor too, of course.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wish I was 17 again and could have a do over .

Oh hell yes. Go back to 17 but keep the knowledge and experience.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016

I've been told I'm 12
    I'm 34
  • rock1obsta
    edited July 2016
    Keif68 wrote: »

I've been told I'm 12

What a coincidence! My wife will remark on my maturity level being around the same age, usually when my son and I are goofin off playin BF4 :p

• BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SgtRock52 wrote: »
    Sno0bs wrote: »
    Age does not matter in gaming to me.

Thank you for the emotional support lol. Everytime I log in I am asking am I to old to be on here. You know what most women say, overgrown kid.

You gotta be kidding me. I'm 64 and play BF. I'd rather play a good game of BF than watch the tube, anyday. Your only as old as you feel. In my mind I'm still 24, hehe...................... only my body reminds me otherwise at times.
    Game on I say! Some will sit in front of TV for hours and watch cars go around in a circle, or someone hitting a ball across a lawn. Enjoy what you enjoy and don't be afraid to let your presence, regardless your age, be known. Truth be known, I'm sure there are a lot of "experienced" people playing. lol

Wow I wish I'll have your attitude when I'm 64. Kudos to you sir.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016

I've been told I'm 12
    I'm 34

I thought you're 11 Keif. Jk Lol
  • WisconsinBadger
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Love this thread....so glad to see that I'm not the only old timer (53). I started on The Russian Campaign in 1976, then moved onto the proto-BF game, Squad Leader, in '77. The cardboard games were good but the thrill of these on-line Battlefield games is great! I'm pretty crappy, slowed reflexes and diminished eyesight, but I still get in the top 5 every once in a while. Yeah I get killed frequently but having fun! (I just really need to find a group or clan or whatever you call it so someone can explain why I keep missing so many shots! :) )
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The "older" guys are the funniest to play with. Young'uns stay to mad :p
  • DrVeloxcity
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No limit so long as you're not spending your entire day on the game.
  • UteUncleBarryyyy
    543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The age limit is death.
  • Trokey66
    9102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »

I've been told I'm 12

What a coincidence! My wife will remark on my maturity level being around the same age, usually when my son and I are goofin off playin BF4 :p

Do we have the same wife?