Xbox One X enhancements patch!

Comments

  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Higher resolution at the expense of frame rate is a terrible idea. On the One X in conquest there are already circumstances that the frame rate is not a constant 60 fps. I'm surprised to see players asking for lower fps... such a shame. It's actually an amazing console for bf1 right now, the dynamic resolution is higher, and the frame rate is very good. Who plays multiplayer fps at a higher resolution at the expense of frames? I've never heard of that in many years of pc gaming. Please don't turn the One X into a brick. bf1's competition is at 60 fps. I'm so sick of people saying 'I play cod because it's smooth', finally bf1 on console measured up in terms of performance. smh.

    What people want is a game that's comparable to the Pro. Which is better graphics at 60fps. The Pro dips here and there but for the most part it sticks to 60, while looking very nice.

    If it's achievable on the Pro, my guess is it achievable on the X as well.
  • i_Goof_i
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

    APBT wrote: »
    Higher resolution at the expense of frame rate is a terrible idea. On the One X in conquest there are already circumstances that the frame rate is not a constant 60 fps. I'm surprised to see players asking for lower fps... such a shame. It's actually an amazing console for bf1 right now, the dynamic resolution is higher, and the frame rate is very good. Who plays multiplayer fps at a higher resolution at the expense of frames? I've never heard of that in many years of pc gaming. Please don't turn the One X into a brick. bf1's competition is at 60 fps. I'm so sick of people saying 'I play cod because it's smooth', finally bf1 on console measured up in terms of performance. smh.

    What people want is a game that's comparable to the Pro. Which is better graphics at 60fps. The Pro dips here and there but for the most part it sticks to 60, while looking very nice.

    If it's achievable on the Pro, my guess is it achievable on the X as well.


    Sure it is achievable, why wouldn't it be? But whats the point?

    The Game is 1 Year Old. Dice is on their last DLC for this game, and the next hype will be the release of the next battlefield probably sometime next year right before Christmas.

    All the haters who said they will never buy another EA Game again...
    the-ea-cycle-electronic-arts-pre-order-dlc-servers-not-available-boycotting-ea-forever.jpg
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i_Goof_i wrote: »
    APBT wrote: »
    Higher resolution at the expense of frame rate is a terrible idea. On the One X in conquest there are already circumstances that the frame rate is not a constant 60 fps. I'm surprised to see players asking for lower fps... such a shame. It's actually an amazing console for bf1 right now, the dynamic resolution is higher, and the frame rate is very good. Who plays multiplayer fps at a higher resolution at the expense of frames? I've never heard of that in many years of pc gaming. Please don't turn the One X into a brick. bf1's competition is at 60 fps. I'm so sick of people saying 'I play cod because it's smooth', finally bf1 on console measured up in terms of performance. smh.

    What people want is a game that's comparable to the Pro. Which is better graphics at 60fps. The Pro dips here and there but for the most part it sticks to 60, while looking very nice.

    If it's achievable on the Pro, my guess is it achievable on the X as well.


    Sure it is achievable, why wouldn't it be? But whats the point?

    The Game is 1 Year Old. Dice is on their last DLC for this game, and the next hype will be the release of the next battlefield probably sometime next year right before Christmas.

    All the haters who said they will never buy another EA Game again...
    the-ea-cycle-electronic-arts-pre-order-dlc-servers-not-available-boycotting-ea-forever.jpg

    Because a lot of people still play it and there is more to come? Or people want the visuals because the machine is very capable?

    BF3 and 4 are still being played and servers are full after 6 years. I don't get your point.

    Anyways, if Dice can do the upgrades, it will make ALL the people whom still play, very happy.
  • TheGmCGaMeR
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Plus they updated Mirror's Edge on the 360 2 4K so your point is invalid
  • i_Goof_i
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    APBT wrote: »
    Because a lot of people still play it and there is more to come? Or people want the visuals because the machine is very capable?

    BF3 and 4 are still being played and servers are full after 6 years. I don't get your point.

    Anyways, if Dice can do the upgrades, it will make ALL the people whom still play, very happy.

    I think you, Dice and I both know "ALL" will never be happy and "Very Happy" is just unthinkable. Perhaps, I would agree with "it will make ALL the people whom still play, not as much of cry baby."

    There are tons of old games out there with servers that are still full. What makes BF1 any different?

