Latest New Maps Coming Out and Server Updates

-Antares65z
1633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
With the five new maps coming out on Tuesday and the 15 map limit, one has to think that there will also be a server update as well. I can't imagine Dice releasing five more maps and not a fix for the map limit. I wonder what else they may choose to address. Has anyone heard anything?

Comments

• Axlerod1
    1372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Then you have not been playing BF1 in the last 11 months.
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    didn't procon for hardline / bf4 / bf3 all had limits as well?
  • Axlerod1
    1372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nope you could run all maps and do mix modes
  • CrashCA
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And make map-specific changes
  • -Antares65z
    1633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Still at 15 maps. I should have known but chose to give them the benefit of the doubt. So I guess technically, you can't run an All Maps server. Just a best of the bunch. lol. I'll try and be optimistic and think that Dice will release a server update in the coming days after things settle down with the roll out of the new maps.
  • kruh-BF2142
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    "Battlefield 1 1.13 update has increased RSP map rotation limit from 15 to 24."

ahhh stop spoiling us DICE, it's too much
  • CrashCA
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Appears this has not actually happened.
  • -Antares65z

Makes you wonder why Dice doesn't increase it to the total number of maps they're planning on putting out.
  • Axlerod1

Makes you wonder why Dice doesn't increase it to the total number of maps they're planning on putting out.

DICE can't think that far ahead.
    The patch notes say you can have up to 24 maps in the rotation but it is not included?
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2017
    i havent tested this but it happened before that the patch notes were 1 month premature. if it doesnt work now it proably will work noext month, but indeed too late because now there are 22 maps. i guess it all has to do with servers they rent themselfes from i3dnet and probably get only so much room on an ssd for 1 server???? so too many maps takes too much room i am guessing here i am now tralking abouyt why not go straight beyond 24 ..... because 10 +6 +6 +4(6) +4(6) =30 to 34 maps after all maps have come out.
  • CrashCA
    edited September 2017
    Just tried to add maps, still limited to 15.

Another EPIC FAIL !!!!!

Remember when they used to tell us they could not talk about until "certified", now all they do is talk.
  • Axlerod1
    edited September 2017
    I guess this is further proof that RSP is on the back burner.

The only update for RSP was changing the number of maps from 15 to 24 and yet DICE failed to deliver again.

This isn't being negative, this is me being factual. Thanks DICE for the huge RSP update. I hope they are patting themselves on their backs. I am sure they are laughing at all of us complaining. They will tell us it is coming soon or it will be in the next patch and still won't deliver.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i havent tested this but it happened before that the patch notes were 1 month premature. if it doesnt work now it proably will work noext month, but indeed too late because now there are 22 maps. i guess it all has to do with servers they rent themselfes from i3dnet and probably get only so much room on an ssd for 1 server???? so too many maps takes too much room i am guessing here i am now tralking abouyt why not go straight beyond 24 ..... because 10 +6 +6 +4(6) +4(6) =30 to 34 maps after all maps have come out.

A VM/Box that runs 8 64p game instances works off a single install of the server files. So the limitation isn't about disk space.
  • splifire
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If the patchnotes were one month ahead, it shoul now be possible to set up the kit limitation mentioned in the last patchnotes... did anyone try this? :D