Does The Average PC Player Really Want to Play on Rented Servers?

-Antares65z
1496 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I'm referring to the average/casual players, not the enthusiasts that take the game more seriously. Recently I've noticed a common question being asked on these forums and Reddit. 'When is Dice going to provide official All Maps servers?' I've seen that question come up a lot lately, I'm sure you have too.

I commented on these threads and mentioned how there are many Conquest All Maps servers out there sitting empty. I asked - Why are so many players willing to jump on TSNP servers and spend the time getting those servers going, yet they don't seem willing to do that on rented All Maps servers? I did not receive ONE comment to my questions. It was ignored on five separate threads. Last weekend, myself and a few friends were on my server trying to get a round going on Soissons. We had 8 players on and I was watching the browser on my second computer. I watched players jumping on an empty TSNP West server running Soissons. My server is also in the West. Eventually over 30-45 minutes, they managed to get the round going and what server traffic I had eventually left. What does this tell you? It tells me that most players prefer Dice official servers, not our rented servers even if it means getting to play All Maps.

Considering that there is a glut of Official servers and we have the new DLC maps dropping next week, there will be only more official DLC maps servers to choose from and people such as myself will have an even harder time ever getting our servers going. Dice has done nothing to make it easier for us, such as dropping the player start count down to 4-6 for official settings, nor addressing the Custom servers not showing up in the browser without special filter settings. In all honesty, I don't think they will ever will fix these main problems, which means that those of us that haven't been successful in drawing consistent server traffic by now, much less even getting a round going, are just flushing our $45 a month down the toilet.

Comments

• CrashCA
    852 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rented servers, even non Custom, do not always show in the server browser. And none get QM
  • CedarOfLebanon
    596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    Rented servers, even non Custom, do not always show in the server browser. And none get QM

I can assure you non custom rented servers do get quick match ONLY when round is started.
  • -Antares65z
    1496 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017

I can assure you non custom rented servers do get quick match ONLY when round is started.

Dice's MO - Lets make sure that our official servers that we AREN'T making any money off of gets filled up first. We're not concerned about helping out our RSP paying customers by directing QM traffic to their servers to help get the round going.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Dice's MO - Lets make sure that our official servers that we AREN'T making any money off of gets filled up first. We're not concerned about helping out our RSP paying customers by directing QM traffic to their servers to help get the round going.

If your rented server is official settings it will get qm traffic, if custom it wont. Unless its a specific DICE custom then the server will get qm through the custom quick match depending on the mod the server has.
  • -Antares65z

If your rented server is official settings it will get qm traffic, if custom it wont. Unless its a specific DICE custom then the server will get qm through the custom quick match depending on the mod the server has.

Everything is set to official. Does this mean I'll get pre-round QM traffic? Or the round has to get going before the server is fed QM traffic?
  • CedarOfLebanon
    edited September 2017
    Preround does not get qm traffic only when round start
  • HonorguyXNL
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Quickmatch has been disabled for Rented servers since November 2016. If your server fills up quickly it only means that it's higher visible in the server browser.

If you think this aint true, well it got confirmed that QM was disabled somewhere in december 2016 by a DICE dev.
  • -Antares65z
    edited September 2017
    Quickmatch has been disabled for Rented servers since November 2016. If your server fills up quickly it only means that it's higher visible in the server browser.

If you think this aint true, well it got confirmed that QM was disabled somewhere in december 2016 by a DICE dev.

So what you're saying is that rented servers don't receive any QM traffic, even after the round gets started? I wonder whose brilliant idea that was. Isn't it hilarious! I'm convinced that EA does not want the RSP to be successful. The logical business decision would have been to divert QM traffic to rented servers first, and if there weren't any matches, then QM traffic would be routed to the Dice official servers. What a complete joke. What's sad is that the people making these types of decisions are making a nice paycheck. LOL.
    Post edited by -Antares65z on
  • CedarOfLebanon

You are wrong, quick match works for rented servers when the round is started only when a server is official not custom.
  • Axlerod1
    1336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Cedar is correct , you have to have 20 players in the server and the match has to be started before it takes effect.
  • -Antares65z
    edited September 2017
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Cedar is correct , you have to have 20 players in the server and the match has to be started before it takes effect.

Good to hear. I went from zero hope to a flicker that maybe west coast players will get fed up with playing on east coast servers and server bouncing between stock, TSNP and TSAR servers and will help get my all 22 maps server going.
  • HonorguyXNL
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »

I guess I'll just dig up the Dice Dev stating it got disabled for RSP...
  • CedarOfLebanon
    Like i said there is a trick to fill up an "official" server with only 6 people needed and not 20.
  • Axlerod1
    1336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah I love that 6 player start trick. Pain in the rear but it does work.
  • -Antares65z
    edited September 2017
    See Dice's response two days ago to the thread's main question. For those of us trying to get our servers going with traffic, this is pretty much the nail in the coffin IMO. My server is up for renewal today and I have to seriously consider not renewing it. I'm convinced that most players will go to Dice official servers first before rented ones. I think most have been turned off by the countless Badmins from BF4 and BF3 days.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/6yl4bc/whats_the_excuse_for_still_not_having_all_the/dmpfjpn/
  • Axlerod1
    The new players coming in from COD might go to dice servers. Honestly though, most players want good content and good player ran servers. DICE still wont fix the issue with hardocre being custom amongst other things. That was the nail in the coffin for the game, the way dice got rid of battlelog and made any changes to a server a custom server and players having to much difficulty finding a server with the game type they want to play.

DICE brags hw they sold 20 million copies of the game world wide but yet only about 125,000 play the game. That is 00.6% that bought the game still play it after 11 months.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes, I'd rather play on rented servers. Community servers are managed far better and there's usually less riff raff to deal with.
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Like i said there is a trick to fill up an "official" server with only 6 people needed and not 20.

Ok but do you then get quickmatch traffic between 6 and 20 players. Because like you said earlier in this topic QM trafic with servers with official settings only gets QM traffic after reaching 20 players ... and that is true. So with this "trick" you get it also below 20? And what are the rest of the settings then? Official? So only 6 player start is different, or is it a trick where players who press official quickmatch button even end up on a 200% damage server.

P.s. cant believ semeprfi honor NL - he is 1 of the big guys at semperfi who own 2 servers that are full everyday in europe on pc and have official settings 24/7 ameins adn 24/7 fort and both 100% sure get QM traffic after reaching 20.
  • NoBanMePLS
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Custom servers are the reason I stopped playing battlefield 4. Badmins left and right who cant handle being beaten. I was in a game where I got switched 4 times to the admins team and banned when I called him a name.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    NoBanMePLS wrote: »
    Custom servers are the reason I stopped playing battlefield 4. Badmins left and right who cant handle being beaten. I was in a game where I got switched 4 times to the admins team and banned when I called him a name.

Play on LEB servers, no badmins