    Look at the decline of people playing BF1
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights/population?days=-1

    Video Games Have Two Types of Customers:
    One who buys a game and plays the crap out of it.
    One who buys game after game only playing for a week to a month.

    If you're here to make money which customer one would you like more?

    Dice will probably be taking a look at other games that have been enhanced for the X and if those titles see an increase in sales that would be enough to justify the resources needed to put forth the effort to develop and offer the future support, maybe they will. But I doubt those titles will see any significant increase in sales.

    But making post after post about it and saying how bad you want it, isn't going to make it happen.



  • TheGmCGaMeR
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I feel the game is good the way it is. But I would still love to see some enhancements put into it. It already runs smooth as butter on the One X but I would be lying if I said this wasn't the main thing I was looking forward to when pre-ordering the One X. 1440p 60fps would be sweet, and is definitely not hard to get on the One X Beast I'm sure
  • TheGmCGaMeR
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    But a simple yes or no on enhancements to the public would be nice also
  • i_Goof_i
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    gmcworks wrote: »
    Plus they updated Mirror's Edge on the 360 2 4K so your point is invalid

    Telling me one title on THIS list doesn't change my point one bit.

    My valid point was it is about Money. Enhancing titles like Zoo Tycoon probably wasn't as much of an under taking as other advanced titles like say Battlefield. With tons of animations, textures and effects that would all have to be changed, tested, released and supported.

    Smart thing for them to do is wait, to see how other games like Mirrors Edge do in sales, and if updates to support 4k increase sales for them, they could run estimates on BF1 calculate cost and profit and go from there.

    Which is probably why it was on that list and then later removed.

    It's not a simple yes or no, it a straight up not right now.
  • CRITERION89
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    cant wait
  • Clarence_6000
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hope the next BF gives us 60hz servers for all game modes at least.
    If it stays on this prehistoric 30hz BS, Im never gonna buy another BF on console again.
  • i_Goof_i
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hope the next BF gives us 60hz servers for all game modes at least.
    If it stays on this prehistoric 30hz BS, Im never gonna buy another BF on console again.

    Yes! I don't understand why all the 64 player Conquest and Operation servers are all 30HZ when 24 player servers are 60hz.

    It just seems it should be the other way around. But yes, i would be nice to have all 60hz servers.

  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i_Goof_i wrote: »
    Hope the next BF gives us 60hz servers for all game modes at least.
    If it stays on this prehistoric 30hz BS, Im never gonna buy another BF on console again.

    Yes! I don't understand why all the 64 player Conquest and Operation servers are all 30HZ when 24 player servers are 60hz.

    It just seems it should be the other way around. But yes, i would be nice to have all 60hz servers.

    I think that they had some reasoning for this back when they updated only the smaller servers to 60HZ on BF4.
  • MarbleRex13
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just played SWB2 on the Xbox One X and it looks great. But I tell you what, BF1 looks just as good with no 4k patch. On the X BF1 is so smooth, has HDR , and upscales nicely to 4k tv so I don’t know how much better it would look with a patch.
  • Tylytys
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We need this asap
  • Namarillo
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please DICE..... a patch!!!!!!
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just played SWB2 on the Xbox One X and it looks great. But I tell you what, BF1 looks just as good with no 4k patch. On the X BF1 is so smooth, has HDR , and upscales nicely to 4k tv so I don’t know how much better it would look with a patch.

    On the Pro version, there is more texture, detail & color. On top of that, it just as smooth as the X version. So there's that.

    If you've never had it, you'll never miss it.
  • VoodooxHaze
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah if I’m a Battlefield fan boy that bought the one x and I’m buying older titles like tomb raider , gears of war , and halo ( which I’ve never played before btw) just for the 4K resolution , I’m sure EA won’t pass up on this opportunity for those who are buying games just for the 4K enhancements on Xbox one x. We do need this though , I bought a pro to compare the one x with Battlefield and it definitely plays and looks better on the pro.
  • TheGmCGaMeR
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    well maybe if we get enough people on their social media feeds like Twitter and ask for a one x patch they'll do it
  • TheGmCGaMeR
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Kind of b******* that Xbox gets the marketing rights but the pro gets the enhancements
  • LazyBuzzard86
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The X should at least match the PS4 Pro version, honestly I would be happy with 1080p and the textures PS4 Pro got, it doesn’t seem very fair, but at least it looks better without the patch and hit 60fps pretty much the whole time...
Sign In or Register to comment.