Opinions on the new maps

llPhantom_Limbll
6338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited September 2017
With russian dlc now being release I'm sure many people already had a chance to try all new maps and see if they are balanced or not.
Even though i tried 3 of them back in cte the feeling completel changed with the full release.

Brusilov Keep is still definitely feels like Suez 2.0 especially with the train wreching everything on such a small map as soon as it arrives.

Albion is still lacking AA defense as planes are basically unstoppable on that map. And even parabellum farming players don't help much.

Tsaritsyn feels like Metro 2.0 now with all amount of nade and gas spam. i have no idea why such a nice map in cte completely turned around on release.

Volga feels too big and like Lupkow has no transport vehicles so you have to run and run and run between flags which becomes annoying after a while.

Galicia is one of the best looking maps in bf1 for sure. But some some reaon Dice decided to add another pointless behemoth on this maps. It can't do almost anything for the team because of such a weird placement at the very top of the map.

Overall the impression is nice but I'm 100% positive they've done it so much better and way more balanced.
Any other thoughts?

Comments

• TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    Haven't tried Brusilov, but seems like nobody wants to vote for it, so a bad omen.

Albion is a pilots haven, the Germans have a massive disadvantage cause all the blueberries strand their team on the boat to swim to shore.

Tsaritsyn isn't as bad as metro/lockers but is still slightly worse than Argonne.

Volga River is my favourite map so far. There is cover, and all classes are viable. The map doesn't suffer from heavy tank/arty truck camping either and there are no planes. It seems to flow pretty well and it's impossible to snipe from the uncap.

Galicia. I thought DICE couldn't make a more unbalanced map than Fao, or with a worse design than Suez. I was so very, very wrong. Where to begin.... the map MASSIVELY favours the Russians, all their flags are closer to their spawn than the Austrians. There is no cover whatsoever, the behemoth is useless and annoying, infantry gameplay is worse than on Sinai and half the map is infested with hill humpers. DICE took everything wrong with Golmud in BF4, turned it up to eleven then took away the tanks. But it's my favourite looking map save for Nivelle Nights, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Lupkow is average. Only problem is too many hills.

Also DICE has to do something about the white text on the snow maps. I can't read it for peanuts.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    well I won on Galicia twice as Austrians so i don't really see the issue here. But map is flat and lacks proper cover generally. The Brusilov Offensive operation is complete hell on earth because of that.
  • TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    well I won on Galicia twice as Austrians so i don't really see the issue here. But map is flat and lacks proper cover generally. The Brusilov Offensive operation is complete hell on earth because of that.
    The attackers have trouble leaving the spawn in my experience. The ones that do get blown away by snipers and mortars.
  • Mrs_Ragdoll
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well for Conquest 3 of them are nice, some are well... let me say carefully....not good. I will play this Russian DLC more in TDM and Domination. Normally I play Conquest 80% of the time but for this DLC I will adjust to other gamemodes because in Conquest with 64 players there is alot wrong with 3 of the maps (Tsaritsyn, Galicia and Brusilov keep).
  • II-Katyusha-II
    1168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like them all, except Lupkow Pass.
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To early to definitively say but early signs are canny.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    Tsaryitsan is the one map where I think DICE dropped the ball since it has so much potential. The rest of the maps I find to be really fun.

Like I said in an earlier thread, I actually quite like Galicia. It might be different on console due to the AA but on PC the snipers can't hit the broadside of a barn. Since the map is flat, they sit farther back and actually need to account for bullet drop, which from my three matches they can't seem to do.

As a medic I just use marksman variants and pick them off, they are sitting (laying ducks). As for cover, I use the trenches and the dried out river bed to maneuver around.
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Tzintzin map is terrible.no words needed.
    Brusilov is my favourite of the lot because it has covers and dynamic gameplay. From close to medium to long,with pretty good counters to each.
    Galicia and volga are a running simulator. I had good games on them but i didn't like that they scatter teams so much around ,that a single squad can go undisturbed and zerg 4 flags. Cool but tedious.
    Albion is just like the two above but with a much better art design. One squad grabs a boat and back caps four of you flags before some of yours start to realize.

It could be the huge experience accumulated,but vanilla maps are still on a much higher level than both tsnp and tsar maps. Overall a pretty good dlc.
  • YourLocalPIumber
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Galicia is terrible map. Just a huge flat field with few windmills around and nothing else. If you like playing Assault/Medic/Support, forget about this map. If you like camping somewhere as a scout or in a tank, this map is alright.

Brusilov's Keep. Alright map, not really suited for CQ, haven't tried it in Operations yet, but a good map non the less.

Volga River. Meh, is big and lacks...dynamic perhaps? Everything that happens on it is random. Only plaied 3 games on it though.

Tsaritsyn. Great map. Nice clusterfuck in the middle, but still fun to play on with huge amount of flanking routes to get some nice killstreaks.

Albion. My favourite map. Nice, old, big battlefield map. Although lacks some AAs since we had pilots eating infy for dinner.

