Why did they even add a Map Vote?

entropyIDTR
13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I dont recall anyone complaining about A REGUALAR FRIGGIN MAP ROTATION.

What is wrong with an EVEN, FAIR, AND BASIC MAP ROTATION? EVERYONE WINS.

Map Vote has limited the variety of Maps to 3-4 maps.

I have played these maps in order tonight.

Suez
Ball Room
Monte Grappa
Suez
Ball Room
Amiens
Suez
Monte Grappa
Ball Room
Sinai
Suez
Monte Grappa
Ball Room
Amiens
Suez
St. Quentin Scar
Ball Room
Suez, FRIGGIN AGAIN!

What happened to variety?

What happened to A REGULAR, BASIC, FUNDAMENTAL, FAIR, IMPARTIAL, and EVENLY DIVIDED MAP ROTATION?

A REGULAR MAP ROTAION.

A SIMPLE MAP ROTATION

A, MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY, MAP ROTATION.

Comments

• IllIllIII
    3663 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    You already posted this excact same commentt in another thread, no need to create another thread....
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    1063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Here we go again...
  • GRIZZ11283
    3231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    He has a point though, in 5 hours play for me yesterday, i never played:

Argonne
    Monte Grappa
    Sinai (I didnt mind that, played it to death)
    Giants Shadow

I actually paid for all the maps, its becoming boring, i find myself playing less because if it.

This vote is the worst thing about this game for me.
  • IllIllIII
    3663 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    No need to spam the forum with it tho.
    He knows there is a thread about it already....
  • BigF33t_13
    5597 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Are you kidding? EVERYONE was complaining about it. Every time an unpopular map came up, the server would empty. Both stink imo. But the only fix is to encourage people to rent custom servers. And right now that's not going to happen. No need to spam son. It won't get anything changed, and only get you kicked from the forums.
  • GRIZZ11283
    3231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »

Are you kidding? EVERYONE was complaining about it. Every time an unpopular map came up, the server would empty. Both stink imo. But the only fix is to encourage people to rent custom servers. And right now that's not going to happen. No need to spam son. It won't get anything changed, and only get you kicked from the forums.

Not everyone ;)

People complain more about map voting imo.
  • GoofyMC123
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I never complained about it once and i cant remember too many threads here complaining about it.

I used to love playing through a complete rotation, the variety was great. Now i seem to be playing a dupe map every 2 or 3 rounds and end up just quitting.

Like Grizz im playing less and enjoying it less because of this.
  • ashar_saleem121
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It really is annoying only playing the same three or four maps over and over again. I liked the predictability of the map rotation. Got to try everything.
  • l-Jemma-l
    163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's great,i enjoying playing the same 3 or 4 maps back after back and so forth
  • TG_JAZZY
    940 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you have a 'favourite' map you cant join the previous in rotation so that you get to play a full match on your 'favourite'. And if you join through the browser on your 'favourite' map your likely to be put in at the end of the match, and not be able to play much on it either.
    The vote system could do with a tweak to stop repetition, id love some servers to combine the dlc once this next one rolls out aswell.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    6272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    One thread, Stick with it.

• Phoenux289
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    To avoid Argonne. :)
  • BigF33t_13
    5597 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

Not everyone ;)

People complain more about map voting imo.

Yeah, now. I don't like it either way. Before every time suez came up, everyone left. The voting system sucks too.More custom servers with custom rotations is what's needed.
  • Astr0damus
    1457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    1. People only have 3 seconds to get a vote in.
    2. Since people only have 3 seconds, and human nature makes them want to win, many people vote for the map that seems like it is going to win. (For instance, if Argonne Forest has 10 votes already and Amiens has 3, then Argonne will end up with 18).
  • Catsonspeeed
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Only explanation I've heard was a vague "players asked for it" from tiggr, but I have yet to meet these players.
    Where are they? Who are they?

Everyone I know prefers map rotation. So I would really want to know where and who these players are.

In past I could play my favourite map when ever I wanted to, I got something for my money, now I don't know what I get for it, all I know is DICE got 120€ from me, and they don't give me what I want in return. They used to, but not anymore. Why?
  • JohnMatrix666
    1234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 5
    Why is it always Sinai vs. Giant's Shadow anyway? Then Sinai wins by a landslide and halfway through everything just boils down to 1/3 of the players ragequitting while the remaining 2/3 either snipe or dodge sniper fire.
  • DarthBlueMax
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It frustrating! I'm tired to play the same 3 maps everyday, I've complain since the fist day they implemented this system, But I think nobody care...
    They must do a system to vote the order of the rotation of the maps who include all maps of the game and be all playables, and not a system to remove maps from the system.
  • Tugbot-WD
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 12
    Actually agree with this, same four maps over and over and over...its a joke. If a map has not been played for some time, One vote should count as five votes so the cycle is better. Some simple changes would see more maps being played. Its always planes/Tanks/Sniper maps.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think map voting, while it seemed like a good idea at first, does not work. If you want to play a particular level to try and work on an achievement, it can be difficult & frustrating to actually get to play said map sometimes.

How about some servers have a random playlist? But only random as far as it won't let the same map play twice in a row.
  • Trokey66
    4688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I do remember lots of threads requesting map voting with a large portion supporting the idea.

In principle, it is not a bad idea but needs tweaking to prevent the same maps being presented.

I don't think either system 'worked' but the current map voting is worse.