Xbox One X enhancements patch!

Comments

• oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i_Goof_i wrote: »
    Hope the next BF gives us 60hz servers for all game modes at least.
    If it stays on this prehistoric 30hz BS, Im never gonna buy another BF on console again.

Yes! I don't understand why all the 64 player Conquest and Operation servers are all 30HZ when 24 player servers are 60hz.

It just seems it should be the other way around. But yes, i would be nice to have all 60hz servers.

Consoles can't handle 60 hz servers for 64 players. That's why it's only available for the smaller game modes.
  • oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    gmcworks wrote: »
    Kind of b******* that Xbox gets the marketing rights but the pro gets the enhancements

The Xbox One X version hasn't been patched yet. There are videos confirming it holds 60 frame rates much more consistently than the Xbox One.
  • Clarence_6000
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    oof14346 wrote: »
    If it stays on this prehistoric 30hz BS, Im never gonna buy another BF on console again.

Yes! I don't understand why all the 64 player Conquest and Operation servers are all 30HZ when 24 player servers are 60hz.

It just seems it should be the other way around. But yes, i would be nice to have all 60hz servers.

Consoles can't handle 60 hz servers for 64 players. That's why it's only available for the smaller game modes.

I keep hearing that.. Care to explain why "Consoles can't handle 60 hz servers for 64 players"?

What's the bottleneck, if any?
  • oof14346

I keep hearing that.. Care to explain why "Consoles can't handle 60 hz servers for 64 players"?

What's the bottleneck, if any?

I believe we had a talk with a dev in the "Hit detection" thread. You'll have to fish for it, cause it's buried somewhere in the miles of pages.
  • oof14346
    Wait, here it is. I found it.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/77145/30hz-servers/p6

We focused on server performance quite a lot and are in a much much better state than BF4 ever was. Overall consoles received a lot of performance focus also. But as you know, there are issues where the consoles do not maintain a 60fps, period. The weapon (spread, recoil and much more) and damage system was setup in multiples of 30 tick rate. So a 45Hz server would result in wrong behavior, maybe suddle, but thats a fact. Servers @ 60Hz are indeed more expensive than 30Hz, but thats not the reason at all why we did not run with it on consoles. The reason why we were not able to ship with 60Hz console servers is the client performance. The way the engine works is that a 60Hz server requires a 60 Hz ticked console also (not to mistake with 60fps, currenty we run 30Hz tick with interpolation frames). 60Hz tick vs 30Hz tick @ 60fps is a lot more computational expensive (mostly due to animations). So a 60Hz tick console MUST be able to maintain a 60Hz framerate too. Hence only for smaller gamemodes (with less players, or any gamemode as long as the player count is restricted to <=32 or even 24) this can be an option at all. I do plan to look into this in the near future and test it internally. But the hit detection issues had to be solved first as otherwise it would only have a marginally impact and not solve the hit detection issues low pingers have with high pingers.
  • TheGmCGaMeR
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @mischkag I'm sorry to bug you but I am desperate for some answers on Battlefield 1 with Xbox One X. Can we expect an Xbox One X enhancement update for Battlefield 1 in the future? Thank you for taking the time to read this.
  • DerLokator
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Last active August 29th, good try :P
  • TheGmCGaMeR
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I tried... maybe he'll get on and answer if we're lucky. If anyone else knows any other developers tag them and ask them. Maybe we will get some answers
  • TheGmCGaMeR
    They're probably all busy working on the new Battlefield. I guarantee that game is going to be off the hook on the One X. I just hope it's World War II
  • mcbutler1s
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Please add an X enhancement. Love loyal Battlefield fan. Would love 4k support or some higher detail.
  • Fayz06
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    what the hell dice!!! release a patch for it, or are you only suppprting games with loot boxes and micro transactions?

• MOSHY25
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Love the game, only game I play. Please patch. Wont change what I play. Would even pay for it. Just please add.
  • troj95himself
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What's the status on enhanced bf1 ??
  • TheGmCGaMeR

None. Xbox players get nothing as of right now
  • Zhuni-I
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Feelz
  • blue166
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is a total joke if we don't get any type of enhancement for this game on the Xbox One X. Risky when COD WW2 has 4K..
  • oof14346

A much more solid 60 fps game and a minor bump in visuals.
  • TheGmCGaMeR

Dynamic resolution and performance. There are no developer implemented improvements
  • blue166
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Dynamic resolution and performance. There are no developer implemented improvements

They could do more to use the power of the X. They did it with the pro so why not the X..
  • TheGmCGaMeR
    blue166 wrote: »

They could do more to use the power of the X. They did it with the pro so why not the X..

Exactly my point!