Earn Premium For Free (suggestion)

Triplexbee1943
20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I had a quick search to see if this had been posted already but we all know how search works on forums.

Anyway, for the first time in my BF gaming, I am not a premium subscriber and to be honest for the last few months the base game has become more than a little stale. A position that is echoed everywhere you read about the game. Couple this with the reality of a split player base (also written everywhere) and it got me thinking about the whole premium situation.

My solution to the 'problem' would be that if you reached level 100, you would be rewarded with access to the premium side of the game. This serves EA/Dice with the benefit that it gives a long range goal to play for and actually has value (in my case £40). This would keep a greater number of players playing for longer with an added benefit to the community that there would be an increase (hopefully) in the base skill of BF players.

I think that this idea would actually allow them to keep the Premium paywall for those players who cannot wait or have no intention of playing to lvl100. There could be some added value for the paying premium players if they so desired but these should not be tailored to unlevel the playing field or fragment it.

We are all starting to agree (even the publishers themselves) that the current model is dying and micro trans can suck a **** , so why reinvent the wheel, just pop some new tyres on it.

Comments

• Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It would just have the effect of making premium look like pay to skip.
  • Wandereru
    355 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    So you are saying you want to take a dump on everyone who paid for expansions just like EA already did with the release of only one DLC and introduction of Revolution edition?
  • Triplexbee1943
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wandereru wrote: »
    So you are saying you want to take a dump on everyone who paid for expansions just like EA already did with the release of only one DLC and introduction of Revolution edition?

Yep, a big steamer. You deserve it.
  • Triplexbee1943
    V2Face wrote: »
    Lmao y'all freemium people are hilarious. You should keep your terrible ideas in your head, OP.

Freemium, gtfoh.
  • Triplexbee1943
    Teh_Next wrote: »
    It would just have the effect of making premium look like pay to skip.

Not really skip, just those not willing or able to earn it through gameplay alone; options.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just a dumb idea. When will you freemium people learn. We will loose content and quality if they every did away with paying for dlcs. People like you are the reason "the current model is dying". Think everything should be free.

Again dumbest idea.

• Triplexbee1943
    Just a dumb idea. When will you freemium people learn. We will loose content and quality if they every did away with paying for dlcs. People like you are the reason "the current model is dying". Think everything should be free.

Again dumbest idea.

We have already lost content. Freemium is ****.

The reality is the industry segmenting our games to maximise the amount of money they can milk out of us. Drug dealers do the same with their marks.

Don't do drugs.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017

Again dumbest idea.

The reality is the industry segmenting our games to maximise the amount of money they can milk out of us. Drug dealers do the same with their marks.

Don't do drugs.

Wow lol. We have gained content not lost it. 6 dlcs maps not 4. It appears you are the one who needs to lay off drugs. :wink:

Edit: @StarscreamUK . Op I really don't think you should compare Dice to drug dealers.
  • Triplexbee1943
    lol with your edit to a mod referencing an analogy. You high bro? @kampkaos_420_
  • kampkaos_420_
    lol with your edit to a mod referencing an analogy. You high bro? @kampkaos_420_

Not yet, but you must be. Can tell your new to forums.

You have no argument

You fail to back it

You try to insult due to lack of knowledge

Go back to Mario Cart. :wink:
  • Triplexbee1943

You have no argument

You fail to back it

Thanks for all your valuable input.

BTW it's lose.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11302 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This went downhill with the quickness.
  • olavafar
    2071 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The idea is fine in general but adding this now would be slightly dishonest to those already got premium. Most buy premium because they are fairly certain, already at release, that they will play the game for a long time (I frankly see no other reason).

Personally I just want to avoid dishing out change money over a long time for each DLC and just prefer to pay it all up front and be done with it. The suggested type of model should be clear when the original game is sold. I'd not buy premium then as I know I'm going to be at level cap faster than they push out DLCs, just as I did not go 'Ultimate' as the only difference is a set of skins and stuff like that.

There is of course one way to make this work and that would be to make leveling so slow it will take an ambitious player a year or two to reach max level. That would basically have the same effect as the sales they will anyhow have on the game as it grows older (expecting premium price to be about the same as the base game price around a year or two after release).
  • Triplexbee1943
    I realise it would be a pain for those who have already stumped up for premium (perhaps that is why I am hearing from some great people).

I agree with you fully about one price all content included. My only fear is that will be an excuse to just raise prices further.
  • kampkaos_420_

You have no argument

You fail to back it

Thanks for all your valuable input.

BTW it's lose.

As if you've had any thus far. Lol
  • rock1obsta
    3817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    Lmao y'all freemium people are hilarious. You should keep your terrible ideas in your head, OP.

Amen brother. TESTIFY B)
  • ItsDoomsday
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I love how the OP's only real reason for getting premium free is because the base game has gotten stale for him. Boo hoo for you, pay like everybody else, you're not special. If you are willing to play the game up to level 100 I don't see why you would have a problem paying for extra content anyways
  • gets__tilted
    1675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Again dumbest idea.

Don't do drugs.

Wow lol. We have gained content not lost it. 6 dlcs maps not 4. It appears you are the one who needs to lay off drugs. :wink:

Edit: @StarscreamUK . Op I really don't think you should compare Dice to drug dealers.

Dude now you're just ratting for the sake of ratting, a common occurrence.

You have exhausted your @ powers.
This discussion has been closed.