Whats your age limit on gaming ? Im 38

Comments

• Zombie_Be_Gone
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    Sno0bs wrote: »
    Men will allways be kids, their toys just get bigger :-)

Altough you are right about the reaction time etc, you might not have a real place in the competive scene or in the very high rankings. Just because younger person can handle faster for obvious reasons :-)

I'm 38 and I play competitively -

My reaction time is a day to day basis, it has nothing to do with age, it has to do with stress and life. Some days I am a god and sometimes I just turn off the game. The days I turn off the game is because I am stressed out or I have too many tabs open in my brain while playing so I ended up being distracted and my reaction time has gone down the toilet. It's hard to react when you're thinking about stuff you need to do the next day or anything that is going on in your life at the moment. When you're young your responsibilities and stress levels are no where near as they are today or you just cared less back then.

I take stress/relaxing supplements over the weekend if I know I have a lot of gaming to do and it works well. If you smoke Pot that works best but it makes me sleepy:)

Anyways your reaction time doesn't degrade it improves if anything. If your can't play as much as you once did then yes you can't react as fast as you're out of practice..

• meowpewpewmeow
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited July 2016
    you may noticed wome 80-90yr old gaming videos on Youtube. some of 70-80 are ~ very good, especially those with engineering or scientifical backgrounds, but not only. one of russian grady - become celerbrity/star for ~2 years because that :=)
  • kalavrezos
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm 36 and can't stop playing :)
  • DonutSarge
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I also play hardcore... lets team up sometime
    41, playing since the 80s.

I usually go ok. Usually get in the top 5 in conquest.

I play normal if I'm feeling old, but HC mostly.

• DonutSarge
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    love the way you pieced that together. yes I smoke too
    Sno0bs wrote: »
    Men will allways be kids, their toys just get bigger :-)

Altough you are right about the reaction time etc, you might not have a real place in the competive scene or in the very high rankings. Just because younger person can handle faster for obvious reasons :-)

I'm 38 and I play competitively -

My reaction time is a day to day basis, it has nothing to do with age, it has to do with stress and life. Some days I am a god and sometimes I just turn off the game. The days I turn off the game is because I am stressed out or I have too many tabs open in my brain while playing so I ended up being distracted and my reaction time has gone down the toilet. It's hard to react when you're thinking about stuff you need to do the next day or anything that is going on in your life at the moment. When you're young your responsibilities and stress levels are no where near as they are today or you just cared less back then.

I take stress/relaxing supplements over the weekend if I know I have a lot of gaming to do and it works well. If you smoke Pot that works best but it makes me sleepy:)

Anyways your reaction time doesn't degrade it improves if anything. If your can't play as much as you once did then yes you can't react as fast as you're out of practice..

• rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    Keif68 wrote: »
    I feel like some of you make up your age. I'm 17.

I've been told I'm 12

What a coincidence! My wife will remark on my maturity level being around the same age, usually when my son and I are goofin off playin BF4 :p

Do we have the same wife?

Lol, its possible. Theres gotta be more guys on here who hear the same stuff :D
  • xSKoRMx
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My clan leader from the game Crossfire was 68 years old back in the days of 2010-2013. A cool guy and even bought some of his favorite members in-game currency from time to time.

No age limit
  • DonutSarge
    sounds good, im just hoping I can break habit if I need to.
    xSKoRMx wrote: »
    My clan leader from the game Crossfire was 68 years old back in the days of 2010-2013. A cool guy and even bought some of his favorite members in-game currency from time to time.

No age limit

• theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think there is an true age limit, just look at this guy.

LOL. That ADS/fire spam though. Even 66 year olds abuse the AA.

I've never actually witnessed anyone doing that. Damn. AA is OP like that.
  • DonutSarge
    I try not to use the easiest, but I hate getting killed anyway
    I don't think there is an true age limit, just look at this guy.

LOL. That ADS/fire spam though. Even 66 year olds abuse the AA.

I've never actually witnessed anyone doing that. Damn. AA is OP like that.

• theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Anyway, I'm 36 and I used to play games a lot my younger years but stopped for awhile and for the last 6 months or so I started playing all the time thanks to BFH/BF4. I think it annoys my wife but she watches a lot of tv and its not really different if she watches 3 hours of some chick show on Netflix or I "kill" other people in online gaming.
  • MikeManiac61
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyway, I'm 36 and I used to play games a lot my younger years but stopped for awhile and for the last 6 months or so I started playing all the time thanks to BFH/BF4. I think it annoys my wife but she watches a lot of tv and its not really different if she watches 3 hours of some chick show on Netflix or I "kill" other people in online gaming.

I've always been bewildered by that. Some girls didn't like the fact that I played games but they sit for countless hours watching reality shows.
  • twonkydo0
    167 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My dad still plays and he's 65. Not battlefield, mostly tomb raider/ resident evil type games. It doesn't matter it you're good or not, its just good for your brain. There's a great doc on the bbc i think its a panorama, looks at the elderly who play games and how there brains change. Also if they make you violent. Which they dont.
  • BluntObjctOfHate
    725 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My GF loves her Lifetime and her FB and Candy Crush so no worries here .
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Video games: ruining spousal relationships since the 1980s.
  • DeathByFeathers
    1665 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The party don't stop till my body drops so therefore there is no such thing as age limits for video games (except for giving young kids like rated M games *cough* *cough* Call of Duty *cough* *cough*)
    Overburdened with Indifference
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The party don't stop till my body drops so therefore there is no such thing as age limits for video games (except for giving young kids like rated M games *cough* *cough* Call of Duty *cough* *cough*)

Speaking of COD
    Any of you going to get the remake?
  • taylorswiftttttt
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    *makes up age to gain respect in this thread*

Yeah, I'm 94, and so is my k/d
  • DeathByFeathers
    1665 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2016

Speaking of COD

Haven't played any of the Modern Warfare games and don't intend to shell out $100 for a game series I haven't played and we haven't seen any gameplay of it except a smidgen of the campaign. Preordering it for Infinite Warfare is blasphemy

Post edited by DeathByFeathers on
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Speaking of COD

Haven't played any of the Modern Warfare games and don't intend to shell out $100 for a game series I haven't played and we haven't seen any gameplay of it except a smidgen of the campaign. Preordering it for Infinite Warfare is blasphemy

I'm hoping they'll let you get the remaster without having to get that new ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ game. I hate the newer ones.