Whats your age limit on gaming ? Im 38

Comments

• haveibeenpwned
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    I can't go wrong with Bill moseley on my grav.

Otis Firefly is a scary dude. Excellent acting and the best 2 lines I've ever heard in any movies:

"The boogeyman man's real, and you found him."

"I am the devil, and I'm here to do the devil's work."

Total badassery.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/WALKERBADASSMOFOWRECKINGMACHINE?src=hash badassery here too'
  • haveibeenpwned
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

rock1obsta wrote: »
    I can't go wrong with Bill moseley on my grav.

Otis Firefly is a scary dude. Excellent acting and the best 2 lines I've ever heard in any movies:

"The boogeyman man's real, and you found him."

"I am the devil, and I'm here to do the devil's work."

Total badassery.

• BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    I'd like to see more communities /platoons aimed more towards older players that just want to play the game and not have to worry about K/D and not have to fit into a certain criteria.

Along those lines, I'd like to see more communities where gamers acted their age. I see too many gamers act half their age (e.g. 30 somethings acting like 15 year old children; 20 somethings acting like 10 year olds, etc.).

And 45 year olds with Disney gravs.
    I'd like to see more communities /platoons aimed more towards older players that just want to play the game and not have to worry about K/D and not have to fit into a certain criteria.

Along those lines, I'd like to see more communities where gamers acted their age. I see too many gamers act half their age (e.g. 30 somethings acting like 15 year old children; 20 somethings acting like 10 year olds, etc.).

Oh snap

And yet I have more maturity than all of you youngsters combined and then some.

Yea that explains your permaban by PoolShark on the BF4 forums.....
  • Turban_Legend80
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Oh snap

Because only mature people get perma banned from multiple gaming forums, right?
  • jmz959
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You're only asking that because you're part of the first generations to have proper video games. Pretty sure that I'm not going to give it up till my hands wear out and I go blind, but then I'll just skip over to VR, presuming they've perfected it by then.
  • BluntObjctOfHate
    725 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Oh snap

Yea that explains your permaban by PoolShark on the BF4 forums.....

I would think a permaban from PoolShark would be equal to a 2x4 to the side of the head .
  • Trokey66
    8601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Oh snap

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ho He He Ha Ha Hmmmm. :D

Sorry, but that's really funny!
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Oh snap

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ho He He Ha Ha Hmmmm. :D

Sorry, but that's really funny!

• misisipiRivrRat
    858 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'll be 52 in September. Look and act much younger. Guys I haven't seen in years look at me funny when I tell them I'm a gamer. If its too loud you're too old I guess.
    I played with a 74 year old on bf4 once and a few 60 something's. I say keep it up!
  • riafomh
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Myeh, age means nothin'. As some have pointed out, often the 'experience' and 'wisdom' of age trumps youthful twitch-shooting, as you can actually tactically outwit, outplay, outlast the young 'uns. They're more prone to rage-quitting too I think, and I find it easy to get under their skin sometimes, really throw them off their game.

I'm 47, and probably 'above average' in this (BF4) game. I play first and foremost with my mind, and then the skill. My personal triumph at my age was managing to push all the way to 12th place in my country (Canada) with the Little Bird / Scout Heli (BF4 again); stopped playing regular for a bit, and dropped back down to 15th, although I see I've just edged back up into 14th place once again.

I do okay as infantry - again, I fight more with my brains, and then back that up with whatever skill I have, which is not half-bad. Tactics and teamwork will trump skill, every time. I know that from being on the receiving end of T&T when I've caused enough butt-hurt on the other team with the chopper. But I've also used that myself against players that were skillfully much better than I.
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    Sounds like some of you should be outside screaming at kids to get off your yards....
  • owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sounds like some of you should be outside screaming at kids to get off your yards....
    respect, got any?
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    owltro wrote: »
    respect, got any?

He doesn't apparently. Nor does he have civility or maturity.
  • owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    What I love about this thread is that it shows how if DICE wants to appeal to older gamers, they'd have to slow the pace of the game, and add more tactics to it. I'm by no means old ;) but I still want BF1 to slow things down a bit.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Did that this morning :p
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    What I love about this thread is that it shows how if DICE wants to appeal to older gamers, they'd have to slow the pace of the game, and add more tactics to it. I'm by no means old ;) but I still want BF1 to slow things down a bit.

Not for me. I'm 45 and I like faster, exciting, pulse-pounding, explosions rocking gameplay. If I wanted slower gameplay, I'd find a game of chess.
  • owltro

Not for me. I'm 45 and I like faster, exciting, pulse-pounding, explosions rocking gameplay. If I wanted slower gameplay, I'd find a game of chess.
    Well based on your "history", I'll say you're an exception ;)
  • Lordmang4

Possibly. Fortunately, DICE/EA continue to make BF games just the way I like them: filled with fast-paced, exciting gameplay.
  • owltro

Possibly. Fortunately, DICE/EA continue to make BF games just the way I like them: filled with fast-paced, exciting gameplay.
    well one thing that should never change in BF is the excitement :smile:
  • Lordmang4

well one thing that should never change in BF is the excitement :smile:

Agreed. BF games offer great excitement, fantastic visuals, and outstanding audio sound effects.