Lupkov Pass. Been playing this map since release in August and is my second favourite of the bunch. Also big, mountain terrain. Maybe few transport vehicles would be nice since A and G are aften forgotten and most of the action is around C, D and F.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All the maps beside the citadel one (can't remember the names) are favoring hill humping scrubs-huh I mean scouts too much. Too much running, not enough cover and add that to the amount of snipers, the amount of planes (with barely any AA) and artillery trucks and you have that garbage.
  • mihai2011rom
    792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017
    Volga is good. Tsarisin has potential. Brusilov is not bad. Albion is either a walking or a swimming simulator depending on your team. Galicia is not as bad as people make it to be. Lupkow is abysmal.
    Bonus: supply drop is horrible. They need to make frontlines for this dlc.
    Another bonus: operation are really bad and unbalanced. The Brusilov op is won by the defense on the last sector of the 1st map. Red tide is won on the 1st sector of the 2nd map for the defense. Explosives and snipers everywhere.
  • l-Randy-I
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I like them all, except Lupkow Pass.

It's just to bad u can't choose ur vehicle of choice
  • Kawaii_K0n
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Brusilov offensive is unbalanced. Out of the three games; only won once. You spawn in the middle of the open with no cover and your only hopes of pushing is getting up there and keeping it before the enemy team gridlocks you. Spawning in the open is the worst part- instantly sniped and instantly blown up by AT rockets.
  • JohnMatrix666
    1255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Brusilov is terrible, constant spawning into insta-deaths, can't seem to vault over most of the partly destroyed walls after the buildings get damaged, the behemoth wrecks everything while camping in its spawn...

I think I haven't even played Tsaritsyn and I mixed it up with Brusilov at first. Guessing it's really bad since it never comes up.

Łupków Pass sucks, hillhumper's delight

Galicia is okay-ish, I like the atmosphere but it feels a bit too open for my tastes

Albion isn't bad but it really isn't good either. Nice to look at but felt really slow.

Volga is pretty much the only map they absolutely nailed here. Suits all classes, isn't too vehicle heavy, and the battles in the ruins get pretty intense at times.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My favourite in the new DLC is Volga followed closely by Tsaritsyn , there is some great firefights around C flag in Volga and plenty of cover in the ruins and I even found a chimney that I could stand in and not be seen by enemy
  • Bluemoon2393
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The bit I don't get it is why isn't Lupkow Pass added onto the Brusilov Offensive operation when its big enough and good enough to be included in the operations.

I do like the Idea that they added the Russian Revolution/Civil War into this game adding that extra bit off history as it was a very important part off WW1 as it changed the World forever. Also Tsaritsyn/Stalingrad (Now Volgograd) is good as it looks and feels like you in WW2 even though its the Russian Civil War.

I haven't had a chance to play on them properly but I wish they had more operations as its fun to learn and play at the same time.
  • Djoenz
    726 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Galicia = Terrible. Too open, flat and it's an Artillery&Sniper fest.
    Brusilov Keep = I love the vibe of this map. The lay out is pretty nice. I love the two bridges, but I have to check out that Bell Tower. I never got to it.
    Volga River = Supposed to be a Tank warfare map and it succeeds in it. I love the fact there are only landships allowed there. 3 vs. 3. I'd say they accomplished the vibe completely. Enough coverage for the rest. I like this map.
    Albion = Pure love. I love everything about this map. From the coastal guns to the spawn on a massive battleship for the Germans. Even the heavy bombers stand a chance due to less AA guns and it makes sense otherwise it would have been a shame not to allow the new bombers to have some breathing room.
    Tsaritsyn = Campfest. It truly is a campfest. Yesterday though we had one of the best matches ever. We lost and the scores were 958-1000. Epicness.
    Lupkow Pass I love playing this map with the Cavalry and Scout class with the Lebel Model.

I haven't played the maps for too long since I was busy trying to do the assignments for the new guns.... Tedious. Since it is easier to do the assignments in the Vanilla maps and TSNP maps.
  • bleachee
    987 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like them all except Tsaritsyn. Three flags with an enclosed meatgrinder at B just makes for mindless kill, die, repeat gameplay. My biggest problem with the DLC is the blurriness. Lupkow and Brusilov look really bad, especially Brusilov. Brusilov looks like it's from a different game it's so blurry and low-res. A Dice dev said they were looking into giving us the option to turn off the new chromatic aberration effect, so I'm hopeful. Otherwise, I feel that it's a good DLC being brought down by a serious graphics problem. The crackling audio is another issue that I hope will be cleaned up soon.
  • RealDonGiovanni
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Galicia is the new Sinai. Sniper Hell. It's too open without enough vehicles nor cover. The Division used to own the walking simulator award. I now dub the Galicia map as the new winner. Walk, run, walk, walk, (snipe). Spawn, walk, run, walk (snipe). You can't get Anywhere because there is just not enough cover.
  • diagoro
    1593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Many of the maps are pretty bland/unimaginative, with far too much open space
    Galicia is the new Sinai. Sniper Hell. It's too open without enough vehicles nor cover. The Division used to own the walking simulator award. I now dub the Galicia map as the new winner. Walk, run, walk, walk, (snipe). Spawn, walk, run, walk (snipe). You can't get Anywhere because there is just not enough cover.

At least Sinai has the center village, that offers good battles. There's also good changes in elevation. In Galicia, it's just on long flat map with limited cover.