Why did they even add a Map Vote?

2»

Comments

• poegle87
    126 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah I agree it's getting a bit stale playing the same maps. I keep ending up on servers going through a rotation of Amiens, Sinai, Ballroom, Monte Grappa, Empires Edge and the occasional Argonne Forest. I can't remember the last time I played Giant's Shadow or Suez.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm over it. You could map 'vote' by joining the map before the map you want

Tie in service assignments that require certain maps too

Having map vote on DLC rotation was the stupidest thing too
  • zoinkersScoob
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to see the percentage on how much the different maps are played.

Right now I'd say there are maps which almost never wins a voting.

Like Giant's Shadow.

How much time and resources did DICE put into this map completely in vain?

In that aspect map voting is just a way of wasting money.
  • -Antares65z
    1696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If Dice would add 2-4 more maps during the vote and tweaked the algorithm a bit to not repeat map choices until a crtiteria was met, this wouldn't be a problem. There is plenty of screen real estate on the voting screen to have at least 4-6 maps to choose from. Perhaps this isn't as easy of a fix as we might think it is.