Xbox One X enhancements patch!

Comments

• SCSojiro
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i_Goof_i wrote: »
    gmcworks wrote: »
    I started this thread to talk about them releasing an enhancement patch for the 1X not fix hundreds of bugs that don't exist.

I disagree with them releasing any enhancement patch for the 1X and the bugs are just one of my reasons. I don't think all 100 need to get fixed before we start looking at enhancements but I'm sure there is a good Top 10 that needs to get fixed.

Visuals enhancements. This have nothing to do with bugs.

Besides, I've never seen anything I would qualify as a bug on BF1 (I have like ~30 hours of playtime)
  • DerLokator
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2017
    SCSojiro wrote: »
    i_Goof_i wrote: »
    I started this thread to talk about them releasing an enhancement patch for the 1X not fix hundreds of bugs that don't exist.

I disagree with them releasing any enhancement patch for the 1X and the bugs are just one of my reasons. I don't think all 100 need to get fixed before we start looking at enhancements but I'm sure there is a good Top 10 that needs to get fixed.

Visuals enhancements. This have nothing to do with bugs.

Besides, I've never seen anything I would qualify as a bug on BF1 (I have like ~30 hours of playtime)

LOL after 1000 Hours you see more bugs, trust me and after every update new bugs are getting in the game. There is indeed a risk of new bugs after an Enhancemend patch. I heard, that the lightning bug where you saw nothing than bright light getting out of a darker room was after the HDR update.

Did you drive a tank the last time? The only tank, which makes damage to other tanks in the moment, is the assault gas tank. This bug came after the last update and is gamebreaking for tank drivers.

As you see in this presentation (https://www.ea.com/frostbite/news/4k-checkerboard-in-battlefield-1-and-mass-effect-andromeda), you can read that it is not so easy to implement 4k checkerboarding in a game.

Since most DICE devs are working on Star Wars Battlefront II and Battlefield 2018, the BF1 dev team is now probably quiet small, and they have an extra dev team for Battlefield Incursions (what I never wanted).

They also tested a completely new Weapon balance in the cte since months and it got never in the game, maybe also because they are scared about new bugs.

So it is indeed not so probably, that we will see an enhancemend patch.

But it would be nice if DICE could tell us a 100% yes or no and yes, I also want the Enhancemend patch, but I am also not so optimistic there.
  • TheGmCGaMeR
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    LOL the lightning bug is supposed to be that way it's supposed to simulate walking outside from a dark room.
  • Zhuni-I
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Zhuni-I wrote: »
    To all those saying it looks good. It does not imo. Between the heavy use of AA and upscaled 1080p in 4k it's vaseline vision. Then add on top dices terrible lighting its pretty painful.
    I think you need a new telly then because that isn’t my experience at all. By the way it isn’t in 4K upscaled or otherwise.

I agree plus I have a PS4 and XB1X and the difference is negligible. Those expecting some major revelation from an upgrade are in for a let down.
    To all those saying it looks good. It does not imo. Between the heavy use of AA and upscaled 1080p in 4k it's vaseline vision. Then add on top dices terrible lighting its pretty painful.
    I think you need a new telly then because that isn’t my experience at all. By the way it isn’t in 4K upscaled or otherwise.

I agree plus I have a PS4 and XB1X and the difference is negligible. Those expecting some major revelation from an upgrade are in for a let down.
    LOL the lightning bug is supposed to be that way it's supposed to simulate walking outside from a dark room.

.... While viewing through a ten year old camera phone
  • TheGmCGaMeR
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Lol point taken... I've accepted the fact that we are not getting any updates the game does look awesome the way it is now. But Battlefield 2018 is going to be off the hook
  • TheGmCGaMeR
    As long as they leave cops and robbers out of the picture. I hope they go to World War II
  • Zhuni-I
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Lol point taken... I've accepted the fact that we are not getting any updates the game does look awesome the way it is now. But Battlefield 2018 is going to be off the hook

Amen to that! Bf1 will tide me over for another year
  • oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As long as they leave cops and robbers out of the picture. I hope they go to World War II

I hope they go a little futher up in time. I miss Little Birds and Attack Choppers.
  • Zhuni-I
    Yeah at the launch of bf1 I would of defo said ww2 but now I don't think it would feel fresh enough. For me atleast. Vietnam era gets my vote
  • LazyBuzzard86
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah at the launch of bf1 I would of defo said ww2 but now I don't think it would feel fresh enough. For me atleast. Vietnam era gets my vote
    Vietnam also gets my vote :D I never played BF Vietnam on PC, but I played the expansion for Bad Company 2 and it was awesome, imagine a full game dedicated to that genre! It’s old enough to use a lot of the old school weapons, but modern enough to use jets and helicopters, and M16’s etc, There’s something for everyone then
  • TheApexEnigma
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I see some differences between the xbox one and xbox one x on battlefield
  • ShintyShinto
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It'll probably happen, but it already looks and runs smoother than the XB1 without the patch.
  • DerLokator
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2017
    1) 2018 WW2 and 2019 Bad Company 3 is already confirmed from our trusty leaker almightyDaq and it’s off topic.
    2) Xbox One had normally 900p, it often dropped to 720p. Maybe if nothing happened in the game, 1000p could happen. So it could be, that the X gets constant 1000p now without drops at 60Hz, draw distance is incredible good and sharp now, on standard Xbox I think stuff far away was really unsharp. Textures of other players through sniper scope are also awesome. Textures in general should also be better. Everything is smooth now and you have fastest loading times from all other Xbox players

If you see that Star Wars Battlefront II has 1800p, 1000p is still a joke, even when the 1000p is looking really fine.
    Post edited by DerLokator on
  • SGT_Lindy
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Witcher 3 got its Xbox One X update today. It came out in 2015 and they are supporting that game very well. Thanks so much EA!
  • Tylytys
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just do it EA!
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Let's go!

• TheGmCGaMeR
    I've lost faith...
  • TheGmCGaMeR
    They're saving their resources for the mic drop in 2018 Battlefield
  • SGT_Lindy
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Saving Xbox resources since the PS4 Pro patch makes the game look much better than the Xbox One version. Sad.

• theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SGT_Lindy wrote: »

Saving Xbox resources since the PS4 Pro patch makes the game look much better than the Xbox One version. Sad.

Not really true. I have both and the difference is negligible even if you try to find it.