Cavalry lance awkward to use ?

SFSeventh
266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Is it just me or is the lance really hard to use/unconsistent ? I ride towards an enemy player, click to start the thrusting attack and nothing happens. Maybe i get lucky once every 5 attacks. The charge attack is no better half of the time i just pass through enemy players without impaling them (yes i aim the circle presicely at them). Even worse, while going slow when the you swing the lance to attack most of the time it dosent work. Is it a bug or something ? Because right now it offers no benefits over the cavalry sword. Also why cant we impale enemy riders ? What a missed opportunity ...

Comments

• Contra87
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I also have found it difficult to get lined up. Seems I run over them with no horse kill most of the time, then I get shot out of the saddle from behind. I have managed to gig a couple of them frogs though. So satisfying...
  • dj4047
    459 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The lance is on the same level as the saber on horseback or the bayonet charge. Its 80 percent based on luck.
  • Djoenz
    726 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 2017
    They really do need to work on these issues, especially the fact you can't impale/joust other riders while they are on their horses. That is a huge missed opportunity indeed.
  • bfloo11111111111
    209 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You can joust/ impale other riders, or at least we could in the cte.

I did it once, more by accident.
  • SFSeventh
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can joust/ impale other riders, or at least we could in the cte.

I did it once, more by accident.

most of the time i just jump over them
  • CS-2107
    1552 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I found out that it has a delayed damage output. The time you trigger the attack the rider prepares for the hit, so 1 second later it will actually deal the damage. Lets say you ride at full speed and want to kill an enemie player, you have to trigger the attack not when you are right beside him, but a few meters in front of him.
  • RavenousTithe
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    I found out that it has a delayed damage output. The time you trigger the attack the rider prepares for the hit, so 1 second later it will actually deal the damage. Lets say you ride at full speed and want to kill an enemie player, you have to trigger the attack not when you are right beside him, but a few meters in front of him.

This. I'm having pretty good luck with it but you do need to start your standard thrust/swipe early. Even nailed a saber cavalry rider on a pass by with the standard thrust. Full joust charge did miss him though. When attacking infantry I've found that you need to keep the enemy as close to the horse as possible, and if you miss, usually you'll get the horse trample. Loving it so far! I don't take the saber anymore.
  • SFSeventh

ooooooooooooooooooh ok thanks for the tip, let's see if things start going for the better :D
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Some people have too damn much time on their hands.

Ran into a guy the other day with 7 stars on the Cav Lance already. The CTE hasn't even been out THAT long
  • SFSeventh
    edited August 2017

This. I'm having pretty good luck with it but you do need to start your standard thrust/swipe early. Even nailed a saber cavalry rider on a pass by with the standard thrust. Full joust charge did miss him though. When attacking infantry I've found that you need to keep the enemy as close to the horse as possible, and if you miss, usually you'll get the horse trample. Loving it so far! I don't take the saber anymore.

Holy **** this guy was right you just have to start the attack before you run into an enemy soldier, like 0.5sec before. Thank you sir you are a true legend !
    GG case closed, mcdonalds 4 everyone xD
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    Some people have too damn much time on their hands.

Ran into a guy the other day with 7 stars on the Cav Lance already. The CTE hasn't even been out THAT long

Im already seeing 10 stars on the dlc weapons and even vanilla weapons

~

The lance has a different hitbox to the saber. A semi sphere to the left, right and front sides of the horse. You have to be precise with the lance charge (NetCode is critical)
  • Forkbeard84
    1557 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What's the trick when swinging the lance left or right? (Instead of charging.)

I've killed some by swinging the lance but seems hit and miss.